Caught your posts to the bug tracker. Appreciate it.

It's a Share Alike licence, so if you absolutely need to have a fix right now... you're free to make and distribute a hot fix.  Niarms is a one Toadie operation, he can't be patching everything and making new content at the same time. He's not Dr. Manhattan.

I do try to be though, usually to my own detriment. That being said, if anyone is interested in helping speed up the patching process, drop me, or War_lord, a PM. I'm all open to offers to help clean up my mom's spaghetti.

Content tho? Few days old, but bare with me.

http://i.imgur.com/2e4bkA4.png

http://i.imgur.com/7z4A0xB.png

Hi-poly is done. Currently Baking.

• Like 8

you tell me

I think the way arma is set up to make a the weapons bang on shooting it is not possible to propperly make the MG3 sound like it real world counterpart. 

On shorter and longer burts the mg3 sounds like ripping cloth in two, only on the last or even Single shots (yes that is possible) you can hear a distingtive bang.

So on bursts its:   pffrrrrrrrrrrt pffrrrrrrrrt pffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt 

On your current version you can hear bangs  inbetween the burts, but then it is only a game and will work fine the way it is I think.

• Like 1

Actually I got some triggertime behind the MG3, about 10K Rounds while I was active and now every coupple of months on reseve shooting days.

So what the shooter hears is different, but as I said its fine for the game.

Not a lot of ppl will care if it is not 100% , cause having a NIArms quality MG3 is allready the best.

• Like 3

The Blood God will be pleased with the sound of this sacrifice-machine

• Like 3

Great work! I love the Saiga.

Dont know if is the correct site to ask, but I think that a "Shotgun pack" will be wellcome as they are missing from the vanilla game and there aren't any decent mod.

PD: Taking the type 115 as start point, an M4 with a "Master key" would be awesome too.

• Like 1

Great work! I love the Saiga.

Dont know if is the correct site to ask, but I think that a "Shotgun pack" will be wellcome as they are missing from the vanilla game and there aren't any decent mod.

PD: Taking the type 115 as start point, an M4 with a "Master key" would be awesome too.

Shotguns are planned and will be done, eventually - the Browning Auto-5 is pretty high up on the work list, as is the Winchester 1897/1912.

A masterkey is doable but probably will not happen until the AR-15s are redone from scratch.

• Like 1

I search "NIArms - Complete Pack" on PlayWithSix for my team, and impossible to find. why?

Sorry for my bad english.

I search "NIArms - Complete Pack" on PlayWithSix for my team, and impossible to find. why?

Sorry for my bad english.

There is a link to it on the first page. I don't believe it's available anywhere else..

There'd be no point in having an all in one pack on PWS. Since play with already manages your command line it would just be redundant.

Could NIArms - Complete Pack be published on Steam?

No. You can read here and in the previous posts why.

• Like 4

Hi toadie2k,

I don't read the entire thread, so I just come to report an issue.

The issue has for object to don't display the inventory icons for some weapons.

The HLC AR15 and HLC AK packs have some weapons with this issue.

Until here, I don't already check for other packs if some weapons have the same issue.

The weapons classnames :

AR15 :

hlc_rifle_M4
hlc_rifle_m4m203

AK :

hlc_rifle_aek971worn
hlc_rifle_aek971
hlc_rifle_akm
hlc_rifle_akmgl
hlc_rifle_rpk

Visibly, there is no problem in the configuration files, the lines are correct, and the files are in the folder. While replacing the original line with another one that belongs to a weapon that don't have the issue, the inventory image is correctly shown.

For example, the AEK-971 don't show the image and display this error message while opening inventory : Picture \hlc_wp_ak\tex\ui\gear_x_ca not found

But while replacing the picture line with the inventory image for the AK-12 for example, so a weapon not concerned by the issue, all is well and when opening the inventory while holding the AEK-971 displays the AK-12 inventory image.

That's why I can say that there is no problem with the configuration file.

I explore the image from the AEK-971 and the AK-12 (for example) and it seems that there is no differences between the two of them, in TexView and in GIMP after converting into PAA file.

I don't really know what can cause this problem. If you have some time to check that, that can be really nice.

And I'd like to know if you want some help to make the APEX fix with the ItemInfo since the APEX update, that's since a long time we wait for and I suppose you are alone to do this, even if some members shown a "NIArms member" signature, and it seems you're not really helped with the mod. So, if you searching somebody to help, don't hesitate.

Thanks, and good continuation !

And I'd like to know if you want some help to make the APEX fix with the ItemInfo since the APEX update, that's since a long time we wait for and I suppose you are alone to do this, even if some members shown a "NIArms member" signature, and it seems you're not really helped with the mod. So, if you searching somebody to help, don't hesitate.

Thanks, and good continuation !

Actually, aside from Toadie there's two other talented people working on the configs, but that doesn't equal the 24 hour turnaround on patches you seem to be expecting. If you're actually offering to work on the configs, don't hesitate to PM us (to me and Toadie), and Toadie can give you access to the github. That way you could actually do something to help the mod, rather then spending your time throwing cheap shots at me because you don't understand what my role is. Toadie does not have the time to read every post, and every PM, with the result that if you're a person looking to contact Toadie for say, a commission, he's rather difficult to get a hold of in a timely fashion. So that's what I do, I make sure that anything Toadie needs to respond to right away gets brought to his attention and I also help with getting commission requests in order, a process that used to leave someone waiting for like a month. If you personally don't think that role is helping, that's your prerogative, but I'd ask you to keep that opinion to yourself, since I wouldn't have been allowed to take up the job if Toadie didn't think it would help.   

