58 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Hi toadie, just letting you know another person is being really helpful and posting your mods on steam... http://steamcommunity.com/id/amit9821

The funny this is there was one guy who wanted permission to upload an all-in-one on steam for the private use of him and his unit... and we actually let him do it (with some terms and conditions) because he was the only person who had ever actually asked instead of doing it illegally. People don't even ask before pulling crap like Mr "Amit" here.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, war_lord said:

The funny this is there was one guy who wanted permission to upload an all-in-one on steam for the private use of him and his unit... and we actually let him do it (with some terms and conditions) because he was the only person who had ever actually asked instead of doing it illegally. People don't even ask before pulling crap like Mr "Amit" here.

People see to think they dont need to ask-So long as they type " I dont own this, toadie2k made it. i'm just helping people download it easily" then everything is somehow fine... I love that attitude-like they are just assisiting the mod maker, because it never occurred to him to post it on steam in the first place.

• Like 4

If only steam made some kind of mod grouping system for the workstop, like a Collection or something? So you could download all the various addons you wanted with one single click, and then people wouldn't have to compile these illegal files like they do.

Sarcasm aside, good on that guy for asking. I still don't get why they need to do that when all the NIArms packs are out there and easily downloaded and grouped though.

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

People see to think they dont need to ask-So long as they type " I dont own this, toadie2k made it. i'm just helping people download it easily"

The fun part is that all of the packs are already on Steam and there is also an All-in-One collection. So what they are doing is simply duplicating content.

• Like 6

Bluntly? I think people are just really, really lazy and will do anything to make gratification a little more instant. New NIA update isn't on steam 5 minutes after release? "Better illegally upload it myself" says the Steam User.

Is a modder not entitled to the sweat of their brow?
No, says the man making requests, it belongs to the end user!
No, says the man in the Valve legal department, it belongs to Gaben!

No, says the Workshop pirate, it belongs to the impatient!

I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Snark.

• Like 11

On 1/29/2017 at 3:47 AM, CameronMcDonald said:

The compatibility PBOs probably need to be updated; IIRC Toadie hasn't had a release since RHS' latest patch.

See that was my thought at first, but it seems it's just the Jack carbine that has the issue.  The Surefire brakes work just fine on the Magpul and Sanitized carbines.  There are strange magicks at work here.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:16 PM, war_lord said:

Is a modder not entitled to the sweat of their brow?
No, says the man making requests, it belongs to the end user!

THE P320 WON THE MHS SO NOW IT IS GOING 2 B AMURIKA'S SECONDARY I NEED IT IN MY ARMA NOW YOU HAF TO DO THIS BECUZ I AM WHINY AND ENTITLED AND I NEED IT NOW AND I REALLY LIKE SIG NOW I USED TO LIKE BERETTA BUT NOW I LIKE SIG AND IT HAS TO BE THE M17 NOT THE P320....

etc etc... Forget mexico we need to build a wall around requesters XD

• Like 5

I've been wondering: Was making a pistol pack now less, same, or more amount of work then let's say an assault rifle pack?
Intuitively I'd say it was less work, but then again I have no clue whatsoever. 
Anyone's got any info on this, I'm curious?

~

If I wasn't such a pedant with executive ordering issues, less.Significantly less parts, and most sidearms are built around concealability, which cuts down on the number of obtuse external details and whatnot.

• Like 3

When it comes to the physical aspects, it's not as hard. When it comes to backend, it's about the same, apparently

• Like 1

On 1/29/2017 at 5:48 PM, b00ce said:

Bueno. The P228 is gonna get some use from me because its almost identical to my M11-a1.

Except for that whole rail interface thing.  For a moment there, I thought you were saying the Army had issued you a M11.  But that's just crazy talk...and then I applied reading comprehension.  Still, a P229 would be a nice addition.

