raspu86

ILBE Assault Pack with RT-1523G / TFAR

Just been through the thread looking but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to start a mission with the satcom already deployed?

The classname/item just gives the broken down version, I would like to have my ops center have the satcom already sitting there ready to use. is there an easy way to do that?

On 6/5/2017 at 4:55 PM, JD Wang said:

Just been through the thread looking but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to start a mission with the satcom already deployed?

The classname/item just gives the broken down version, I would like to have my ops center have the satcom already sitting there ready to use. is there an easy way to do that?

To piggyback on that, I was wondering if there was some code that could be placed into a vehicle init that would make the vehicle work like a SATCOM antenna.

• Like 1

Actually I forgot to come back and reply to this. there is actually a deployed SATCOM in the editor. I forget what it's under but just search for SATCOM in the props and it's there.

Hi Ilbe,

Are you already actively working on an Acre2 compatible version of the SatCom?

Either way, need help to get that sorted?

Hi i'm with @Delta on arma 3 section on steam workshop and i was wondering if i could re-texture your backpacks and give you full credit for making everything just me simply putting a texture over it. And then using it in-game please reply as soon as possible thank you.

15 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

Is one of the antenna types specifically for communicating with aircraft?

While there is no meaningful distinction between antenna types in this mod beyond range and visual appearance, you can roleplay that idea with the VHF/UHF antenna variant. The radio in this pack is a VHF-Low-only radio, but that antenna is a VHF-HI/UHF antenna, and UHF is used to talk to birds.

Go with the VHF/UHF antenna.

Ahh allg i just thought one of them might actually be set up to have better quality between ground and air, thanks though

Raspu, post the most recent ACE update (3.11) the satcom antenna's inventory object is calling bad vehicle type errors. The only way the game will recognize the satcom antenna is while it's deployed. If you try to pick it up to put it in your inventory, you get the error.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cplcandybar said:

Raspu, post the most recent ACE update (3.11) the satcom antenna's inventory object is calling bad vehicle type errors. The only way the game will recognize the satcom antenna is while it's deployed. If you try to pick it up to put it in your inventory, you get the error.

Yes I think that it has something to do with ACE3 3.11 change regarding base item classes.

Changed all ACE3 items to CBA Misc Item type instead of using the mine detector method (#5502)

class ACE_ItemCore: CBA_MiscItem {};

Should be very easy to fix.

Regards.

Hi.

Does Anyone have any idea how to actually fix that broken SATCOM antenna?

Regards.

On 11/10/2017 at 1:29 AM, bolo861 said:

Hi.

Does Anyone have any idea how to actually fix that broken SATCOM antenna?

Regards.

It's something Raspu needs to fix. I mean, some enterprising individual *could* post a fix for it to steam should they figure it out as a dependency, but that =/= the mod creator doing the work themselves.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:00 PM, cplcandybar said:

It's something Raspu needs to fix. I mean, some enterprising individual *could* post a fix for it to steam should they figure it out as a dependency, but that =/= the mod creator doing the work themselves.

I mad a fix for the rf3080 (Satcom) for my community's in-house mod. I packed it separately as well for anyone who needs it (even signed it for you)

Mega
Dropbox

Google Drive

Steam Workshop

Anyone wondering the fix it is

class cfgWeapons {
	class ACE_ItemCore;
	class CBA_MiscItem_ItemInfo;
	class tfw_rf3080Item: ACE_ItemCore {
		class ItemInfo: CBA_MiscItem_ItemInfo{};
	};
};

You just need to make sure the actual mod is loaded first by putting "tfw_radios_rf3080" in the required addons.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, DJzonk said:

I mad a fix for the rf3080 (Satcom) for my community's in-house mod. I packed it separately as well for anyone who needs it (even signed it for you)
http:// https://mega.nz/#!joxQ3TwI!MTFtB8Yufub_KkXRtIZF8hgHMoTk2HBwSscCM5nW-Qs

class cfgWeapons {
	class ACE_ItemCore;
	};
};

You just need to make sure the actual mod is loaded first by putting "tfw_radios_rf3080" in the required addons.

I was literally JUST looking at this thread to see if the issue had been fixed and a notification of your post popped up. Sweet timing! Since my unit is a deep recon/LRS unit, SATCOMs are highly necessary to have.

I can't get your mega link to work though. Can you host on Dropbox or Google Drive possibly?

1 minute ago, LeClair said:

I was literally JUST looking at this thread to see if the issue had been fixed and a notification of your post popped up. Sweet timing! Since my unit is a deep recon/LRS unit, SATCOMs are highly necessary to have.

I can't get your mega link to work though. Can you host on Dropbox or Google Drive possibly?

How about both

Dropbox Google Drive

• Like 1

Can I use both version for task force radio and acre2 at once? like in pack? We are using sometimes TFRA and sometimes acre 2, and this ILBE mod is very good for long range. But it looks like the files of this mod have same name. I feel worry for the error for using both. Can you separate those files or let me know which way is the safe to use both.

On 11/14/2017 at 2:53 PM, DJzonk said:

Mega
Dropbox

Google Drive

class cfgWeapons {
	class ACE_ItemCore;
	};
};

You know you'd be an easily accessible hero to many if you put this up on the Steam workshop, right?

18 hours ago, cplcandybar said:

You know you'd be an easily accessible hero to many if you put this up on the Steam workshop, right?

Published it to the workshop

Workshop

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/15/2017 at 5:56 AM, eststar said:

Can I use both version for task force radio and acre2 at once? like in pack? We are using sometimes TFRA and sometimes acre 2, and this ILBE mod is very good for long range. But it looks like the files of this mod have same name. I feel worry for the error for using both. Can you separate those files or let me know which way is the safe to use both.

Well honestly your group should pick which on they want to use. As far as I can tell the ACRE 2 versions are just cosmetic empty backpacks that you can put a long range radio in. So in theory if you're using TFAR you could use the ACRE version at the same time. But they will just be cosmetic. I don't think however you could use the TFAR version with ACRE 2.

Hello,

Frist, sorry for my bad English, now to the Report.

Somethings its not well with the "Assemble- Antenna" script with TFAR Beta version. On MP server you cant Assemble or disassemble

in the Arsenal yes, and in the Editor with Errors