peral

[WIP] UH-60M BLACK HAWK

These babies were amazing in Arma 2, cant wait to see the updated ones for arma 3  :D I know the pictures in the OP are wips, but are there any plans to revamp the seat textures? Im not sure if it's possible, but it would be amazing if you could create a fuzzy looking wool texture. 

Question for devs. How far are you in the development of this mod if we may know? And do you plan to release only one bird or you are working on few of them?

• Like 2

Again, this mod looks awesome.  Loved your A-10 and I know I'm going to love this helicopter.  How many interactive switches are planned to be included in the final version and will there also be an MFD or two that is interactable like the AH-64D by Nodunit and Franze?  I know I'm reaching here, but I can dream.

• Like 1

Again, this mod looks awesome.  Loved your A-10 and I know I'm going to love this helicopter.  How many interactive switches are planned to be included in the final version and will there also be an MFD or two that is interactable like the AH-64D by Nodunit and Franze?  I know I'm reaching here, but I can dream.

Check the fifth screenshot on the first page again and you'll have part of your answer ;).

You mean, those are all real?!  I love you, dad.

I counted ​14 so far.  Didn't notice the circled buttons at first glance. :P

Me in arma the day these come out:

Great work Peral and Yura!

• Like 5

Great to see that the almighty UH-60M Black Hawk will make it's return in ARMA3!!!

One "minor" feature request (for the backlog of course):

I would love to see the HH-60M Black Hawk, which is the medical version of the UH-60M.
Simply a rename and a red cross on the side would already make it "medical", but having some medical equipment hanging on the back wall and the option to have 2 stretchers in the back would be fantastic.

eg. 18843203771_18843203771_ICR_Screening_So

And yes I know, I've watched Inside Combat Rescue way too many times ;)

• Like 4

Great to see that the almighty UH-60M Black Hawk will make it's return in ARMA3!!!

I would love to see the HH-60M Black Hawk, which is the medical version of the UH-60M.

Simply a rename and a red cross on the side would already make it "medical", but having some medical equipment hanging on the back wall and the option to have 2 stretchers in the back would be fantastic.

eg. 

So have I :D

Me too lol. Hope to get Dustoff version too!

Well yurapetrov made basically all the blackhawk variants out there (or was working on them atleast). I even remember a presidential VH-60N White Hawk. But updating them to arma 3 standards will take time I imagine, so I think Peral and yura want to focus on getting the base uh60 out first.

• Like 1

Well yurapetrov made basically all the blackhawk variants out there (or was working on them atleast). I even remember a presidential VH-60N White Hawk. But updating them to arma 3 standards will take time I imagine, so I think Peral and yura want to focus on getting the base uh60 out first.

I'm well aware of this, and I also remember the different versions which were available in A2.

So that's why it's a feature request for on the back log ;) I don't need it right now, but would be nice to see it in the future when they have some spare time.

Blackhawks are one of my fave heli. I keep checking everyday if any gameplay videos get put on. Looks really good so far guys. keep it up :)

Also will we we able to sit in the door way. Not sure if they do in real life but do they clip them self onto the side when they sit on the side. if they do could there be a thing where if you sit in that pos there is like a clip attached to the heil.

• Like 1

eg.

Blackhawk Crewchief here, spent 3 years on the HH60M, I don't think it is what you think it is. The CSAR bird in your pic is an HH60G, which is essentially a UH60L with a refuel probe, weather radar and cooler guns. And being an old DUSTOFF crewmember, Pedro can go do something not appropriate for mixed company. :biggrin: 

The HH60M has a litter lift system in the forward portion of the cabin capable of transporting 6 litter patients (VERY cramped like and will likely never happen) or 6 ambulatory or 3 of either. Usually the left side has the ambulatory seats down. There are also provisions for two normal UH60M seats behind the right hand crew seat for additional ambulatory patients in a pinch.

Also, the folding stabilator on the xH60M is carbon fiber, not the ribbed metal you see on old HH60G's and SH60's. The crewchiefs have different seats from the ones in your pic, I'll procure some references later. And the blades look a little narrow. Other than those three little things, I like what I see so far. A lot.

• Like 7

Blackhawk Crewchief here, spent 3 years on the HH60M, I don't think it is what you think it is. The CSAR bird in your pic is an HH60G, which is essentially a UH60L with a refuel probe, weather radar and cooler guns. And being an old DUSTOFF crewmember, Pedro can go do something not appropriate for mixed company. :biggrin:

The HH60M has a litter lift system in the forward portion of the cabin capable of transporting 6 litter patients (VERY cramped like and will likely never happen) or 6 ambulatory or 3 of either. Usually the left side has the ambulatory seats down. There are also provisions for two normal UH60M seats behind the right hand crew seat for additional ambulatory patients in a pinch.

Also, the folding stabilator on the xH60M is carbon fiber, not the ribbed metal you see on old HH60G's and SH60's. The crewchiefs have different seats from the ones in your pic, I'll procure some references later. And the blades look a little narrow. Other than those three little things, I like what I see so far. A lot.

I love it when everyone helps everyone with mod its great to see. 

I should have known it was the Pave Hawk instead of the Black Hawk ;) But thank you for the clearification, and the extra details which the devs can use!

Personally I would already be happy to have both a MEDEVAC (marked and unarmed) and a CASEVAC (unmarked and armed) variants of the Black hawk, but also implementing the Pave Hawk (which was present in the A2 mod if I recall correctly) would be great as well.

But for now we should wait till version 1 is done and hype it to one of the most used mods ;)

If you ask anyone in the Medevac community, they STRONGLY prefer the old UH60A+ to the HH60M and wish they had regular UH60Ms with red crosses. The HH mike is a literal ton heavier than its utility counterpart, meaning we have significantly less power when we need it and we can't fly quite as fast.

Thank you for the input and the photo, the UH-60 is the photo in the post is not a HH-60M medevac. it's a UH-60M, (also I know I have a M134 on it) we have started a HH-60M and have those seats and beds in it, I'm going off photos I get from friends that work on UH60's and the web, and what I remember from when I was in the Army. I was not a crew chief but I have flown in many of them in Iraq and in the US.

"This is still a WIP"

2015-08-27_00002_zpsiznpfn7m.jpg

• Like 22

Whoa, you're making the MH-60 too?  Now you have my attention!

Appreciate you're early doors on this, have you considered making the probe actually aerial refueling capable, with something like Sgt Fuller's MC-130?

Do you have a view on which of the increasing numbers of fast-rope scripts or addons you'll support?

Veeeeery interested in this, massive fan of the old ARMA2 helos and can't wait for these. Will you release them as they become ready 1 by 1 or hold them until they are all complete?

• Like 3

Could I make one small request?

If you and yura choose to allow retextures after the addon is released could you please post the diffuse maps in whatever form they may be (I assume .PSD or .XCF), even if part of your work are removed or at least a file annotating the areas of the UV's?

With 20+ military and 7+ civilian operators the amount of liveries and camouflage schemes is ridiculous  and of course most people wants to see their own country represented. It would be nice if this was a little easier for people to achieve.

A example of this in the past would be with firewill's F-16C spawning numerous skins

• Like 2

I do have to ask, is the Medevac HH60L still gonna be part of it, and is it still tail number 109?

I ask this because his HH60L for Arma 2 was based on the pictures and information I gave him. 109 was the aircraft my unit lost in Afghanistan in 2012, and I always thought of his model as being a tribute to that crew and helicopter.

• Like 8