I know that Toadie doesn't take requests from this thread etc.. but am I the only one who wishes one of those was available as a static weapon?

The minigun was commisioned by FrankieonPCin1080p for a video - I doubt it's meant to be supported on the long term.

The minigun was commisioned by FrankieonPCin1080p for a video - I doubt it's meant to be supported on the long term.

While this is true, I did actually build the thing to give me(or someone else) the option of doing it as a static/vehicle weapon in the future if they wanted.Sources are on the website if you want to actually take a stab at it.

• Like 3

While this is true, I did actually build the thing to give me(or someone else) the option of doing it as a static/vehicle weapon in the future if they wanted.Sources are on the website if you want to actually take a stab at it.

Minigun is awesome, and it would be a shame if it gets removed from the pack. I strongly advise to keep it. 

Minigun is awesome, and it would be a shame if it gets removed from the pack. I strongly advise to keep it. 

Why would it be removed from the pack? I think the "not supported on the long term" line meant "creating more variants than just the very specific one that was commissioned", not "it won't be updated in the future to keep in line with ArmA 3 updates."

I've noticed that the new weapons like the HK33A2 or the new G3 variants aren't available in Eden. It seems like this is becoming my favourite question in this thread but could you add the new weapons and the new weapon variants to Eden? Please.
  :868:

Why would it be removed from the pack? I think the "not supported on the long term" line meant "creating more variants than just the very specific one that was commissioned", not "it won't be updated in the future to keep in line with ArmA 3 updates."

"Not supported in the long term" means just that. Not expending any more time on it then what it takes to keep it working as is. 

"Not supported in the long term" means just that. Not expending any more time on it then what it takes to keep it working as is. 

Okay, so just to clarify, say there was an ArmA 3 update that broke the gun, it would still be updated to get fixed. Correct?

I've noticed that the new weapons like the HK33A2 or the new G3 variants aren't available in Eden. It seems like this is becoming my favourite question in this thread but could you add the new weapons and the new weapon variants to Eden? Please.

:868:

you see them in arsenal? if yes change the loadouts and you have in eden!

Okay, so just to clarify, say there was an ArmA 3 update that broke the gun, it would still be updated to get fixed. Correct?

I guess we have to wait for the release of Apex before Toadie is going to update that. It's very likely that after Apex something else needs some patching, so a update now wouldn't help for a long time. 

Toadie is probably the most proactive mod dev in terms of updating and fixing his mods after updates, so you know that they're probably going to be fixed very soon after any update that might break them

• Like 1

you see them in arsenal? if yes change the loadouts and you have in eden!

That's the thing. I don't want units to be equiped with that guns. I just want to place weapons as objects. Toadie2k did already a great job with most of his weapons. Most of these weapons are avialable as items in the eden editor. That's perfect to make an armory or a gun shop. Unfortunately not every of his weapons are avialable.

That's the thing. I don't want units to be equiped with that guns. I just want to place weapons as objects. Toadie2k did already a great job with most of his weapons. Most of these weapons are avialable as items in the eden editor. That's perfect to make an armory or a gun shop. Unfortunately not every of his weapons are avialable.

you have tried the ammo box in the props -> ammunition (yellow) section? 

you have tried the ammo box in the props -> ammunition (yellow) section? 

I think he's talking about groundweaponholders preconfigured with the guns. Like the way the vanilla guns are all available as "just the gun" (i.e. technically a groundweaponholder with the gun and a few magazines) as a placeable object.

• Like 1

I think he's talking about groundweaponholders preconfigured with the guns. Like the way the vanilla guns are all available as "just the gun" (i.e. technically a groundweaponholder with the gun and a few magazines) as a placeable object.

Jep. That's exactly what i'm talking about. :thumb:

Hi!

As many of you are aware, the supressors in ArmA (and IRL) only supress the sound of the shot itself. If you're using supersonic ammo, you'll still hear the crack of the sound barrier being broken by the round, as we do in Arma.

To achieve a "completely" silent shot, you need, together with the supressor, a sub-sonic ammo. 

(right...?)

So, my question is: are there any subsonic rounds for the MP5 SMGs?

Yes, and I believe in functions as you say, with no sonic crack.

And it's a part of this mod, I suppose...

Yes, also while I'm not sure if it's implemented in the Mod the MP5SD should be silent even with hot rounds due to its integral suppressor.

• Like 1

Hi!

As many of you are aware, the supressors in ArmA (and IRL) only supress the sound of the shot itself. If you're using supersonic ammo, you'll still hear the crack of the sound barrier being broken by the round, as we do in Arma.

To achieve a "completely" silent shot, you need, together with the supressor, a sub-sonic ammo. 

(right...?)

I think there's subsonic ammo for just about every NIArms weapon. In the arsenal the icon for the subsonic has a a bullet and "subsonic" in blue on it afaik.

Would it be possible to add some Mk 46s to the SAW pack? Two versions, a Mk 46 Mod 0 with a gen 1 para stock and a gen 2 para stock would be cool. Though honestly, a reconfig of the Mk48 for 5.56 ammo to represent the Mod 1 would suffice.

Would it be possible to add some Mk 46s to the SAW pack? Two versions, a Mk 46 Mod 0 with a gen 1 para stock and a gen 2 para stock would be cool. Though honestly, a reconfig of the Mk48 for 5.56 ammo to represent the Mod 1 would suffice.

I'll be commissioning proper MK46/48 mod 0/1's at some point in the future. Probably with some proper holding animations given that the weapons themselves will reuse a lot of SAW pack parts.

• Like 4

Yes, also while I'm not sure if it's implemented in the Mod the MP5SD should be silent even with hot rounds due to its integral suppressor.

Yeah after looking at it the regular MP5 when equipped with a silencer and firing subsonic ammo still has a sonic crack. I had all my other mods running in the background though (including JSRS) so maybe that may have had something to do with it. I'll try to test it properly and get back to you.

I haven't used JSRS in a while but if it still uses it's own bullet supersonic snaps script, that might be doing it. Specifically the MP5 subsonic mags have their own round with the snaps set to silence when running them, and the MP5SD will run any of the MP5 mags at subsonic velocity (as it does IRL supposedly). Inside the default sound system, either kills the snaps, so I'm unofficially pointing the finger at JSRS perhaps in this case.

I haven't used JSRS in a while but if it still uses it's own bullet supersonic snaps script, that might be doing it. Specifically the MP5 subsonic mags have their own round with the snaps set to silence when running them, and the MP5SD will run any of the MP5 mags at subsonic velocity (as it does IRL supposedly). Inside the default sound system, either kills the snaps, so I'm unofficially pointing the finger at JSRS perhaps in this case.

Greetings Cpt. Would subsonic ammo be less detected by AI units or doesn't it matter? I cant find a conclusive answer if Sub sonic ammo has a game play impact regards stealth missions.