kerkkoh

[MP] RPFramework - Modular roleplaying framework for Arma 3

The link to torndeco extDB3 instructions does not take us to instructions. Anyway you can package this with the settings into your mod so we follow the rest of the instructions. I bet without the instruction it will be tricky for a lot of people.

Also your instructions point 4, says : Drag and drop the **extDB** folder from **External Files** to **@ExtDB3** and choose to replace everything

But there are no extDB folder included in your download?

On 12.4.2017 at 7:07 AM, AggrOnline said:

The link to torndeco extDB3 instructions does not take us to instructions. Anyway you can package this with the settings into your mod so we follow the rest of the instructions. I bet without the instruction it will be tricky for a lot of people.

On 16.4.2017 at 3:55 AM, AggrOnline said:

Also your instructions point 4, says : Drag and drop the **extDB** folder from **External Files** to **@ExtDB3** and choose to replace everything

But there are no extDB folder included in your download?

The link still takes you to the installation page where it instructs you to download the C++ redist and so on from what I can see. Seems like some people still can't install ExtDB3 properly though...

Working on releasing the hotfix for that folder thing. It's been there for a while even though I removed that folder way back...

Also sorry for not checking these posts enough, I need an email alert or something. If anyone has problems hop onto our Discord server <3

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 7:00 AM, kerkkoh said:

The link still takes you to the installation page where it instructs you to download the C++ redist and so on from what I can see. Seems like some people still can't install ExtDB3 properly though...

Working on releasing the hotfix for that folder thing. It's been there for a while even though I removed that folder way back...

Also sorry for not checking these posts enough, I need an email alert or something. If anyone has problems hop onto our Discord server <3

no worried, I spoke to you on discord, and was able to get everything working. 

• Like 1

I've been working on this huge update for a while and now I have to release it before my exams start again. Well, it's huge in files, but not that much in features. Stringtables are finally a thing so you can get translating RPFramework to your favorite language! You can also manage RPFramework a tiny bit easier with configs that have some variables in them.

~ With <3, Kerkkoh

Downloads (5.0.2)

GitHub
Dropbox

Armaholic

Changelog 5.0.2
- Fixed the server PBOs to be lower case to make Linux user's lives
easier
- Fixed a small ATM bug

Changelog 5.0.1

- Fixed the crashing issues that many were experiencing

Changelog 5.0.0

- Licenses module
- Default values for inserting players into DB
- Fixed ATM and money system
- Stringtables
- Configs for everything
- Fixed fishing system
- Fixed many bugs
- Included extDB3 and FLOSS exception

Edited by kerkkoh
Hotfix 5.0.2
  • Like 1

Thanks for informing us about the update :)

The Armaholic mirror has been updated with the new version:

news_download_a3_3.png
RPFramework v5.0.0

Framework is actually pretty nice, if only I knew what I was doing!

• Like 1

I was on a break and hence there were no released updates in a while, but now we have worked on something new that we're ready to release. Hope you enjoy!

With <3,  RPFramework Team

Downloads (5.1.0)

Armaholic

GitHub
Dropbox

Changelog 5.1.0

• Key system for vehicles, keys get saved to the database and each vehicle has a unique randomized key
  • Garage module now saves all vehicles regardless of if you put them in the garage or not (this can be disabled in the config)
  • Fixed Arma 3 Language update's font issue by changing the font for RscTexts
  • Changed the shop system module to spawn shops to positions ATL (setPosATL) and not ASL. Fixes some of the default shops not spawning.

Psst! Join our Discord for support. The link is in the readme on GitHub!

Thanks for sending us the update :)

news_download_a3_3.png
RPFramework v5.1.0

After another break due to my finals, I'm back again.

We've worked hard on the new release to get some crucial fixes and updates out.

Downloads (6.0.0)

Armaholic

GitHub
Dropbox

Changelog 6.0.0

• Fixed interaction key not working
  • Added French translation by chick69 (http://www.armaholic.com/users.php?m=details&id=52837&u=chick69) (It's a bit partial at the moment but most of the translations are done)
  • New rpf_weapons addon adding dummy weapons that cause essentially no damage but still make a sound and the custom bullets can be registered with event handlers (paintball or training maybe?)
  • Revamped ShopSystem module
  • New core system for registering simple hotkeys.
  • Interaction menu now has sub-categories that have interaction items inside of them.
  • New utility function for animating dialog controls
  • Small fixes

Psst! Join our Discord for support.

