Because a semi automatic rifle will be very slightly inconsistent from shot to shot, because parts of the rifle are moving (usually quite violently) before the bullet leaves the barrel, to cycle the next round.

Actually, not necessarily...

Bolt action rifles are generally more accurate when compared to auto loading one of "same era"

Modern semi-auto rifles are often more accurate than historical bolt actions,

for example Mosin-Nagant averages about 3-4MOA (some are even worse), but a modern M16A4 with M855A1 can shoot 1.5 MOA.

The question was about modern rifles, specifically sniper rifles. The Mosin-Nagant isn't a sniper rifle by design, it's bolt action because it predates reliable military semi-automatic operation. Whereas an Accuracy International or McMillan rifle is bolt action for precision reasons.

The question asked was "why are bolt action rifles more precise". That's a general question, and I gave a general answer.

• Like 3

True, I just want to point out that bolt action aren't necessary absolutely more precise, as some people mistakenly believe in. 

True, I just want to point out that bolt action aren't necessary absolutely more precise, as some people mistakenly believe in. 

And shall we get back on topic ;)

• Like 2

Saw the MG3 up on the SW, Armaholic link coming? Sorry for asking.

Also, just out of curiosity, is there any benefit to using the individual packs instead of the all-in-one?

Also, just out of curiosity, is there any benefit to using the individual packs instead of the all-in-one?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31733its been up for a while

The only advantage the All-In-One has as far as I know is simplicity. If you are going to run all the NiArms mods anyways, you just get it as one mod instead of 15.

The flip side is, because of its nature, its usually takes longer for it to get updated, and its not available on Steam Workshops because Collections basically serves the same purpose.

The all-in-one includes everything, so it's unwieldy for anyone who doesn't want everything.

• Like 2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31733its been up for a while

The only advantage the All-In-One has as far as I know is simplicity. If you are going to run all the NiArms mods anyways, you just get it as one mod instead of 15.

The flip side is, because of its nature, its usually takes longer for it to get updated, and its not available on Steam Workshops because Collections basically serves the same purpose.

*facepalm*

Thanks, sorry for my klutziness :)

Figure I may as well use the all-in-one then and keep things simple, I'd been using each individual NIArms previously and given that I use basically all the NIArms I may as well use the all-in-one.

• Like 2

Hey there lads.

Is it just me, or is there currently no way to use the G36A1s optic with NVG?
I mean, it's a simulation after all so it's totally correct that way, but without the NSA80 it's "impossible" to do fights at nighttime as there is also no way to mount IR-lasers. Would love to see a solution to this one! :)

Lovin' every NIArms-Release so far!

For reference:

nsa80.jpg

• Like 1

Can All-in-One be updated to include MG3s?

That's a pretty safe bet. There is going to be another round of updates coming up, I wouldn't be surprised to see it then.

• Like 1

Hey there lads.

Is it just me, or is there currently no way to use the G36A1s optic with NVG?

I mean, it's a simulation after all so it's totally correct that way, but without the NSA80 it's "impossible" to do fights at nighttime as there is also no way to mount IR-lasers. Would love to see a solution to this one! :)

Lovin' every NIArms-Release so far!

The NSA80 and the A2 gear for the G36 is on the voting list. The ability to mount IR lasers to the G36 will be returned with v7, it was omitted accidentally.

You're about the 5th person to ask for the NSA80, it's now on the list.

• Like 2

The NSA80 and the A2 gear for the G36 is on the voting list. The ability to mount IR lasers to the G36 will be returned with v7, it was omitted accidentally.

You're about the 5th person to ask for the NSA80, it's now on the list.

There's just was too many of us former Bundeswehr or just Bundeswehr lovers here, isn't it?

We should buy you guys a six-pack of beers for all that questions you have to answer repetitively. ;)

• Like 1

There's just was too many of us former Bundeswehr or just Bundeswehr lovers here, isn't it?

We should buy you guys a six-pack of beers for all that questions you have to answer repetitively. ;)

Talking about six-packs and repetitive answers: you can donate to Toadie via Patreon. You directly support him, I heard he uses most of that income for booze.  B)

• Like 7

I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations. maybe sometimes it's also pizza.

Anyhoos, Coming down this week is the "V7".

Absolutely knocks out the pre-game errors, and comes with some super-whack levels of code optimising and macro usage, courtesy of Robalo (he's worth at least a beer from everyone ever on his own, by the dubs) .Also in it is HiddenSelections, so those who want camo jobs on their guns can make that happen now. If anyone caught it on twitter, you know that I've already had some fun with it-

F5DB0B1177143AAE42C64DB4BCACED3EF14E9EBB

• Like 15

Too bad there are no BI units w. both shorts and boots so we can rock like it's Rhodesia  B)

• Like 3

Too bad there are no BI units w. both shorts and boots so we can rock like it's Rhodesia  B)

A lot of the older trackers and Selous scouts went completely indigenous and never wore footwear at all, I worked with an old scout, even in Iraq, he never wore footwear, his feet were solid, like steel.

• Like 5

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love the MK 46 Mod 0 that toadie has up on his twitter page. Can't wait to use that.

• Like 5

Right off the bat I can say that this pack is an absolute must, the weapons are beautiful and just a joy to play around with.

I was wondering if the XM8 rifles will be apart of this project? Sorry if its been asked already, I haven't read a lot of the thread.

Right off the bat I can say that this pack is an absolute must, the weapons are beautiful and just a joy to play around with.

I was wondering if the XM8 rifles will be apart of this project? Sorry if its been asked already, I haven't read a lot of the thread.

On the first page of the thread is the current work schedule which lists upcoming addons - https://goo.gl/pM1IFT

• Like 1

On the first page of the thread is the current work schedule which lists upcoming addons - https://goo.gl/pM1IFT

Hmm, doesn't look like it sadly, but I see some other weapons I really like so its not a loss in my book!  Thanks for the help.

Toadie, knowing you are busy, just a hint from myself pointing at your PM inbox. greetz

Toadie, knowing you are busy, just a hint from myself pointing at your PM inbox. greetz

Send it to me, I'll relay the message, it's sorta my job, as you can see.

• Like 2