hi toadie,

first i want to thank you for your great mods, the many improvements over the years and especially for supporting them so long! I used them since the beginning. But there is one thing that, in my opinion, wasn't improved in the last updates of your AK Pack and thats the shooting sounds. I liked the old sounds much more! The new samples sound less powerful than the old ones and there is a bit of digital disortion in it. It sounds like the sample got stretched or something, don't know how to explain it better. It sounds somehow artifical, not so natural like the old ones. Is there a chance that you will go back to the old sounds in future updates? I would love to see that! Everything else is great with your mod!

Thanks for your time and effort on the arma community!

Please state which mods you are running to help identify the issue, otherwise how can the author troubleshoot?

Previously I ran my unit's mods, but even with running CBA, I am unable to get the Mk46 in virtual arsenal. I cannot find it even inside the HLC SAW Supply Box.

hey Toadie, awesome job with the weapons man! just a question. if the SIG550 get finished and released by any chance, will it get a "Upotte" treatment like what you did to the AR-15 in your AR-15 pack?  :D

hey Toadie, awesome job with the weapons man! just a question. if the SIG550 get finished and released by any chance, will it get a "Upotte" treatment like what you did to the AR-15 in your AR-15 pack?  :D

Because I am a huge nerd, yes.

Previously I ran my unit's mods, but even with running CBA, I am unable to get the Mk46 in virtual arsenal. I cannot find it even inside the HLC SAW Supply Box.

To help me debug this (because this is a behaviour I specifically patched out) where and when did you download?

hi toadie,

first i want to thank you for your great mods, the many improvements over the years and especially for supporting them so long! I used them since the beginning. But there is one thing that, in my opinion, wasn't improved in the last updates of your AK Pack and thats the shooting sounds. I liked the old sounds much more! The new samples sound less powerful than the old ones and there is a bit of digital disortion in it. It sounds like the sample got stretched or something, don't know how to explain it better. It sounds somehow artifical, not so natural like the old ones. Is there a chance that you will go back to the old sounds in future updates? I would love to see that! Everything else is great with your mod!

Thanks for your time and effort on the arma community!

So I appreciate what you're saying ,but I've no plans to switch back. As much as they were more realistic(technically, most were on some level originally from youtube videos), they didn't play well with soundshaders, and their overall sound quality and mood was too inconsistent and was making them overtly unbalanced when around gunfire from other mods (or just stock assets)

To help me debug this (because this is a behaviour I specifically patched out) where and when did you download?

I downloaded the All in One from your twitter on 21NOV. Then downloaded the SAW Pack v1.3 a day later from ArmAholic.

Thanks for all the hard work toadie! And thank you especially for those sweet mk 46s (and 48s from the previous patch)

• Like 1

Do you run any of the optional compatibility files for RHS or ACE? When I do load them, I only see the MK48, no MK46 in the arsenal.

If anyone is wondering why you'd want to use the weapon eventhandler framework, these are two short videos I made to show the difference between with and without (feel free to use these Toadie, although they're not too great):

• Like 4

Do you run any of the optional compatibility files for RHS or ACE? When I do load them, I only see the MK48, no MK46 in the arsenal.

I was having this issue earlier until I downloaded it again after Toadie reported it was fixed. I'm not currently running the RHS comp, but I do have the CUP and ACE compatibilities in there and I have both the 46s. Try re-downloading from this link, http://toadie.updatedtuesdays.com/PubSharbse/Mods/NIArms_SAW%20V1.3.rar it resolved the issue for me.

If one of the standalone packs are updated, is the complete pack also updated with it?

Just wondering if it might be a good idea to download the complete pack again now and then to make sure it's up to date..

2 hours ago, M40 said:

If one of the standalone packs are updated, is the complete pack also updated with it?

Just wondering if it might be a good idea to download the complete pack again now and then to make sure it's up to date..

All packs are updated at the same time, or as close to the same time as possible, barring vital hot fixes. So typically there will be an announcement of an upcoming release/patch, then over the course of two days (currently) the individual packs get their updates, then the AiO gets patched. So short answer is, not really, NIA doesn't do "stealth updates", you'll get plenty of warning when an update is coming so long as you check back frequently.

• Like 2

Ty sir.

Always looking for updates to Niarms. The weapon pack i like the most. And of course i wish so many of the planned guns where in already:P

Hope they all will be evt. Keep up the good work

Hello. My group is considering this addon for their repository. Two things that we noticed:

1. The MLI variants have no cartridge ejection animation.

2. The Beta-C mag for the MG36 only has 30 rounds instead of the intended 150 rounds. Vice versa, when I equip the Beta-C mag in a regular G36, it is shown as a 30 rounds mag (it visually loads a regular mag into the rifle) but actually has 150 rounds in it.

Are these known problems?

1 hour ago, Slant_ said:

Hello. My group is considering this addon for their repository. Two things that we noticed:

2. The Beta-C mag for the MG36 only has 30 rounds instead of the intended 150 rounds. Vice versa, when I equip the Beta-C mag in a regular G36, it is shown as a 30 rounds mag (it visually loads a regular mag into the rifle) but actually has 150 rounds in it.

