Drangoll45

Issue while converting textures (to .paa from png) with BI Tools

Hi everybody !

I'm working on a helicopter (i'm not going to publish it)

When I was converting my textures I noticed an issue with the conversion.

The texture's name is "texturename_co.png" 

Texture before conversion :

http://imgur.com/BqUfj3u

Texture after conversion :

http://imgur.com/FCQ13P1

I'm not sure if its an IMGUR issue, but when I 'save as' the image and download it, it saves as an 8-bit PNG. As far as I'm aware switching the format to 16-bit or 32-bit may help.The image is also not sized correctly (presumably you scaled it down to share it publicly) which could also cause you issues.

I'm not sure if its an IMGUR issue, but when I 'save as' the image and download it, it saves as an 8-bit PNG. As far as I'm aware switching the format to 16-bit or 32-bit may help.The image is also not sized correctly (presumably you scaled it down to share it publicly) which could also cause you issues.

I cut the image (in imgur) for preview purposes but the image is 1024x1024 at 32bit

Presumably there is absolutely no Alpha channel what so ever? The _co suffix forces a 1-bit Alpha with no scales of transparency, its either see-through completely or its not (0-1). What looks like is happening is parts of the gradient alpha are more transparent and are closer to 1 than to 0, as such are showing random pixels as transparent.

I noticed that removing the suffix "_co" after the name of the texture the issue doesn't happens again , but the result is a transparency on the fuselage of my helicopter

I noticed that removing the suffix "_co" after the name of the texture the issue doesn't happens again , but the result is a transparency on the fuselage of my helicopter

Then you have an alpha channel with some measure of transparency which you can't (or at least shouldn't) have in a _co texture (due to the 1-bit alpha as mentioned above). Remove the alpha channel (make it entirely white in Photoshop or whatever program you use).

Presumably there is absolutely no Alpha channel what so ever? The _co suffix forces a 1-bit Alpha with no scales of transparency, its either see-through completely or its not (0-1). What looks like is happening is parts of the gradient alpha are more transparent and are closer to 1 than to 0, as such are showing random pixels as transparent.

So what can I do with the texture ?

( if you want i can send you the complete image )

Then you have an alpha channel with some measure of transparency which you can't (or at least shouldn't) have in a _co texture (due to the 1-bit alpha as mentioned above). Remove the alpha channel (make it entirely white in Photoshop or whatever program you use).

ok i'll try it 

Thanks for the hint bro

• Like 2

Ok I think i've found the problem : I was saving the image from DDS to PNG and this process produces an alpha channel.

Now i'm saving the textures the textures in JPG and the texture converted to Paa does not show any error

Thanks a lot Jackal326 for the fast reply and the support!

• Like 1