Please forgive if this is out of place in this thread .

The MG3 ,  it needs a tad faster rate of fire. THe mg42 has the rate of fire the mg3 is supposed to have. 

Just feels weird to have an old mg42 in a 1990 scenario :P  

42 minutes ago, ramnily said:

Ask the austrians. :D

44 minutes ago, ramnily said:

The MG3 ,  it needs a tad faster rate of fire. THe mg42 has the rate of fire the mg3 is supposed to have. 

Incorrect, the MG3 has a lower rate of fire then the MG42.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ramnily said:

8 hours ago, war_lord said:

Incorrect, the MG3 has a lower rate of fire then the MG42.

MG42 -> from 900 to 1200 rpm (I heard that it can go up to 1500 but it's unconfirmed). 
MG3 -> from 700 to 900 rpm (V950-R) or from 1000 to 1300 rpm (V550-N). It depends on the shutter group and shock absorber used (feel free to correct, I translated literally from italian).

It's correct, MG42 has a generally higher rof.

13 minutes ago, red_spring said:

MG42 -> from 900 to 1200 rpm (I heard that it can go up to 1500 but it's unconfirmed). 
MG3 -> from 700 to 900 rpm (V950-R) or from 1000 to 1300 rpm (V550-N). It depends on the shutter group and shock absorber used (feel free to correct, I translated literally from italian).

It's correct, MG42 has a generally higher rof.

"Shutter group" That'd be the bolt. MG3s have heavier, beefier bolts as a way to increase reciprocating mass to slow down the rate of fire

"Shock Absorber" That'd be the recoil spring, MG3s have lighter recoil springs again to reduce rate of fire. Durability isn't much of an issue, so long as it doesn't break in combat (which it won't if the gunner and assistant are diligent about maintenance, and they're German, so...) springs are cheap and easy to replace

This has already been discussed in the thread when the MG3 was in development and released. 900rpm is plenty high rate of fire for a 7.62mm GPMG. Too high actually; you waste a lot of ammo unless you have good trigger discipline, hence the move to a weapon with a more adjustable rate of fire (and more importantly for grunts, lighter) like the MG5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hvymtal said:

"Shutter group" That'd be the bolt. MG3s have heavier, beefier bolts as a way to increase reciprocating mass to slow down the rate of fire

"Shock Absorber" That'd be the recoil spring, MG3s have lighter recoil springs again to reduce rate of fire. Durability isn't much of an issue, so long as it doesn't break in combat (which it won't if the gunner and assistant are diligent about maintenance, and they're German, so...) springs are cheap and easy to replace

This has already been discussed in the thread when the MG3 was in development and released. 900rpm is plenty high rate of fire for a 7.62mm GPMG. Too high actually; you waste a lot of ammo unless you have good trigger discipline, hence the move to a weapon with a more adjustable rate of fire (and more importantly for grunts, lighter) like the MG5.

Thanks man, I didn't know the exact english words (native language can be quite deceiving).
Anyway, I was agreeing with war_lord and I wanted to add some info for the guy saying that the rof is incorrect. And yes, 900 rpm are more than enough (at least for arma :f:). 
Ahah! Yeah, you need a really good trigger discipline to use it, that reminds me of a match I played not so long ago. One of my friends wanted to take the gunner role so we switched and I took his AT role. The whole squad knew that he would waste all of his ammo and when he did we laughed our asses off and mocked him a bit. He has a really bad trigger discipline (he was like :shoot:) and we call him "grilletto facile", which means "trigger-happy".

About the MG3 i can only say, the default MG3 which is used by the German Armed Forces has a theoretical performance of 1200 RPM at max which should be correct (without changing the barrel). The MG3KWS has an Option to reduce the RPM from 1200 to 800 this inforamtion was provided directly from Rheinmetall on their own homepage.

MG3KWS

Rheinmetall has developed a combat performance upgrade kit for its tried-and-tested MG3 machinegun. MIL-STD-1913 rails mounted on top of and alongside the receiver as well as on top of the feed cover allow all standard optics and optronics to be used with the weapon. A length- and height-adjustable shoulder stock with integrated buffer and adjustable ground spade, a combined carrying and assault grip, a height-adjustable bipod and a new carrying sling significantly enhance its ergonomics in dismounted operations. Moreover, the receiver can be fitted with a camouflage-coloured coating. Still in development is an interchangeable pistol grip with selective trigger (single-shot and sustained fire); a new internal safety mechanism that can be put on safe while the gun is uncocked (not only while the bolt is cocked as before); a device for reducing the rate of fire from 1,200 to 800 rounds per minute and a built-in round counter to be integrated into the pistol grip, which will record mechanical stress. The upgrade kit can be retrofitted during the course of routine maintenance.

The MG42 has a minium performance of ~1200 RPM

on this Video, they talk about a RPM from 1500 to 1800, which should be correct because the 1200 RPM are the performance with changing the barrel between 250 and 300 Shots which take arround 5 Seconds. So for 1200 RPM there was a minimum of 3 to 4 barrel changes. Which shoudl reach a theoretical RPM arround 1800.