The MLI Toadie did as a 6.5 caseless ammo like the vanilla guns to fit in with vanilla arma and the magazine thing is a limitation on the arma engine, something about magazine proxies iirc. Someone smarter than I will provide the technical answer why shortly I'm sure

• Like 1

Really looking forward to the 226's and all that comes with them and the ACR's as well. Keep up the great work toadie.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3p0x1 said:

...the magazine thing is a limitation on the arma engine, something about magazine proxies iirc.

Essentially, the problem is that magazine proxies don't exist. The magazine originally modelled on the rifle can't be dynamically changed, therefore, although you can have a different magazine loaded (e.g. a drum mag), you'll still see the original magazine on the weapon.

In your case, it sounds like your MG36 might have had a regular 30-round mag loaded, but because the model has a drum, you see a drum. Samesame for the regular G36; you can have a drum magazine loaded, but you'll still see a 30-round mag.

At the end of the day, it's a visual issue only, but it's one of those ones that have been around since CWC. Some script wizardry can be done to provide a somewhat-solution, but in-engine support is the only way for it to truly be stomped (oh hai +1 round support would be nyce 2 bis thx).

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Slant_ said:

First one is intentional, the MLI is loaded with Arma's fictional 6.5 caseless rounds. Caseless means no ejection.

2. That's an Arma engine issue, you're stuck with whatever magazine the gun is modelled/animated with. We'd love to have Magazine proxies (along with other proxies like in engine weapon customization), but for whatever reason BI hasn't ever bothered implementing it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, war_lord said:

First one is intentional, the MLI is loaded with Arma's fictional 6.5 caseless rounds. Caseless means no ejection.

2. That's an Arma engine issue, you're stuck with whatever magazine the gun is modelled/animated with. We'd love to have Magazine proxies (along with other proxies like in engine weapon customization), but for whatever reason BI hasn't ever bothered implementing it.

Thanks to you and @3p0x1 for the explanation about the 6.5 caseless rounds and the magazine. This mag issue is highly unfortunate. It's not visual only, as the Beta-C mag for the MG36 only has 30 rounds. Regardless of the visuals, it should have the advertised 150 rounds that I pick from the arsenal. Something is messing not just with the visuals, but replaces the entire magazine with a 30 round Beta-C mag.

Are we going to see a hk416 with the ris system that CAG uses i know roudrunner has those it would be nice to see a more detailed one

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Slant_ said:

Thanks to you and @3p0x1 for the explanation about the 6.5 caseless rounds and the magazine. This mag issue is highly unfortunate. It's not visual only, as the Beta-C mag for the MG36 only has 30 rounds. Regardless of the visuals, it should have the advertised 150 rounds that I pick from the arsenal. Something is messing not just with the visuals, but replaces the entire magazine with a 30 round Beta-C mag.

Well, there is no visual issue, it's an engine limitation, there's no magazine proxy. Also, the G36 C-mag included in the pack has 100 rounds, as does the real life C Mag, I have no idea why Bohemia's magically has 150. And when you spawn the MG36A1 in the Arsenal, it's loaded with a 30 round magazine, you need to manually load a Beta C Mag from the ammo menu. That's probably something that should be changed for clarities sake, but nothing's actually broken. You're just seeing the C mag and thinking "right, this gun's loaded with a C mag, logically I now have 100 rounds" whereas the game's engine doesn't care what the gun looks like, the config says it's currently loaded with 30 rounds of EPR in a G36 magazine, so that's how many bullets you get.    

2 hours ago, Jordi.M said:

Are we going to see a hk416 with the ris system that CAG uses i know roudrunner has those it would be nice to see a more detailed one

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

That's the Geissele SMR. Yes, but not right away, I'm commissioning the 416's. Please refrain from requesting stuff, it doesn't actually change the release schedule on anything. 

21 minutes ago, war_lord said:

Well, there is no visual issue, it's an engine limitation, there's no magazine proxy. Also, the G36 C-mag included in the pack has 100 rounds, as does the real life C Mag, I have no idea why Bohemia's magically has 150. And when you spawn the MG36A1 in the Arsenal, it's loaded with a 30 round magazine, you need to manually load a Beta C Mag from the ammo menu. That's probably something that should be changed for clarities sake, but nothing's actually broken. You're just seeing the C mag and thinking "right, this gun's loaded with a C mag, logically I now have 100 rounds" whereas the game's engine doesn't care what the gun looks like, the config says it's currently loaded with 30 rounds of EPR in a G36 magazine, so that's how many bullets you get.    

Ah, goddammit. The visual limitation confused the fuck out of me, :) I never even thought of reloading a different kind of ammo. Thanks again for the explanation. It seems this mod is doing what it can about it then. And it looks like we might pick it up, so I'm happy. NIArms doing a good job at compartmentalising all the weapon families, makes it easier to supplement our Arsenal without having a ton of weapons that we already have from different mods.