raspu86

ILBE Assault Pack with RT-1523G / TFAR

Using ACE3, ACEX, RHS, CBA and TFAR. When I go to place the STACOM the animation freezes and the item is removed from my inventory.

I meant "update" on the status if anyone else is having the issue. Not necessarily a mod update request!

nvm, found my answer on a second pass thru the thread.

Awesome mod. Good job!

For the guys having trouble placing the satcom antenna (animation stuck, antenna dissapears from inventory but no item placed on ground):

It seems like something changed / broke with the newest ACE3 version 3.8.0 / 3.8.1. I'll have to look deeper into it. For now I can only recommend to switch back to ACE3 3.7.0 for the satcom interaction to work.

First post updated with release 1.2.1 of the TFAR version.

Changelog:

- Fixed placement of RF-3080 satcom antenna (ace_common_waitAndExecute was removed with ACE3 3.8.0)
  • Like 2

First post updated with release 1.2.1 of the TFAR version.

Changelog:

- Fixed placement of RF-3080 satcom antenna (ace_common_waitAndExecute was removed with ACE3 3.8.0)

Awesome! We were going to update this into our modpack during our weekly maintenance tonight, but because of the broken SATCOM we were going to have to delay. Looks like we're back on now. Thanks for the timely fix!

Getting an error whenever anyone in our group tries to pull up the interface for any of the ASIP radios whenever the antennas are collapsed. They function normally when the antennas are extended, however.

TFAR version.

http://i.imgur.com/hbiHyg1.png

Confirmed it happening with both the ArmAholic & dropbox downloads, with only the dependencies enabled.

I can confirm this. Something is siriously fubar. None of ANT RT versions of the radio works with folded anthena. It doesn t show interface, it doesn t transmit or receive traffic.  If You can, please fix it.

Regards.

Sorry guys, the latest release 1.2.1 was somewhat broken. 1.2.2 fixes the "Ressource not found" error.

Download Link

Changelog:

- Fixed wrong radio GUI "Resource not found" error

Is there any chance of a desktop radio?
Would be great to have something in the Command Centre that anyone could use without having to put on a pack.

Would also be great having an ability to turn the speaker on my default so we can set it up and listen to OPs from back at base.

• Like 2

You could just turn on the speaker and drop the backpack, couldn't you?

Anyways thats nothing I will do in the near future. Imo TFAR is planing some kind of static radio anyways.

Hey @raspu86

I have my rpt file invaded by error message (~3000) as it :

Warning: y\tfw_radios\addons\ilbe\data\model\antenna\tfw_ilbe_ant.p3d:1, vertex: 2303, sum of weights is 2, should be 100 

And other messages a little different. If you want, I can send you my rpt file.

Hey @Jack Ost are you using version 1.2.1 by any chance? This build was borked from my side. Please use 1.2.2 that should fix the issue.

46 minutes ago, raspu86 said:

Hey @Jack Ost are you using version 1.2.1 by any chance? This build was borked from my side. Please use 1.2.2 that should fix the issue.

Unfortunately yes, I've the last version 1.2.2

And my rpt is deleted :/

Hey Raspu ! Awesome mod ! We are working on adopting it in our modpack, as it fits perfectly our needs. I was wondering if there is a documentation, anywhere ? In fact for the SATCOM antenna you said that the range of the radio is increased if the player is near the object, but you don't explain what "near" is. A few centimeters ? A few meters ? A hundred meters ? A thousand meters ? The same way, you said that the 3 different antennas have a specific range, but you don't give us the data. Or maybe you did but I don't see where ?

Thanks again for your awesome mod !

PS : another question, do the antenna type have any influence on the frequencies available for the radio ?

Edited by Cheitan
avoid double-posting

7 hours ago, Cheitan said:

t you don't give us the data. Or maybe you did but I don't see where ?

Hey @Cheitan,

the answers are hidden somwhere in the topic ;)

You need to be within 6 meters of the satcom antenna to get a range multiplier of 4 times your active radio range (this should basically cover the whole map depending on the radio). The ranges for the different antennas are:

Whip: tf_range = 17000
Whip extended: tf_range = 25000
Blade: tf_range = 18000
DD: tf_range = 15000

The default range for the TFAR backpack radio is 20000. Frequencies aren't touched at all.

• Like 2

as just a question of functionality, it seems that if one person drops a sat booster down, and another person walks up to it, the second person doesn't get the benefit of the booster.. however if someone drops a sat booster down elsewhere then gets into the range of the original sat booster they get boosted... does the action of dropping a booster down "enable" a person to use them or should anyone at any time in range of the booster gain it's benefit? sorry if I kinda talked in circles there, but one of our guys testing this mod couldn't transmit at boosted ranges using other peoples boosters until he threw down one of his own then he could use all of them..

Hello,

I would first off like to say that this mod is great! Our 75th RRC Team's Comms. Sergeants have been loving the packs and the SATCOM antennas. The boost given by the SATCOM allows Command and Control elements to stay within our ToC without having to Zeus teleport to hilltops to simulate radio tower boosts now.

I was wondering, if in theory, couldn't you make a similar object like the SATCOM that could work like a radio relay tower? One that either can be placed in editor, Zeus or a player that has the same boost capabilities as the SATCOM but a much wider radius for players to be standing in to get the benefits. Is that something we could possibly do ourselves with a custom config? (I am asking this without looking at it first, so this may just be me being totally ignorant if you can actually change the values). This may be a moot suggestion/request as TFAR is developing radio relay placeable objects, but I was moreso just wondering if that is something that is indeed possible.

5 hours ago, LeClair said:

Hello,

I would first off like to say that this mod is great! Our 75th RRC Team's Comms. Sergeants have been loving the packs and the SATCOM antennas. The boost given by the SATCOM allows Command and Control elements to stay within our ToC without having to Zeus teleport to hilltops to simulate radio tower boosts now.

I was wondering, if in theory, couldn't you make a similar object like the SATCOM that could work like a radio relay tower? One that either can be placed in editor, Zeus or a player that has the same boost capabilities as the SATCOM but a much wider radius for players to be standing in to get the benefits. Is that something we could possibly do ourselves with a custom config? (I am asking this without looking at it first, so this may just be me being totally ignorant if you can actually change the values). This may be a moot suggestion/request as TFAR is developing radio relay placeable objects, but I was moreso just wondering if that is something that is indeed possible.

git hub has a script that does just what your asking for

Edit: correction not his git hub but somewhere on git hub 

Edit 2: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/tree/feature/antenna/addons/antennas look's to be part of an upcoming tfr release 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scotty_Z said:

git hub has a script that does just what your asking for

Edit: correction not his git hub but somewhere on git hub 

Edit 2: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/tree/feature/antenna/addons/antennas look's to be part of an upcoming tfr release 

Oh man, this is great news! Looks like 1.0 release of TFAR is going to be brilliant! Thanks for the link, Scotty_Z!