• Like 2

Thanks for sending us the updated version :)

news_download_a3_3.png
RPFramework v6.0.0

This is a Great framework indeed !

only suggestion is to show the image when you are at a shop so you can see what you are buying  :)

Hey, people who follow our stuff on these forums!

I've been super busy with my finals again and I actually have my physics finals tomorrow soo... I'm gonna try to keep it brief. We have a bunch of small fixes and a few new features in the newest version 6.1.0.

Also, the project is still very much active and we constantly update the development branch on our GitHub. I will personally inform everyone over here if we for a reason or another cease the development so don't worry!

Oh and also we have some new cool modules out on our website. Check them out!

Downloads (6.1.0)

GitHub
Dropbox

Armaholic

Changelog 6.1.0

• A lot of optimization & cleanup of the code
  • A lot of small fixes / tweaks
  • Portuguese translation
  • Houses module storage: You can now store stuff in houses
  • Added credit to new contributors
  • Modified the install tutorial to include using a different database name
  • Support for shift, ctrl and alt keys in Hotkeys
  • Visibility check for PlayerNames module so you can't see through walls
  • New items
  • An optional vehicle stats save loop for Garage module
  • Garage module now correctly saves damage

Hi!

I've been working on this update on and off for the past few weeks and hence, it's a big one. Even though there aren't many amazing new features, this update is a major release due to the very big changes that were done to how a lot of things work in the framework. The most significant change is that the interaction system now gets initialized on the server's side instead of the client's. We hope that these changes really improve the security of the framework and you will have fewer people going around executing their crazy scripts.

With this release, it's important to stress that you need to again update your database to suit the changes with the new SQL file included as well as the rpframework.ini for ExtDB3.

All our major changes that require you to change how your current modules work have been documented in our wiki. You should at least check out:

In short, you need to move your interaction menu initialization to the server's side of your module files and make it the first thing ran in your module's init file. You also need to move back to the old fashioned way of adding hotkeys in your modules since we had to remove the Hotkeys system that we introduced previously. The trunk system has also been updated to have a whitelist for all functions that it can run with the 'action' variable so you should introduce a new 'trunkWhitelist.hpp' in your module. The usable items system has also been updated to have a whitelist for all functions it can run so you should add a new 'usableWhitelist.hpp' in your module.

With these new changes, we also have fixed a lot of the previously broken things and tried to optimize things even more. Most of the shops, ATMs, garages, mining system's objects and plants have all been switched over to be super simple objects, which should give the server a huge performance boost.

I hope the changes aren't too much, but if they are, you can always contact us on our discord server and we'll help you adapt.

With <3,  RPFramework Team

Downloads (7.0.0)

GitHub
Dropbox

Armaholic

Changelog 7.0.0

• Major security overhaul:
    • Removed "call compile" from where it didn't belong
    • Interaction initialization is now on the server side and then transferred to the clients upon init
    • Removed hotkey system
    • Modified the ShopSystem module to be more secure
    • Added whitelists for functions called by using items and vehicle trunk
    • Hopefully, your server won't get blown up by a hacker as likely now
  • Even more optimization & cleanup than before
  • Even more fixes and tweaks of broken things
  • Fixed licenses
  • Fixed and improved Taser module
  • Fixed BasicMedical module's "zombies" at spawn and disconnecting issues
  • Fixed first aid kits spawning in all vehicles
  • Switched all inanimate objects from vehicles to simpleObjects improving performance significantly
  • Added more plants to the Farming module
  • Added new items
  • Added uses for a lot of previously unused items
  • Added a forced respawn for impatient unconscious players
  • Implemented vehicle license plates with the new Arma 3 commands
  • Implemented checks for possibly full player inventory
  • Complete overhaul of the methLab module: you can now cook a lot of things in the lab

Hey!

Just a heads-up, I just reverted a few things in the code and it's definitely not worth the release but here it goes anyways.

Should help with some of you having problems with your old shop configs.

My bad! Should have done this before 7.0.0, Sorry!

Downloads (7.0.2)

GitHub
Dropbox

Armaholic

Changelog 7.0.2

• Commented testing code out. I don't know how I forgot to do this.

Changelog 7.0.1

• Reverted ShopSystem's positions back to positionATL
Edited by kerkkoh

Hey this is great! I just set up a test server for Malden. Just need to figure out how to interact with the modules.