7 hours ago, Slant_ said:

Ah, goddammit. The visual limitation confused the fuck out of me, :) I never even thought of reloading a different kind of ammo. Thanks again for the explanation. It seems this mod is doing what it can about it then. And it looks like we might pick it up, so I'm happy. NIArms doing a good job at compartmentalising all the weapon families, makes it easier to supplement our Arsenal without having a ton of weapons that we already have from different mods.

For what it's worth regarding the magazines, Robalo, never ending source of the good stuff and I might have something in the works

• Like 8

Hi Toadie!

First of all, I want to thank you for all the gorgeous mods you're making for the community. The amount of work must be horrendous! 

I don't know, if you answered this question already pages ago or somewhere else, but I couldn't find any statement of yours. Is the all in one mod going to be on the steam workshop?

I know there are collections. In the end, the result will be the same, but it is much slicker and tidier to have everything "in one". I really love all of your mods, that's why I would be a great fan of having the all in one pack on steam. Also it seems that the downloads on steam run much faster than the ones from other sites; at least for me.

Cheers. 

4 hours ago, leiser_mann said:

Hi Toadie!

First of all, I want to thank you for all the gorgeous mods you're making for the community. The amount of work must be horrendous! 

I don't know, if you answered this question already pages ago or somewhere else, but I couldn't find any statement of yours. Is the all in one mod going to be on the steam workshop?

I know there are collections. In the end, the result will be the same, but it is much slicker and tidier to have everything "in one". I really love all of your mods, that's why I would be a great fan of having the all in one pack on steam. Also it seems that the downloads on steam run much faster than the ones from other sites; at least for me.

Cheers. 

The All in One mod is not going on steam, because of collections. That's the official stance right now.

Hi war_lord,

thanks for the quick reply. Sad to hear that. Perhaps the stance will change eventually. ;)

Keep up the good work!

4 minutes ago, leiser_mann said:

Hi war_lord,

thanks for the quick reply. Sad to hear that. Perhaps the stance will change eventually. ;)

Keep up the good work!

Maybe if Steam gets better at handling large files. I think that was part of the issue. Also you do have to keep in mind that Toadie is in Australia, which has terrible internet.

• Like 2

oh ok. I see... Didn't knew this. Always inspiring and cool to see the whole [ArmA] community work and come together from all over the world. Make ArmA not war!

• Like 1

I would like to report a bug here.

If you load the BWmod and Niarms G36 together with the hlc_bwmod_compat_G36.pbo you get the following issue:

the BWmod G36idz es and the G38 standard versions will be listed as Niarsenal mods in the virtual Arsenal of Arma3.

This does not apply to the other versions. You can see it here:

http://imgur.com/a/d6tSr

This is caused by the hlc_bwmod_compat_G36.pbo so we can´t fix it on our end.

2 hours ago, kickapoo0 said:

I would like to report a bug here.

If you load the BWmod and Niarms G36 together with the hlc_bwmod_compat_G36.pbo you get the following issue:

the BWmod G36idz es and the G38 standard versions will be listed as Niarsenal mods in the virtual Arsenal of Arma3.

This does not apply to the other versions. You can see it here:

http://imgur.com/a/d6tSr

This is caused by the hlc_bwmod_compat_G36.pbo so we can´t fix it on our end.

This is the complete code from the compat pbo you say is the culprit:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//DeRap: Produced from mikero's Dos Tools Dll version 5.66
//'now' is Thu Jan 19 22:00:03 2017 : 'file' last modified on Sat Nov 19 15:38:20 2016
//http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/mikero-pbodll
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#define _ARMA_

//Class hlc_bwmod_compat_G36 : config.bin{
class CfgPatches
{
	class HLC_COMPAT_BWMOD_G36
	{
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Weapons_F","hlcweapons_core","BWA3_Weapons","hlcweapons_G36"};
		version = "1";
		projectName = "HLCmod";
		author = "Toadie";
	};
};
class CfgWeapons
{
	class Rifle_Base_F;
	class hlc_G36_base: Rifle_Base_F
	{
		magazines[] += {"BWA3_30Rnd_556x45_G36","BWA3_30Rnd_556x45_G36_Tracer","BWA3_30Rnd_556x45_G36_Tracer_Dim","BWA3_30Rnd_556x45_G36_SD","BWA3_30Rnd_556x45_G36_AP","BWA3_100Rnd_556x45_G36","BWA3_100Rnd_556x45_G36_Tracer"};
	};
	class BWA3_G36: Rifle_Base_F
	{
		magazines[] += {"hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SOST_G36","hlc_100rnd_556x45_EPR_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_Tracers_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_MDIM_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_TDIM_G36"};
	};
	class BWA3_G38: Rifle_Base_F
	{
		magazines[] += {"hlc_30rnd_556x45_EPR_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SOST_G36","hlc_100rnd_556x45_EPR_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_SPR_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_Tracers_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_MDIM_G36","hlc_30rnd_556x45_TDIM_G36"};
	};
};
//};

As you can see, nothing is overwritten, only NIA G36 mags added in the cleaner way possible. Looks like Arsenal bug to me.