EDIT: Message from our Lord and Saviour

between YoursTruly(works on ACE), Robalo and myself, we've got the ItemInfo sorted, plus a few other miscelaneous things fixed. If I get the okay from those two that they've got nothing major they absolutely want to throw in, I'll start packing for releases. ETA next week-ish... MG3s week after

• Like 1

Here is my feedback to how this forum topic is sadly being handeld right now: 

EDIT: Message from our Lord and Saviour

between YoursTruly(works on ACE), Robalo and myself, we've got the ItemInfo sorted, plus a few other miscelaneous things fixed. If I get the okay from those two that they've got nothing major they absolutely want to throw in, I'll start packing for releases. ETA next week-ish... MG3s week after

You need to decide if your toadies personal  watchdog or the PR guy of the project, I am thinking the first otherwise that news from "Lord and Saviour" (wich might be toadie I guess) would have been a focus not a side note...  lots if people have been asking for that info.

Your current attitude is the reason I rather check his twitter then this thread cause all you do is bark at people with the bottomline "go do it yourself" and I think you are the reason a lot of people don't post here more than once.

I formyself did fix the G36 ItemInfo but offering it here would mean dealing with your arrogance wich I dont fell like...

So I think your not helping here, if you keep doing it like that its dammaging to the project. All you're getting done is impeding feeback and pissing people of to not give any further.

But I guess your gonne tell me to keep my prerogative to myself, cause that what a good watchdog PR guy does

• Like 3

You really don't get sarcasm do you? Throwing unneeded shade at people isn't feedback, getting narky because config fixes are taking longer then you'd like isn't feedback. Quite frankly, if you think getting catty because the patch isn't coming fast enough is feedback, your feedback isn't desired. Obviously, you're confusing my role here with corporate PR. It's not my job to be polite to people who choose not to be polite themselves, my job is to get important information from creator (Toadie) to the forum goers and vice versa, beyond that, I am my own man. And that announcement was not a "side note" it was an edit, as I actually did my job and got an answer to a question asked in the thread, answer being that the fixes are coming next week. Obviously, if we had more people working on fixes, those fixes would arrive earlier. When I say "do it yourself" I'm not saying it to belittle anyone, I'm saying it because otherwise you're going to be waiting on the patch.

As for what I do for the mod, I'm not a modder so I help in another way. I'm a patreon, if we had more people doing that, Toadie could do this full time. I like to think that's contributing.

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm agreed with onetwo9th.

And i've never ever asked for a fast update, maybe you should understand what I write, not to interpret it. Interpretation leads to misunderstanding.

If you read again, I just say that this update take time to come, and like one of the "NIArms PR Guy" already said it, Toadie works alone on the files. I don't really see the advantages to be in a team if you are just reporting things. Maybe help him with the files can be better, and not for those who waiting for the update, but for Toadie himself. he don't have any obligation for anybody, he makes the work when he want and when he can, but helping him can be better than giving answer with elements that have never been said.

Again, I've never said that I've waiting for a (to use your own words) "the 24 hour turnaround on patches you seem to be expecting", I just said that some members that using a NIArms signature should stop to just do like onetwo9th said and help Toadie.

And where am I being not polite ? I report the facts, that's all.

But like always, speaking about things here is really useless since the community has really change, and not always in the good way.

Good continuation.

First off "Good continuation", doesn't actually mean anything in English, thought you should know. It's a bit difficult to understand what you intend to say when your English is frequently ropey.

Secondly, Toadie has had assistance with the configs for the past month/month and a half, from people who know what they're doing with configs, I'm not one of those people, I help in other ways. You're poorly placed to comment on my usefulness, because you've nothing to do with the project, you're not even a Patreon contributor are you? (https://www.patreon.com/toadie2k/posts) Financial support is much better then complaining about me not doing configs, because it allows Toadie more time to work on those himself.   

The fix for the ItemInfo bug is coming in the patch due to be released next week. The MG's are coming the week after, they're what has been delaying everything else, including the SIG226's I paid for.       

• Like 1

@all this a polite request to stay on topic and within the rules of this forum. Any further flame-baiting comments will be dealt with accordingly and may occur forum penalties  :ph34r:

• Like 2

While I'm on the subject of the Patreon. At $800 a month Toadie could work on NIA full time, so if you (meaning the reader) use the mods a lot, I would urge you to consider sacrificing your 1 bux, 5 bux, 10 bux or whatever amount of bux your situation allows to help Toadie crank out more beautiful guns.

• Like 1

Echoing Roadkill's comments,yeah, calm the fuck down everyone. War_lord is my PR guy because a) I'm admittedly BAD at it, despite best efforts, especially in regards to response times and B) he offered upfront. If I'd had competing offers there might have been some sort of been some raffle, or straw-lottery or something, but as it is there was none, so War_lord is it. Not everyone has to be coders or artists to be helpful, and War_lord has been immensely, as having a a set of eyes dedicated to responding to comments and PMs has freed up hours of extra time I can spend on something like this-

491A513EECA3662BBBAC1FA0BFF6EC475C2A897E

..while also keeping  PLETHORA of back-content up to date (and even then only with some extra help). Please stop complaining about him, he's here to get you answers in an expedient manner where you'd be otherwise waiting weeks, so is as much for your benefit as he is mine.

In any case, to actually reiterate what War_lord said on the last page, providing YoursTruly or Robalo (sincerely appreciate your guys work) don't have any major commits they want to add in the next week or so, I'm looking to push out patches that are mostly just to address the Apex config bugs next week.

And there'll be MGs following after that so quit your bitching.

• Like 11