1LT Creech

No Player Slots - EDEN Exported Missions

If I export a mission from the EDEN editor and use that PBO on my local machine to host a MP session, I have no issues. People can join without issue and select whichever slot they desire.  

I take that same PBO and upload it to a hosted or dedicated server (box with root OR a game server) the mission will load, but no slots exists and it kicks the person back out. I have tried this on a rooted machine dedicated box and on two different gaming servers (Host Havoc and Arma Hosts). 

Am I missing a setting for the export or do I need to pack the mission using a pbo packer?

This has been stumping me for about a week and no success looking for resolutions on forums. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

I believe this has resolved itself. When I was editing, I had gone into the editor after going into a "LAN" multi session. If I got into an online one and edit then export, it works without problem. 

• Like 1

I believe this has resolved itself. When I was editing, I had gone into the editor after going into a "LAN" multi session. If I got into an online one and edit then export, it works without problem. 

Hi, thanks for this.  

I'm having the same problem but your solution doesn't work for me.  Can you be more specific on the exact steps you took?  I'm missing something here.

No, it's just a self made mission for 4 players.  It does use quite a few mods though, but my dedicated server loads up all the mods fine (as far as I can tell) and it loads the mission...just not any playable slots.  (Edit:  I made it sound like it's just one mission, but it's every mission I make with mods)

I have one mission that I recently made using purely vanilla assets and that one loads the player slots, and plays, fine.

Just FYI, mods used:

Alive

CUP

MCC

various weapon packs

Launch Parameters "para.txt"

-port=2302
 -name=TUK
 -profiles=TUK
 -config=server\server.cfg
 -world=empty
 -noSplash
 -noSound
 -noPause
 -enableHT
 -maxMem=2047
 -mod="@RHSAFRF";"@RHSUSF";"@3den Enhanced";"@ace";"@ADR-97 Weapon Pack (Official Mod)";"@alive";"@Ares";"@Arma Enhanced Movement";"@Australia";"@Bornholm";"@Bozcaada";"@BWI - AT-6B + T-6A-C Pack";"@cba_a3";"@CUP Terrains - Core";"@CUP Terrains - Maps";"@CUP Units";"@CUP Vehicles";"@CUP Weapons";"@Hindu Kush ARMA 3 Map";"@Kunduz Afghanistan";"@MCC Sandbox 4 -  Mission Making The Easy Way";"@Nam";"@NIArms Core";"@NIArms AK Rifles";"@NIArms AR15 Rifles";"@NIArms AUG Rifles";"@NIArms AWM Rifles";"@NIArms FAL Rifles";"@NIArms G3 Rifles";"@NIArms G36 Rifles";"@NIArms M14 Rifles";"@NIArms M60 GPMGs";"@NIArms M1903 Springfield Rifles";"@NIArms Minimi LMGs";"@NIArms MP5 SMGs";"@NIArms SG510 Rifles";"@Sukhoi Su-22M4";"@Tilos- Greek Island ( Beta )"

Server.cfg

//
// server.cfg
// Hosted by ArmaHosts.com
// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname = "TUK Server";		// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password = "";					// Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin = "";				// Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
serverCommandPassword = "";               // Password required by alternate syntax of [[serverCommand]] server-side scripting.

//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com";	// For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";	// For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers
//reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";	// For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead  //this option is deprecated since A2: OA version 1.63
//reportingIP = "arma3" //not used at all
logFile = "server_console.log";			// Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
motd[] = {
	"", "",  
	"Yeah brah...welcome brah",
	""
};
motdInterval = 5;				// Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
checkfiles[] = {};				// Outdated.
maxPlayers = 64;				// Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.
kickDuplicate = 1;				// Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures = 0;				// Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed). 
equalModRequired = 0;				// Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
allowedFilePatching = 0;                        // Allow or prevent client using -filePatching to join the server. 0, is disallow, 1 is allow HC, 2 is allow all clients (since Arma 3 1.49+)
//requiredBuild = 12345				// Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers = 1;				// Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold = 0.33;				// 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 1;					// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 0;				// since 1.62.95417 supports range 1-20 //since 1.63.x will supports range 1-30 //8kHz is 0-10, 16kHz is 11-20, 32kHz is 21-30
persistent = 0;					// If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
timeStampFormat = "short";			// Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".
BattlEye = 0;					// Server to use BattlEye system
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124216)
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile/preprocessFileLineNumber commands (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124323)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via HTMLLoad command (since Arma 3 build 1.27.126715)
//allowedHTMLLoadURIs = {}; // Leave commented to let missions/campaigns/addons decide what URIs are supported. Uncomment to define server-level restrictions for URIs

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";				//
onUserDisconnected = "";			//
doubleIdDetected = "";				//
//regularCheck = "{}";				//  Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. //deprecated

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "";	// unsigned data detected
onHackedData = "";		// tampering of the signature detected
onDifferentData = "";				// data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions {
};				// An empty Missions class means there will be no mission rotation

missionWhitelist[] = {}; //an empty whitelist means there is no restriction on what missions' available

I think I solved the same problem for myself.
It looks like you just have to uncheck that one AI, that you selected as a "player" and then it should work fine.

The solution is to check the rpt file of the server. This issue is usually caused by a mod that's missing to play this mission.

Example:

11:10:11 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cba_xeh

i am having the same problem. but i really cannot fixed it. i am new on this so i need somebody to coach me hahaha. i have RHS/CUP mods errors on my rpt file on the server. I am using serverblend to host my dedicated server.  i downloaded the mods and used WinScp to put the mods in the server and change the names to @ace for example not numbers.