While there are lots of interesting variants of the M1911, some of which are even still in use today (MEU SOC and M45 come to mind) Delta has been known for being a very strong proponent of both the .45 ACP catridge and the M1911 specifically.

Not sure where you're getting that information, but it's years out of date. Delta Force officially dropped the M1911A1 years ago for the Glock in 40 S&W, which they then dropped for the Glock in 9mm for two reasons. The first was that 40. S&W is a pain in the ass to get in theater, because it had to be special ordered for the Delta teams. The second reason is the same one that caused the FBI to walk away from 40. S&W, it was causing excessive wear, meaning that weapons were failing after relatively low round counts, combine that with the amount of live rounds Delta goes through in practice alone, and you had a lot of pistols out of action permanently before they even got to the sandbox. Edit: Although thinking about it, explanation one makes a whole lot more sense to me then explanation two.

M1911's are infamously fussy weapons, even guys who work exclusively on them will tell you that they require constant maintenance, constant maintenance is expensive. Do you know what else is expensive? When a gun has to be rebuilt twice after the initial manufacturing.   Lexington-Blue Grass Army Depot would rebuild the gun and send them out to the Delta units. And then Delta unit armorers would end up further customizing every gun to the user's specifications anyway. To put it simply, fielding M1911A1's was eating up way too much of the budget for no tangible benefit.

The problem is that the M1911 design has a lot of legend and symbolism attached to it, and some people like to forget that a gun is just a tool and that ultimately utility trumps form. I'm not saying people can't have a hard-on for the M1911, you like what you like. But you can like a gun and still admit that it's not practical in a military sense.  

• Like 2

Shall we get back on topic ;)

Bloody incredible, I'm loving it all. The improvements are top notch! What else do you have in mind, or is that a secret?  :P

Will there be compatibility updates with they new AK's in Apex?

• Like 2

Hello Toadie,
I have found "a bug" regarding legacy pack of rifles, namely there is an error in AR weapon pack. To be precise classname of Honeybadger rifle in .300 Blackout and its suppressor is wrong (I've tested this in editor):

hlc_rifle_honeybase - AAC 'Honey-Badger',Sans Suppressor - this definitely isnt correct classname for a suppressor, because all others have hlc_muzzle_(name of the suppressor). I've tried spawning it with: "hlc_muzzle_honeybase" but it doesnt work either.

Rifle classname hlc_rifle_honeybadger - AAC 'Honey-Badger' is OK I believe but you might want to check it out just to be sure.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

I answered it last page, but yes. As to other changes, mostly it's recalibrating zeroing and fixing inheritence, but there's a few extra surprises.

EDIt- San-suppressor means without suppressor. HLC_Rifle_honeybase is the badger without the muzzle.

• Like 1

Hey Toadie/Warlord, has there been any news on the fix for the Minimi's crashing the game/floating ammo belts?

I think it was the old topic I reported it on.

• Like 1

Don't suppose you reported it to the bug tracker?

Was there a bug tracker like 2-3 months ago? If so I apologise as I was unaware.

I'm not giving out, I'm just saying that Toadie doesn't actually have the time to read every post (which is what I now do), so if you reported it in the old thread, it could easily have been missed. 

Hey Toadie/Warlord, has there been any news on the fix for the Minimi's crashing the game/floating ammo belts?

I think it was the old topic I reported it on.

I remember having this problem but it was a while back when everything was re-branded to NIArms. It went away and I thought nothing of it but I can remember someone on here saying it was related to CUP, which uses an older version of Toadie's Minimi / M249. I think that if CUP was earlier in the launch order you could run into it if running both NIArms and CUP together.

I remember having this problem but it was a while back when everything was re-branded to NIArms. It went away and I thought nothing of it but I can remember someone on here saying it was related to CUP, which uses an older version of Toadie's Minimi / M249. I think that if CUP was earlier in the launch order you could run into it if running both NIArms and CUP together.

Also happens with RHS as well. It only affects the 5.56 LMG variants.

I did see your post in the old thread, and I am aware of it. Originally, It seemed like it was CUP or RHS messing with it, but I've tested with both, not them. Frankly, just testing it standalone, I can't replicate it. I know what does that usually does it though, so there's a fix for that coming to be sure.

• Like 6

I answered it last page, but yes. As to other changes, mostly it's recalibrating zeroing and fixing inheritence, but there's a few extra surprises.

EDIt- San-suppressor means without suppressor. HLC_Rifle_honeybase is the badger without the muzzle.

A rifle comes without suppressor no matter which classname I used:

hlc_rifle_honeybadger (which should come with integrated sound suppressor, I assume)

or

hlc_rifle_honeybase (which is without suppressor by default)

So I dont understand what's the point in having the same weapon (i.e. without suppressor) spawned with 2 different classnames?

Additionally, aiming down the sight does not engage back sight i.e. the peep-hole. Increasing zeroing 200-500m doesnt change the sight.

our group were looking through this pack last night - I would like to pass on their (and my) congratulations. You have created the most amazing weapons pack ever released for the Arma series.

The models are perfect, the model animations are superb and the reload animations are of the highest quality.

Well done to you and your team!

I hope we can learn from you while developing the weapons in the unsung mod. You have taken the game to a whole new level.

• Like 3

This is really a minor thing, but recently I made the switch to using the steam workshop version of your weapons and I noticed the little icon in the virtual arsenal changed to white. I really liked the NIarms logo with the little yellow highlight in it. It made it far easier to spot your weapons my gigantic mod list. Any chance to see it return?

Hey all, I've encountered an error that I have pinpointed to this mod that's been happening ever since the Apex / 1.62 update.

The error pops up on the main menu when loading the game and reads:

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Iteminfo.scope'."

I have every mod disabled except for CBA_A3, NIArms Core, and a NIArms weapons mod. All mods are downloaded through the steam workshop so they should be up-to-date.

our group were looking through this pack last night - I would like to pass on their (and my) congratulations. You have created the most amazing weapons pack ever released for the Arma series.

The models are perfect, the model animations are superb and the reload animations are of the highest quality.

Well done to you and your team!

I hope we can learn from you while developing the weapons in the unsung mod. You have taken the game to a whole new level.

You can even use the upcoming MG42 in Unsung, considering it'll be open source.

Absolutely love your work. The FAL's have come in handy in recreating some Bushwars scenarios for my unit.

I hope you one day consider adding the CETME rifles, the CETME model B in particular is beautiful rifle.

error ever since the Apex / 1.62 update.

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Iteminfo.scope'."

we have this also in unsung mod. it is caused by BI changing the base inheritances in the weapons

this is why we are releasing our next update early, as Apex broke a lot of small things, causing popups.

• Like 3

Is there a fix for the new cfgweapons classes in the works? 

Is there a fix for the new cfgweapons classes in the works? 

Id imagine there would be, but please appreciate addon making takes time. After all it is a hobby, an update will certainly come out when its ready and not before. 

It's a Share Alike licence, so if you absolutely need to have a fix right now... you're free to make and distribute a hot fix.  Niarms is a one Toadie operation, he can't be patching everything and making new content at the same time. He's not Dr. Manhattan.  

Id imagine there would be, but please appreciate addon making takes time. After all it is a hobby, an update will certainly come out when its ready and not before. 

Dw, i am a mod maker myself, i know what it is like. Was just looking for a confirmation from the mod makers that one is in the works, as i am the manager for my communities addon server.

Dw, i am a mod maker myself, i know what it is like. Was just looking for a confirmation from the mod makers that one is in the works, as i am the manager for my communities addon server.

IIRC it was said a few posts back that it is in the works. Just think about ask the configs he has to go through and fix.