8 hours ago, gatordev said:

Except for that whole rail interface thing.  For a moment there, I thought you were saying the Army had issued you a M11.  But that's just crazy talk...and then I applied reading comprehension.  Still, a P229 would be a nice addition.

Nope, I'm not CID. Its personally owned.

I feel like now's the time for me to pop in and be a little pedantic. The M11 is basically just a P228 with M11 stampings on it. The confusingly named "M11-A1" that SIG sells is a civilian only gun.

• Like 3

Hi Toadie,

Is it possible to get Carryhandle Versions with Eotech and RSA-S reflex sights on top 4 the G36 Pack? That would be really nice 4 ger milsim.

Cool stuff, keep it up :rthumb:

1 hour ago, Bayern_Maik said:

Hi Toadie,

Is it possible to get Carryhandle Versions with Eotech and RSA-S reflex sights on top 4 the G36 Pack? That would be really nice 4 ger milsim.

Cool stuff, keep it up :rthumb:

A variant with the RSA-S may or may not fall under the "additional G36 gear" item currently on the list (have to ask Toadie), but I wouldn't expect anything more than that. Sadly, Arma's dual optic system doesn't work when you have both an integrated optic and an optic attachment slot, so each integrated optic + Eotech/RSA-S variant would be a separate gun.

I know Toadie specifically said no to doing this when he first made the pack just because of how many different variants there would be, but for round 2 when that inevitably comes it's not necessarily out of the question. Probably better for Toadie to answer that than me, though.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, war_lord said:

I feel like now's the time for me to pop in and be a little pedantic. The M11 is basically just a P228 with M11 stampings on it. The confusingly named "M11-A1" that SIG sells is a civilian only gun.

Yeah, and I think @b00ce and I both know that.  I've been issued a M11 on all of my deployments and own a P229, so am familiar with both.  I'm just poking at him and his Army-ness...and my lack of reading comprehension. 

8 minutes ago, Ralliska said:

Does anybody know if this still works with the latest JSRS soundmod: http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/HgA6kf4s5BGUQAAVF72WTA/hlcmods-jsrs-compatibility-patch? I know it's for and old version of JSRS but just wondering if it still works correctly.

Nope, we're not currently compatible with JSRS. The school of thought over here is that since native support for soundshaders has been added, there's not really a need to keep up with souind overhauls. If you don't want any default sounds, Laxemann's works well with NIA.

• Like 5

On 15/02/2017 at 5:29 AM, Chaingunfighter said:

A variant with the RSA-S may or may not fall under the "additional G36 gear" item currently on the list (have to ask Toadie), but I wouldn't expect anything more than that. Sadly, Arma's dual optic system doesn't work when you have both an integrated optic and an optic attachment slot, so each integrated optic + Eotech/RSA-S variant would be a separate gun.

I know Toadie specifically said no to doing this when he first made the pack just because of how many different variants there would be, but for round 2 when that inevitably comes it's not necessarily out of the question. Probably better for Toadie to answer that than me, though.

RSA-S/NVG/ General Bundeswehr-exclusive G36A2 gear is the additional G36 gear, yes. There's a bunch of it, and it's really nation specific stuff, so yeah, didn't fit the initial remit.

Anyhowsers, Release day. ACRs.

http://imgur.com/a/440wU

prod_ACR_head.jpg

Before anyone asks, yes- they're all done up with hiddenselections, so Gaudy Camo jobs are a possibility.

and yes, like the G36s, these are likely candidates for additonal variants in the future.

Have At it

C5-hJBCU8AI6qgH.jpg:large

• Like 14

I just checked on Bi forums and found "posted 3 minutes ago" LOL

• Like 1

Small bug report (perhaps?); the ACR's CfgPatches lists the AR-15 pack as a required addon but the SW version lacks the AR-15 pack as a dependency and will not force you to load it first in the Launcher.

Hi ,

perfect work - like always!

One issue: Any chance of getting a suppressor for 6.8mm variant?