"Patreon vote and the commissions list"?

What is that?!

There are already quite a few similar anti-materiel rifles on the list; the McMillan TAC-50, Barrett M98 Bravo, and PGM Hecate II. Those also have the advantage of being more ubiquitous than the HS. 50.

But, of course, you could always just become a Patron and put it on the list yourself, or commission it if you really want it badly.

Also, they have the advantage of being magazine fed.

Also, they have the advantage of being magazine fed.

There's actually a new-ish variant called the Steyr HS .50 M1 that can use a side-loaded 5 round magazine (among other changes.) Performance wise the thing is still quite inferior to something like the M98, but then again some of the most fun guns aren't necessarily the most useful (I'm hella excited for the H&H Elephant Gun, but unless they're adding Siamese Elephants to Tanoa it's a bit excessive.)

Doing some research into this thing and it's actually quite cool (the proprietary .460 Steyr round developed for it is very interesting, to say the least.) Certainly going on my personal list of Patreon requests for when I finally donate.

• Like 1

Those MG-3/42s look so cool :D a variant with only a belt hanging down as the magazine would be awesome

As cool as that would be, I don't think that's possible to do effectively, because the belt links have no physics so having more than just a few rounds would clip through the character model.

• Like 1

What about the anti air sights on the MG3 the german armed forces are using, will there be a version with it? Havent seen any pictures of it so far.

I Hope this answers your question. Also, there'll be an AK patch dropping just a LITTLE before this, fixing some issues with the Apex launch, and probably adding compatibility with the BI apex mags.

61F36ABBFF4CD174DB8B068A271919824016C27A

• Like 6

Oh awesome! I love how it looks man! If we have the complete pack we can just over write the AK PBO and bisign right?

Oh awesome! I love how it looks man! If we have the complete pack we can just over write the AK PBO and bisign right?

I would imagine this what he will release, as its the easiest way of patching an addon, saves any confusion.

• Like 3

Hello just a small question. what do you have planned next and have you ever considered creating the M40A5 sniper rifle?

Hello just a small question. what do you have planned next and have you ever considered creating the M40A5 sniper rifle?

Have a look at the opening post, there is a link which has the current project list - https://goo.gl/pM1IFT

• Like 1

The next "new" project is the SIG SG550 rifle series (so 550/551/552/553 etc.) There are also the SIG P226s and Remington ACRs being worked on.

The M40A5 is on the list with a bunch of other Remington 700 variants though, including the other M40s.

On an unrelated note, apparently Toadie is taking suggestions for M1911 variants (as per the list), so I raise these "interesting" ones:

Colt M1911 in .455 Webley for the RAF

350px-M1911-RAFIssue455.jpg

Detonics CombatMaster

300px-DetonicsCM.jpg

".45 Longslide with Laser Sighting" aka AMT Hardballer. Laserlock sight is a must have.

400px-ED_45.jpg

(and a much needed mention for the "Silverballer.")

350px-AMT_Hardballer_Hitman_Replica.jpg

TJCG "Stealth-1"

400px-M%26MSStealth1.jpg

• Like 2

Never knew the RAF took a 1911 ! When was this fielded then ? Learn something new everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never knew the RAF took a 1911 ! When was this fielded then ? Learn something new everyday

Was in WW1, so it was actually before the RAF was formed (Royal Flying Corps at the time). They were designed to use the same ammo as the Royal Navy's Webley & Scott .455

IIRC the RAF did order more M1911s in .455 after 1918 as well though.

• Like 1

World War I - only the Royal Navy actually purchased a noteworthy quantity for service use, but a considerable number were used as one off sidearms by officers or other enlisted men. They were transferred to the RAF in the interwar period and purportedly still used during WW2, but not likely in any large quantities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.455_Webley

See ".455 Webley Auto" section

(Yeah, it's Wikipedia, but I think the fact that a .455 Webley Auto M1911 existed at all is evidence enough)

• Like 1

Now THATS a desirable firearm.... Very interesting thanks guys

Just thinking aloud - was it rimless? Surely not if it shared the revolver ammunition

The next "new" project is the SIG SG550 rifle series (so 550/551/552/553 etc.) There are also the SIG P226s and Remington ACRs being worked on.

The M40A5 is on the list with a bunch of other Remington 700 variants though, including the other M40s.

On an unrelated note, apparently Toadie is taking suggestions for M1911 variants (as per the list), so I raise these "interesting" ones:

Colt M1911 in .455 Webley for the RAF

Detonics CombatMaster

".45 Longslide with Laser Sighting" aka AMT Hardballer. Laserlock sight is a must have.