You can install different bolt weights to change the rate of fire.  The high rates of fire everyone likes to quote are theoretical maximums. In the case of the MG42, for anti-air use. Those high rates of fire are super impractical for GPMG use. 

• Like 1

Why has this topic been digged out again? It was explained several times and i think everyone should live with that. By the way, Arma makes all your 1200 RPM wishes go waste, since the firerate is dependend on the framerate. Haven't seen a lot guys lately with constant 60 fps, so everyone would have a firerate that changes all the time. With the BWmod Eagle IV we tried to fix this, but we still encounter a hearable change of RPM. 

• Like 4

My point might have been missed here. 

THe point was that the mg42 RPM  ingame is more accurate to the mg3 RPM IRL. 

Hence if upping the RPM on MG3 ingame to the same as the mg42 was possible. 

35 minutes ago, ramnily said:

No, they got you. And they said no.

1 hour ago, ramnily said:

You were read, understood, and so on.

As Nation Independent Arsenal, we're not actually bound to have stuff set up the way the Germans have it.

8 hours ago, kickapoo0 said:

Why has this topic been digged out again? It was explained several times and i think everyone should live with that. By the way, Arma makes all your 1200 RPM wishes go waste, since the firerate is dependend on the framerate. Haven't seen a lot guys lately with constant 60 fps, so everyone would have a firerate that changes all the time. With the BWmod Eagle IV we tried to fix this, but we still encounter a hearable change of RPM. 

Which reminded me that I should probably send you that thing I was meant to send you a month ago, sorry about that.

Is it possible to disable the custom weapon sounds which are included in this mod? I am already using a soundmod (DynaSound 2.0 + Enhanced Soundscape) and both the unsuppressed and suppressed shot sounds of NIArms (specifically in my case: the AR-15 pack and the MP5 pack - those I have installed right now) sound worse than DS2.0, but I cannot disable them :(

But apart from that, Your mod is a solid weapons mod - well done! :)

TSOM 

16 hours ago, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

Is it possible to disable the custom weapon sounds which are included in this mod? I am already using a soundmod (DynaSound 2.0 + Enhanced Soundscape) and both the unsuppressed and suppressed shot sounds of NIArms (specifically in my case: the AR-15 pack and the MP5 pack - those I have installed right now) sound worse than DS2.0, but I cannot disable them :(

But apart from that, Your mod is a solid weapons mod - well done! :)

TSOM 

Nope, do keep in mind that we're in the middle of a sound overhaul right now, and the two packs you're currently using are two of the oldest ones in the collection.

And "worse" is entirely relative when it comes to sounds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gibfender said:

Is it me or are these compats missing from the Workshop?

• hlc_ace3_compat_AK
  • hlc_ace3_compat_AWC
  • hlc_ace3_Compat_CORE
  • hlc_rhs_compat_CORE

Seems like all the others are there apart from these.

First 2 would be just placeholders, they do nothing at the moment.

Third does not seem to even exist, where did you see it ?

Last one seems to be missing indeed, it handles 40mm grenade ammo compatibility between RHS and any NIA under-barrel launchers in case you're wondering what you're missing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Robalo said:

First 2 would be just placeholders, they do nothing at the moment.

Third does not seem to even exist, where did you see it ?

Last one seems to be missing indeed, it handles 40mm grenade ammo compatibility between RHS and any NIA under-barrel launchers in case you're wondering what you're missing.

I got all 4 of them from the "Optionals" folders in their respective downloads on http://credmo.updatedtuesdays.com/tier1/products/legacy-products/

fr43MTy.png

In that case, my B. Will be up within the next couple hours.

• Like 1

I remembered. The ACE3 core compat became redundant as ACE team added the fix directly into the HuntIR pbo.

Hey toadie, I love your weapons, especially G36s, I'm just wondering if you can make a few other MG36 variants using 6.5 mm as well as with vanilla rails, my community doesn't like to use scopes in our missions.

P.S. a bullpup variant of the g36 would be cool too :P

1 hour ago, jprice94 said:

Hey toadie, I love your weapons, especially G36s, I'm just wondering if you can make a few other MG36 variants using 6.5 mm as well as with vanilla rails, my community doesn't like to use scopes in our missions.

P.S. a bullpup variant of the g36 would be cool too :P

Hahaha...good one....MG36 in 6.5...and bullpup...sci fi Hackler & Kok :)  Nice trolling though.

1 minute ago, bolo861 said:

Hahaha...good one....MG36 in 6.5...and bullpup...sci fi Hackler & Kok :)  Nice trolling though.

I am totally serious tho :D

Well it would fill a role the G36 MLI doesn't currently fill, and it wouldn't be particularly difficult

Bullpup is just a bit no. If it's not designed as a bullpup from the outset, it doesn't look right, AK bullpups case in point

• Like 1