Awesome to hear that it's coming! I can't imagine having to go through all those configs is fun!

@War_lord thanks for being a PR guy. Not always fun dealing with self entitlement.

• Like 2

At $800 a month Toadie could work on NIA full time

I don't know anybody who could afford to work fulltime off of $800/month. That's less than 2 weeks of minimum wage, here. Just sayin...

• Like 4

Is that Canadian Dollars you're thinking in? That's Toadie's figure, I don't know anything about his life circumstances in order to comment any further then that, I'm just taking his at his word. Here's the quote in case I'm misunderstanding something:

I've set myself a sort of mental goal that I'd like to meet in terms of funding level and monthly content output for 2016. Thanks to the staggering approach I've now got going for development, I've now got two items on the go at any one time, in an effort to bring down gap time. With this staggered approach I'm kind starting to scrape into the Full-part-time-job sort of time sink per week, and maybe I should put a bit more aspiration into "selling" Patreon. The rough maths says that around the 650-700/month I could consider it a living wage. I'm not sure if it'll ever reach that, but if it means I don't have to do overnight shifts at a service station AND get to call doing nerdy things for Arma3 a job, hell, I'll give it a shot.

Gah, looks like next is going to be the FN SCARs instead of the SMLEs. Not that I have a problem with SCARs (I don't; in fact, I love them), but they seem to be the less interesting pack of the two - the only real intricacy that they have to offer is the MK16/MK17 common receiver. Cool nonetheless, but IMO less than what the Enfield pack would have, which is more distinct guns and variants.

SCARs have the MK16, MK17, and MK20 + maybe the MK16 PDW and HAMR IAR if those count as separate to the MK16 (and are planned.) Meanwhile, the LE pack is already confirmed to have the No.1, No.4, and No.5 rifles, as well as the Ishapore 7.62 conversions, and the De Lisle and L42. Add in the No.1 & No.4 sniper variants, and maybe even the sawn-off trench raider SMLE and Howell Automatic Rifle and you've got quite the pack.

That just seems more interesting, in my opinion. Especially considering that two other modern-ish AR packs; the ACRs and SIG 550s, are already going to happen first. Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

• Like 2

Honestly, I prefer 21st century guns, because it's something I'm actually going to end up using. Rather that then a bunch of Lee-Enfields that look great, but I'm never going to do anything practical with them. Not sure whats up with the poll though, people seem to vote somewhat erratically. 

• Like 5

Gah, looks like next is going to be the FN SCARs instead of the SMLEs. Not that I have a problem with SCARs (I don't; in fact, I love them), but they seem to be the less interesting pack of the two - the only real intricacy that they have to offer is the MK16/MK17 common receiver. Cool nonetheless, but IMO less than what the Enfield pack would have, which is more distinct guns and variants.

SCARs have the MK16, MK17, and MK20 + maybe the MK16 PDW and HAMR IAR if those count as separate to the MK16 (and are planned.) Meanwhile, the LE pack is already confirmed to have the No.1, No.4, and No.5 rifles, as well as the Ishapore 7.62 conversions, and the De Lisle and L42. Add in the No.1 & No.4 sniper variants, and maybe even the sawn-off trench raider SMLE and Howell Automatic Rifle and you've got quite the pack.

That just seems more interesting, in my opinion. Especially considering that two other modern-ish AR packs; the ACRs and SIG 550s, are already going to happen first. Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Personally, I've been waiting for a decent set of SCARs in Arma 3 since the beginning.

• Like 7

Is that Canadian Dollars you're thinking in? That's Toadie's figure, I don't know anything about his life circumstances in order to comment any further then that, I'm just taking his at his word. Here's the quote in case I'm misunderstanding something:

Yeah Canadian dollars, but Toadie is in australia right? Their currency is close to ours in the international market and actually, their minimum wage is higher than ours.

Maybe he meant he could work on it full time within his free time?

Maybe everything is super cheap in Australia (but I doubt it). Even a 1 bedroom apartment costs over $800/mo here and I'm not even in a major city.

Oohhhh, De Lisle...

NOLF intensifies

As someone who's dying to see what Toadie can do with shotguns I understand your position, but remember that the mg42 is already something very different from a 'generic' assault rifle, so in that regard he's certainly keeping a balance between the modern stuff and the more exotic weapon systems. Plus, there's that sig pistol that war_lord commisioned which is in the works.

