Cheers toadie. I've been getting this error lately (not sure why but I suspect it's something to do with NIArms weapons) and upon opening inventory, pictures of FN FAL rifles are not shown (also AK47&74 with GP25 grenade launcher are not shown if I recall correctly). What seems to be the problem? I mean it's no big deal really, but it sometimes pop during gameplay so it can be annoying. 

E57670E1712C66D11845EE1D5A0826EDEBFCDA2A

Hi War_lord was there any decision on bipod compatibility for the awc-m?  

Spoke to toadie for you, not planned unless there's a big demand for it.

In that case I'd like to throw my support in for bipod support on the suppressed AWMs. Honestly, I always thought it was kinda weird they didn't have bipod support in the first place. Any specific reason for that decision?

• Like 1

In that case I'd like to throw my support in for bipod support on the suppressed AWMs. Honestly, I always thought it was kinda weird they didn't have bipod support in the first place. Any specific reason for that decision?

The idea is that it's meant to be a limited production weapon designed for a PSC, with the implication being that it's intended to be an urban assassination "briefcase rifle". In real life there's no such rifle. The real life AWC only comes in 7.62x51mm, there's no integrally suppressed AWM (would be wildly impractical). In reality the main reason it doesn't have a bipod is probably that it was originally conceived for a now mothballed Half Life mod Toadie was working on circa 2009 called "For Hire", and Half Life doesn't do Bipods.  

• Like 1

The idea is that it's meant to be a limited production weapon designed for a PSC, with the implication being that it's intended to be an urban assassination "briefcase rifle". In real life there's no such rifle. The real life AWC only comes in 7.62x51mm, there's no integrally suppressed AWM (would be wildly impractical). In reality the main reason it doesn't have a bipod is that it was originally conceived for a now mothballed Half Life mod Toadie was working on circa 2009 called "For Hire", and Half Life doesn't do Bipods.  

I see, that explains it. Still, I'd love to see it receive bipod support but no biggie if not.

Guys, it may be just me, but is the MG3's rate of fire somewhat ... low? Having shot the MG3 2 weeks ago the last time, it doesnt quite feel like the 1200s/min i'm used to. ;)
But otherwise...it might just be me.

• Like 1

The MG3/42's are superb. High quality work all around and a joy to play with.

I've noticed a small error with deploying the bipod when prone, it causes the character to levitate off the floor. Not anything major, just something to look into for the next release.

Thanks a bunch for the new MG3 release, now if you'll excuse me...

• Like 2

Hello, I just saw you will be working on the HK416 and HK417. Will this include the G27, G28 and G38?

• Like 1

Guys, it may be just me, but is the MG3's rate of fire somewhat ... low? Having shot the MG3 2 weeks ago the last time, it doesnt quite feel like the 1200s/min i'm used to. ;)

In the configs the reload time is set like this:  reloadTime=0.066670001;

That is not the time it takes to relaod the gun but the time between shots in seconds. For example, 750rpm: 60/750 = 0.08 seconds between shots. 

With that knowledge you can calculate the this releases rate of fire:   60 / 0.066670001 = 889.955 rpm

Toadie told me the before release so I had time to prepare the to change it up:

I use: reloadTime=0.050000001 = 1199 ,99976 RPM

And on the KWS I did add the possibility to change the RPM as rheinmetall-defence is advertising on their page.

But be warned! Apparently ACE3 hearing protection can be overcome by those rates of fire.  

Its also ~ 3 Kilos lighter than its real world counter part.

PS.: Toadie did my previsous bug report did reach you in time?

Peace

OneTwo

• Like 1

Hello, I just saw you will be working on the HK416 and HK417. Will this include the G27, G28 and G38?

Yes to the G28, it's a distinct rifle based on the civilian MR308. The G27 and G38 are the German military/police designations for the HK417A2 (which failed the German DMR trials) and HK416A5 respectively. I don't know if Toadie wants to get into doing engravings for every national version of the HK416.  

