-TFP- Bridge.J

Knock People Unconscious

I created this mod for use by my unit but I thought some other groups might find it useful.

It adds an ACE interaction allowing you to punch someone, knocking them out. Works on AI and players, just interact with their head and you'll see the option to punch.

You can also set a keybind (using the Configure Addons section) to knock people out. As long as you are within 3m of the target when you press the key (default is Home) you will punch them and knock them out for the standard 60 seconds.

It knocks people out for approx. 60 seconds, giving you enough time to restrain them etc.

Video showing how it works:

As the mod uses ACE actions it does obviously require ACE3 & CBA in order to work.

Latest Version:

Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906758817

Changelog:

Version 1.2 - Updated to work with the ACE Medical Rewrite.

Version 1.1 - Core code rewrite, new CBA keybind

Version 1.0 - Mod released.

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any suggestions/feedback. 🙂

- [TFP] Bridge.J

• Like 6

Hahaha that sound effect :D

hahaa. i gotta say. i actually love it.

• Like 2

isnt there an animation thats better suited... it looks like a fist bump. I love this mod, you should update to that animation..!!  That sound though

isnt there an animation thats better suited... it looks like a fist bump. I love this mod, you should update to that animation..!!  That sound though

Unfortunately not :( I spent ages going through the animation viewer but couldn't find one that worked well so I ended up using that one. 

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey [JTFS] Bridge.J , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Sound like a good addition, but a shortcut to use the action would be awesome (probably need to be included in ACE 3 so we can parameter a key for it). Because even on a slow moving target it's gonna be hard to use it via ace interaction menu.

Or can you add a "configure addon" entry maybe ? (haven't installed it yet) Does this work on prone target ?

How much time the guy stay unconscious ?

Edit : Saw the time on armaholic, 60 seconds more than enough yep ! :)

I'm not sure if it's available to non apex owners, but there is a animation for knocking people out with a rifle in the Apex Protocol missions - might be worth checking out.

But why would you use this instead of restrain when both are painfully hard to use? I had 2 fireteams run after one civilian for 2 minutes chasing him to the point where the second squad overwatching them laughed too muhch to even continiue the mission. Solved it with a little keybind. 

Key word here is keybind. Would recomend you added one to your mod as well :)

Still love it thanks to the sound effect. Use it to hit one kid in our group who always cock up the easiest tasks. 

• Like 2

Version 1.1 released 16-APR-2017

Changes:

- Core code rewrite

- Added CBA keybind (default is Home, can be changed in the configure addons section of the controls menu)

- Mod now available on the Steam Workshop

Download V1.1 - https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B6PQLNEQasydVFJFLXJzOE9lWkk

Steam Workshop - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=906758817

On 1/25/2023 at 2:28 AM, kibaBG said:

I tried your mod, it simply kills the target. 

One can safely assume that is because the original mod came out over 6 years ago and the last update for it was ~2.5 years ago...Its a wonder it still works at all.

8 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

One can safely assume that is because the original mod came out over 6 years ago and the last update for it was ~2.5 years ago...Its a wonder it still works at all.

The problem was ACE settings, AI have to be able to go to in unconsciousness state.