Personally, I've been waiting for a decent set of SCARs in Arma 3 since the beginning.

That's true: most of the packs out there are ports of the ones from ArmA 2, and the ones that aren't lack the variety or intricacy that Toadie usually brings to the table. The common receiver is something I've wanted to see for quite a while, and Toadie has the AUGs to use as a basis for weapon conversion. The same can be said for the interchangeable barrel lengths. And there's no arguing that it's absolutely perfect for ArmA 3's setting.

Oohhhh, De Lisle...

NOLF intensifies

As someone who's dying to see what Toadie can do with shotguns I understand your position, but remember that the mg42 is already something very different from a 'generic' assault rifle, so in that regard he's certainly keeping a balance between the modern stuff and the more exotic weapon systems. Plus, there's that sig pistol that war_lord commisioned which is in the works.

Lucky for you, the Browning Auto-5 is making quite a bit of steam. And I imagine the Winchester 1897 and (especially) the M870 will be close to the top in a few cycles. There are a metric fuckton of guns on the list I'd probably rather see before both the SCARs and Enfields; the only reason I brought it up is because those are currently the two competing for guaranteed work after the SIG 550s. It also might go hand in hand with him finishing the Springfield pack (the A3/A4 + others) just because they're bolt actions from a similar era. I appreciate the way he chooses to balance things out quite a lot.

And at the end of the day, he did go with a voting system for a reason. The people who are voting (and commissioning) are paying him to do that, so I respect the democracy if SCARs are what the majority of people want.

Honestly, I prefer 21st century guns, because it's something I'm actually going to end up using. Rather that then a bunch of Lee-Enfields that look great, but I'm never going to do anything practical with them. Not sure whats up with the poll though, people seem to vote somewhat erratically. 

A fair point. For typical ArmA 3 gameplay the SCAR makes the most sense. Unless someone plans on making a Canadian Mountie mod, the Lee-Enfields only make sense for militia in a present day setting. I personally love historical mods, and also like open-world survival gameplay in singleplayer like Ravage. For those cases, a larger number of common civilian weapons plus some unusual rare finds (a sawed-off Lee-Enfield is somewhat believable in a post-apoc setting) work better. So really it just boils down to what people plan to do with the weapons, and it makes sense that most people would want the SCARs in that case.

And on an unrelated note, "pack redesigns" should really be put on the list, too. Things like the G3s, FALs, M60s, ARs, MP5s, and AUG A3 that aren't Toadie's models and therefore cannot be sourced or used in other mods. Just because they could actually be filled out with their proper weapon variants (older G3s, mil-spec AR-15s, a full set of HK33s, etc) and the quality would be consistent (the M60 and M60E4 look quite out of place with ArmA 3's shaders.)

• Like 4

I would have to same i am the opposite, it would be nice to have some high quality WW2 era weapons. Would make a chance from the all 21st century guns ;)

I'm totally in for the SCAR family. Not one single mod out there has the correct MK-17 magazine. Plus if toadie does the MK-17 conversion kit for the 16 that would be totally new in Arma history as well. Same with the MK-20 SSR.

I mean, if you want WW2 weaponry then make a mod specifically along those lines. Imho one or two WW2 weapons really only have a symbolic or niche place in ArmA 3 unless you have the terrain, vehicles, units to make it complete, ie a total conversion.

I think toadie's 1903 Springfield is gorgeous, do I use it, no. It just doesn't have a place in my Arma 3 arsenal. I do respect everyone who's wants one version or another to get made however. Hope you get that or some other weapon that will satiate your desires for an antique. :P

Can't wait for the MG-3's however. That MG-42 looks mighty fine as well.

• Like 6

I'm for anything that toadie makes. I can find use for anything. M1903? Insurgent weapon and Vietnam sniper rifle. SIG 510? Issued to reservists of obscure (fictional) European military. AUG? Aussies and obscure European military standard rifle. G36E? Standard issue for (African/Asian country) as part of a comprehensive 90's modernization project. MG 42 and derivatives? Well, it's lighter than a comparable MAG and way more badass :)

And of course the P226 is used by a large number of police and special forces units, and the P320 seems to be a shoe-in for the XM17 Modular Handgun System by being the only submitted weapon that actually meets the requirements of being... modular

What's funny about the M1903 Springfield is that it was commissioned (by the same person who commissioned the Minigun) for the sole purpose of being pretty in cutscenes. 

