shenko

Is there a way to delete a smoke module using a trigger?

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a mission where the objective consists on destroying an object that is producing a kind of virus (I did this placing a smoke module that represents the virus right below the object).

I would like to know if it is possible to delete that module when the object gets destroyed. I tried with deleteVehicle "moduleName" but it doesn't work.

Did a quick google search and subsequent test for you, I found that using the following gets rid of the smoke effect:

deleteVehicle ((_smokeModule getVariable "effectEmitter") select 0);

Replace _smokeModule with whatever variable name you chose for the module.

I located this answer via a google search that resulted in this thread if you need additional information or confirmation of the source for crediting purposes.

• Like 3

Thank you for answering, this works perfectly with what I wanted on my mission. When googling about the issue I also found the topic you linked but I thought that it was something exclusive to the fire module.

Hey, so i'm sure this is a dumb question, but i'm doing basicly the same thing as OP, smoke effect linked to comms tower, when the players destroy the comms tower the smoke stops,

deletevehicle ((smokeModule1 getVariable "effectEmitter") select 0);
does stop the smoke effect, but i don't know how to link that to the destruction of the tower, does it need to be in the Condition or activation of the trigger? or of the tower? I feel like this is a dumb question, but i hope there is a simple answer, lol.