Sign in to follow this  
jcleland

Weapon Cursor Always Visible Despite Profile Opt

Searched this, there are a couple of topics but neither helped. I've always used difficulty="regular" in my server.cfg for missions and my <profile>.arma3profile for class regular-flags-WeaponCursor=0.

This hasn't changed for over a year, but I logged into the server the other day and noticed that I had a weapon cursor. I've updated this dedicated server install a few times since actually playing on the server. Am I overlooking something?

I tried moving the profile location on the command line just to be sure the server was reading the correct config and files were created in the new location. reverted this change.

The dates on the files in the profile directory seem to be updated each time I start the server, so I'm guessing that the correct ones are being read.

My regular difficulty config looks like this:

class regular
{
class Flags
{
Armor=1;
FriendlyTag=1;
EnemyTag=0;
HUD=1;
HUDPerm=1;
HUDWp=1;
HUDWpPerm=1;
WeaponCursor=0;
AutoGuideAT=1;
3rdPersonView=1;
ClockIndicator=1;
Map=1;
AutoSpot=0;
UltraAI=0;
UnlimitedSaves=1;
DeathMessages=0;
NetStats=1;
VonID=0;
};
skillFriendly=0.80000001;
skillEnemy=0.75000006;
precisionFriendly=0.57999998;
precisionEnemy=0.57999998;
};

1.58 difficulty settings changed drastically, replace your existing with a copy of the "Configuration" in this link

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu

and edit accordingly

Did you look at this thread, just a few entries down ?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190130-difficulties-in-setting-difficulties-post-158/

or read the 1.58 changelog ?

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. I did eventually find the information on the difficulty changes. I've been away from the game for a few months and have some catching up to do.

I AM still stuck on 3rd person view in my configuration. I've defaulted my settings to Custom and specifically set this in the server.cfg due to my preference conflict between verteran and regular. Really, the only setting that keeps me from using veteran is the ability for users to play in 3rd person. In custom, this is set to true, but I am unable to switch in-game when testing this configuration. The other settings that I have defined in custom seem to apply, I must be missing something. Still working on this one.

Thanks again,

James

Edit: Issue appears to be resolved. viewed this thread, created simplified profile with single "CustomDifficulty" class and used "Custom" in mission class var. Works as expected. Made a few changes, effect realized. Moving on.