• Like 1

I'm for anything that toadie makes. I can find use for anything. M1903? Insurgent weapon and Vietnam sniper rifle. SIG 510? Issued to reservists of obscure (fictional) European military. AUG? Aussies and obscure European military standard rifle. G36E? Standard issue for (African/Asian country) as part of a comprehensive 90's modernization project. MG 42 and derivatives? Well, it's lighter than a comparable MAG and way more badass :)And of course the P226 is used by a large number of police and special forces units, and the P320 seems to be a shoe-in for the XM17 Modular Handgun System by being the only submitted weapon that actually meets the requirements of being... modular

I never thought to use the M1903 as an insurgent weapon. Thanks for the idea man.

What's funny about the M1903 Springfield is that it was commissioned (by the same person who commissioned the Minigun) for the sole purpose of being pretty in cutscenes. 

lol, that's too funny. I'll shell out some dough and see if I can get the ArmA 3 starter pistol remade for screenshots.

The springfield is a beautiful addition to Arma's arsenal, if only for the Mauser bolt action animation which can be used for a shitload of rifles (and already is in a couple of mods). Due to its uniqueness it's one of my favorite NIA weapons. 

• Like 2

The only issue I have with short notice commissions like the ones Frankie often does is that it leaves out additional variants - as it stands there appears to be no plans for the A3 or A4 Springfield, and the Minigun would've been a cool static weapon.

lol, that's too funny. I'll shell out some dough and see if I can get the ArmA 3 starter pistol remade for screenshots.

That'd be worthwhile if not for anything but to have a Taurus Judge pack. A revolver firing .410 shotgun shells (or even .45 LC - anything more powerful than the .45 ACP in the vanilla Chiappa Rhino*?) Count me in.

*And, funny enough, the Chiappa Rhino isn't even produced in .45 ACP. It does have a 9x21mm version, but the fact that a caliber specifically developed for non-military customers who were not legally allowed to purchase the 9x19mm Luger round is ArmA III's standard pistol cartridge is strange enough.

The only issue I have with short notice commissions like the ones Frankie often does is that it leaves out additional variants - as it stands there appears to be no plans for the A3 or A4 Springfield, and the Minigun would've been a cool static weapon.

That'd be worthwhile if not for anything but to have a Taurus Judge pack. A revolver firing .410 shotgun shells (or even .45 LC - anything more powerful than the .45 ACP in the vanilla Chiappa Rhino*?) Count me in.

*And, funny enough, the Chiappa Rhino isn't even produced in .45 ACP. It does have a 9x21mm version, but the fact that a caliber specifically developed for non-military customers who were not legally allowed to purchase the 9x19mm Luger round is ArmA III's standard pistol cartridge is strange enough.

Funny you mention the Minigun,RHS has my sources, and there's not a whole lot of fanagling or extra gear that needs to be added on top to make it a Crew-served weapon( Proper M134D/G Spadegrips and control box are the biggest ones IIRC), so that's still definitely on the cards somewhere, and the 1903A3 and A4s are weapons I'll get around to actually doing (considering how few things actually need to be built for them) eventually.... probably in some downperiod between now and october.

• Like 5

I apologise in advance and i might get flamed for this but i can´t figure out what to do with the OPTIONAL folder/files and i didn´t find anything about them in the readme. If i´m using CUP weapons,do i take the optional files out of that folder,throw them in the @NIArsenal folder and everything is good?

I apologise in advance and i might get flamed for this but i can´t figure out what to do with the OPTIONAL folder/files and i didn´t find anything about them in the readme. If i´m using CUP weapons,do i take the optional files out of that folder,throw them in the @NIArsenal folder and everything is good?

If I'm understanding correctly yes. This should allow the use of cross mod ammo.

• Like 3

Hello, Is it possible to add the RIS rails to the 13.5 inch Minimi variant with para stock?
The Netherlands uses that and would love to use it.

MINIMI%204.jpg

I'll ask Toadie if that's something that can be done while he's reworking other SAW stuff.

• Like 1

speaking of reworking other stuff is there going to be animated UGL reload animations in the next release?