I was given the impression that the rate-reducing bolts were more or less standard on MG3s at this point (something something extending barrel life), shows me to believe what I'm told. It's still around the 950-ish mark, which is definitely faster than most other MGs though, so it's not like you're missing much saturation.

Toadie told me the before release so I had time to prepare the to change it up:

But be warned! Apparently ACE3 hearing protection can be overcome by those rates of fire.

Its also ~ 3 Kilos lighter than its real world counter part.

PS.: Toadie did my previsous bug report did reach you in time?

Peace

OneTwo

The weight thing, that's comes down to BI's mass value not being any standardised unit, so that value varies wildly depending on who's maths you use. I'll tweak it a bit for you if that sets your mind at ease (same goes with adding KWS selectors, both will come in an incremental). Yes I did get your report ;)

The MG3/42's are superb. High quality work all around and a joy to play with.

I've noticed a small error with deploying the bipod when prone, it causes the character to levitate off the floor. Not anything major, just something to look into for the next release.

Yeah, that's down to the bipod legs- They're longer than what arma predicts are "reasonable" for the character stance. The fix is negate the MG's height advantage while prone(clip some of the bipod into the ground), I prefer the slight bug over that TBH.

Edited by toadie2k

The weight thing, that's comes down to BI's mass value not being any standardised unit, so that value varies wildly depending on who's maths you use. I'll tweak it a bit for you if that sets your mind at ease (same goes with adding KWS selectors, both will come in an incremental). Yes I did get your report ;).

You mean to tell me that BI STILL has not standardized their weights? There goes my other project........

You mean to tell me that BI STILL has not standardized their weights? There goes my other project........

Anyone else having "Error: creating weapon UGL_F with scope=private" in the main menu after starting the game with the MG3s and RHS?

• Like 3

Hello, Toadie2k! Thanks for the fantastic addon!

Can you tell me, please, what are the names for the lootspawn of your last MG's addon? For example like these:

"hlc_rifle_akm",

"hlc_rifle_rpk",

"hlc_rifle_bcmjack",

"hlc_rifle_Bushmaster300",

"hlc_rifle_falosw"

Thanks for your answer! Cheers!

Anyone else having "Error: creating weapon UGL_F with scope=private" in the main menu after starting the game with the MG3s and RHS?

Nope dont have this error

Just FYI, you can find these in game, using config viewer, under CfgWeapons :)

Yes to the G28, it's a distinct rifle based on the civilian MR308. The G27 and G38 are the German military/police designations for the HK417A2 (which failed the German DMR trials) and HK416A5 respectively. I don't know if Toadie wants to get into doing engravings for every national version of the HK416.  

I understand. I'd still love to see the G38 as the Bundeswehr is most likely going to replace the G36 with it. But like you said, it all depends on Toadie.

Also another reason I am asking specifically about the the G28 and G38 rifles is that it they are slightly different to their standard versions. As an example they have curved trigger guards instead of flat ones so they can be easily used with gloves.

• Like 1

Also another reason I am asking specifically about the the G28 and G38 rifles is that it they are slightly different to their standard versions. As an example they have curved trigger guards instead of flat ones so they can be easily used with gloves.

All of HK's new gen 416/417's (the A5 and A2) have that new trigger guard. I can pretty confidently state based on the images I've seen, that the G38 and G38C are just black HK416A5's with "G38" markings instead of "HK416 A5" markings. For comparison:

G38 image found online:

Heckler-Koch-416-G38.png?resize=600x

HK416A5 image found online:

14f44aa166815ad859b95861316bdbe1.jpg

• Like 1

All of HK's new gen 416/417's (the A5 and A2) have that new trigger guard. I can pretty confidently state based on the images I've seen, that the G38 and G38C are just black HK416A5's with "G38" markings instead of "HK416 A5" markings.

Well, you are the experts not me  :D

Any plans for standalone MK46 & MK48 in future? 

MK48 mod. 0 and 1 are part of the SAW pack.

• Like 1

MK48 mod. 0 and 1 are part of the SAW pack.

I know that sir. But MK48 need M60 mod also as dependency.