(and a much needed mention for the "Silverballer.")

TJCG "Stealth-1"

The suggestion I'd make about the 1911 would be a sort of one-off precision custom, like what a Delta Force operator would have used. What often gets overlooked about the 1911 is that since its design predates mass production, some of the newer ones that they run off by the thousands for the civilian market don't exactly measure up to the long reputation the gun has made for itself. As far as I know, the best 1911s are the ones that have been exquisitely worked over by armorers and gunsmiths, often times with many components hand-fitted and finessed to near perfection.

Arguably the first to do this was the Springfield Armory which produced the National Match version of the 1911 which was specially prepared for competition shooting. These guns and their successors went on to form the basis of the specially modified versions used by Delta Force from its inception in the late 70s until the early 90s when war-built stocks finally ran out out and it became essential to source parts and sometimes whole guns from places like Caspian and STI. While its said that the stories of all Delta guys being given a special allowance for gunsmithing expenses is an exaggeration, in many cases guns were personally customized for specific operators just for the simple fact that these guys were the best and anything that could shave off a fraction of a second of reaction time or make a shot group a tenth of an inch closer was always worth it.

The trouble is, its not going to be an easy task to find pictures of these weapons, however at the same time there's lots of room for artistic license because when it came to personal customization, no two pistols were alike, with all kinds of different options for the trigger, hammer, slide, grip, mainspring ect. Rather than try to make a carbon copy of SOMEBODY's gun, this could be more of a composite of what an operator's gun may have looked like, if that makes any sense.

While there are lots of interesting variants of the M1911, some of which are even still in use today (MEU SOC and M45 come to mind) Delta has been known for being a very strong proponent of both the .45 ACP catridge and the M1911 specifically.

The Vickers Tactical custom would fit the niche of the custom 1911 very nicely, as would Snake's from MGS4

Personally the A1, M15 General Officer, and M45 are essential IMO being the primary variants used by the US Military, another version I had in mind though was the Para-ordnance P14-45, which is a double stack magazine variant made by the (RIP) Para Ordnance company of Canada holding 14 rounds of .45 ACP. They also made a bunch of compact and subcompact 1911s as well as double action and 18 rounds capacity (!!!) 9mm versions

I set off a bit of a firestorm of suggestions by mentioning that, but I feel the need to point out that the 1911s are still quite far down on the list and probably won't be started for awhile.

The suggestion I'd make about the 1911 would be a sort of one-off precision custom, like what a Delta Force operator would have used. What often gets overlooked about the 1911 is that since its design predates mass production, some of the newer ones that they run off by the thousands for the civilian market don't exactly measure up to the long reputation the gun has made for itself. As far as I know, the best 1911s are the ones that have been exquisitely worked over by armorers and gunsmiths, often times with many components hand-fitted and finessed to near perfection.

Arguably the first to do this was the Springfield Armory which produced the National Match version of the 1911 which was specially prepared for competition shooting. These guns and their successors went on to form the basis of the specially modified versions used by Delta Force from its inception in the late 70s until the early 90s when war-built stocks finally ran out out and it became essential to source parts and sometimes whole guns from places like Caspian and STI. While its said that the stories of all Delta guys being given a special allowance for gunsmithing expenses is an exaggeration, in many cases guns were personally customized for specific operators just for the simple fact that these guys were the best and anything that could shave off a fraction of a second of reaction time or make a shot group a tenth of an inch closer was always worth it.

The trouble is, its not going to be an easy task to find pictures of these weapons, however at the same time there's lots of room for artistic license because when it came to personal customization, no two pistols were alike, with all kinds of different options for the trigger, hammer, slide, grip, mainspring ect. Rather than try to make a carbon copy of SOMEBODY's gun, this could be more of a composite of what an operator's gun may have looked like, if that makes any sense.

While there are lots of interesting variants of the M1911, some of which are even still in use today (MEU SOC and M45 come to mind) Delta has been known for being a very strong proponent of both the .45 ACP catridge and the M1911 specifically.

Though I can't speak for toadie, I imagine that your fix for custom 1911s will be accommodated in the pack whenever it gets made. Even if it ends up being general models like the M45, MEU, ICQB, Colt Rail Gun, or whatever, it'll still leave the door open for future customization, because mixing and matching M1911 parts is not very difficult.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Terminator_2#Colt_Series_70.2FDetonics_1911_Hybrid

If only to compliment the man-portable minigun.

That and the Hardballer for sure. Gotta have the Terminator guns man. Gotta have 'em.