1 hour ago, belbo said:

That's just overly redundant and incomplete at the same time compat code.

Here's the actual faulty code in the arsenal function that's causing the bug:

//--- Function to get item DLC. Don't use item itself, but the first addon in which it's defined. SOme items are re-defined in mods.
//#define GETDLC	{configsourcemod _this}
#define GETDLC\
	{\
		private _dlc = "";\
		private _addons = configsourceaddonlist _this;\
		if (count _addons > 0) then {\
			private _mods = configsourcemodlist (configfile >> "CfgPatches" >> _addons select 0);\
			if (count _mods > 0) then {\
				_dlc = _mods select 0;\
			};\
		};\
		_dlc\
	}

Here's what configsourceaddonlist returns:

http://imgur.com/a/DugT7

thanks for the detailed answer. So when i don´t load the comp pbo, i don´t have this error. That´s why i thought it must be the pbo. Is there anything we can do, to find the cause of this?

edit: i saw the last bit too late, we are going to check that. Thanks

• Like 1

@Robalo I wrote a possible solution in the CBA private Slack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, commy2 said:

@Robalo I wrote a possible solution in the CBA private Slack.

Tested and worked. Fix committed. Thanks !

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Robalo said:

That's just overly redundant and incomplete at the same time compat code.

It just has the additional effect that the bwmod mags have prevalence in the order of the cfg before the hlc mags. That's what I wanted - and funnily enough I don't have the original problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, belbo said:

It just has the additional effect that the bwmod mags have prevalence in the order of the cfg before the hlc mags. That's what I wanted - and funnily enough I don't have the original problem.

To explain: there is no need to adjust any other HLC class than hlc_G36_base.

Also, you did not add HLC mags to BWMod weapons.

It's not really about what I've written. It was just to show that noone is actually depending on the provided compatibility pbo but can instead write something on their own.

That's a civilian flare launcher on a civilian semi-only AR15 not 40mm M203 tho...

• Like 3

Yea that s civilian AR-15 carbin clone with 37mm Cobray flare lanucher -  Banish Him! Banish Him! Ready the Pitchforks!

No seriously, in my oppinion there are far more utilitarian, practical and frankly needed AR-15s then this. Like proper high quality Colt Model 727/733 or Mk 18 Mod 0. BTW, The whole discussion is beside the point because as always we can all see on what projects Toadie is working on here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntyv14BqYyhabzDfBgnmEfnKlIk3exvM8WDOlU5Qv_g/edit#gid=0 and here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I6QQisIkVHq2VxbC2MgoowdC8VbIsCh4hNZsmkK61Ps/pubchart?oid=434174366&format=interactive

Regards.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Is the US Army's p320 within the scope of the sig pistol pack?

i wouldnt jump on that right now cuz well...knowing the army/DoD, some other company like Glock or Beretta(most likely) will counter argue that it wasnt fair or this or that and then lawyers get involved and we dont adopt anything or we dont adopt the 320 for like another 5 years lol

2 minutes ago, Sgt. Bagelz said:

i wouldnt jump on that right now cuz well...knowing the army/DoD, some other company like Glock or Beretta(most likely) will counter argue that it wasnt fair or this or that and then lawyers get involved and we dont adopt anything or we dont adopt the 320 for like another 5 years lol

Oh I dont doubt it :D I was just wondering if the p320 will be included in the upcoming pack or if it's too different from what is currently being worked on.

59 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

Oh I dont doubt it :D I was just wondering if the p320 will be included in the upcoming pack or if it's too different from what is currently being worked on.

Unfortunately I think it s highly unlikely, because it would require new 3d model built from scratch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

The coming SIGs are all of the "P226" family. The P320 is a Glock-like striker fired polymer pistol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

No, Too different, Some stuff might carry over, but considering I just got done UV mapping like 5 slides and 6 frames, I'm not keen to add a 7th right now

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bitesrad said:

Current plan for the pack is 9x19, .40 S&W and .357 SIG variants of the P226 & P229 (from classic to R to E2), P227, P228, and P239.

The P320 would make more sense as part of a P250 project.

• Like 1