rekkless

ArmA Updates Are Really Feeling Rushed And I'm Seriously Questioning Buying Apex

You probably know that Bohemia has quality assurance team which test things accordingly but they can never catch every issue especially

with so many people running so many different mods, tweaks, servers.That is part of the game development.

I'm satisfied how they eliminate and prioritize game breaking issues when they are discovered.

Fixing the bugtracker would be a great start.
  • Like 1

The problem is not solved by switching to tbb4, just delayed. In Mutiplayer the maxium hazzle free playtime is now down to 30 minutes in CTI with an active town. After that time you need to restart to fix the low fps issue, loosing all progress. Neeless to say that is it pointless to play that way at all.

No, YOU need to restart after 30mins. My game (and many others') works fine for prolonged periods. What OS are you running? How much RAM do you have? Pagefile size? etc.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit with 16GB of RAM and have not crashed once (yet [sic]). Whilst I'm not saying "Go buy more RAM" or similar, I am saying if your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements, or if you're taxing the fuck out of it with demanding missions spawning thousands of guys in, don't expect it to work for long.

• Like 3

Speaking about updates, Nothing compares with Alpha sh1it. Alpha is where the game rules, All the rest are downgrades.

(blame me, just tell me where and when, if you have the balls)

Lol. Are you trying to be funny or is it for real ? I've never seen so many engine upgrades since OFP than with the last ArmA3 updates, so many things asked for years by the community that finally make its way into the game. FFV, weapon resting, 3d editor, Zeus, Helicopter realistic behaviour, sling loading, etc. etc.

• Like 1

No, YOU need to restart after 30mins. My game (and many others') works fine for prolonged periods. What OS are you running? How much RAM do you have? Pagefile size? etc.

I'm on Windows 10 64bit with 16GB of RAM and have not crashed once (yet [sic]). Whilst I'm not saying "Go buy more RAM" or similar, I am saying if your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements, or if you're taxing the fuck out of it with demanding missions spawning thousands of guys in, don't expect it to work for long.

Im playing on the same Acer Predator G3-605 system that ran BECTI pretty well at very high default until 1.58.

And no its not just me, the problem troubles a lot of player hence the current "need restart" message that screws the teamplay up.

Im playing on the same Acer Predator G3-605 system that ran BECTI pretty well at very high default until 1.58.

And no its not just me, the problem troubles a lot of player hence the current "need restart" message that screws the teamplay up.

Have you tried the latest 1.58 hotfix Release Candidate?

https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/725342561355833349

• Like 1

I can't say as I ever had that issue and I ALT-TAB out for many reasons, you know to open Teamspeak, get FRAPS started etc. So perhaps it didn't happen to BI in their QA sessions either...

I also never had this issue.

Interesting topic Reckless. 

I have thought about this lately myself, and while i may not fully agree that the updates feel rushed, (because i don't). I do agree that perhaps some sort of better communication with mod makers in regards to what changes are coming and how to prepare for them. I get the frustration, especially with the "mods getting broken with every update" feeling. But I don't necessarily think that BI should or can take every mod in to account when trying to make the best game they can. They as the developers should be focusing on the game that they end up releasing. What we know as the vanilla game. But again i agree with you on the mod breaking issue. Maybe more communication or something is the key. Its frustrating.

Ultimately I have always looked at ARMA 3 in the way that BI describes it. Its a constantly evolving "platform". The game released originally was just the foundation and over time more and more of the house gets built. Is this the best way to develop a game ? I have no clue as i am not a game developer. I would put my trust in BI in regards to that decision. But its definitely the way games are made now a days and i guess i have got used to it. I feel like all games are a constantly evolving and updating platform

So .... yeah i agree on some of your points. And don't know the solution haha. 

the solution could be to stay patient and wait for mod makers to update their content.I think BI releases like profiling branch in advance or

if mod maker want to include upcoming features he have to follow dev branch, bohemians sitreps.

Ta add on to your excellent opsixdelta post, developers because of modding community and their care for it, have to design

every feature, or system to be backwards compatible as much as is doable.

• Like 1

[...] developers because of modding community and their care for it, have to design

every feature, or system to be backwards compatible as much as is doable.

True, but some of the recent changes, the sound system for example, simply couldn't be made to be backwards compatible due to the widespread changes that were performed.

True, but some of the recent changes, the sound system for example, simply couldn't be made to be backwards compatible due to the widespread changes that were performed.

Correct.Almost a definition of the word "overhaul".

That's the thing I do want to buy APEX but I am not confident at all that it is going to be value for money, I am not confident it is going to work and I am not confident it is not going to break the shit out of my game.

Then wait until you are confident. You don't have to buy the expansion on release day. You aren't going to miss out on anything if you wait until a few patches are pushed.

Then wait until you are confident. You don't have to buy the expansion on release day. You aren't going to miss out on anything if you wait until a few patches are pushed.

And about the price, Apex is in sales now, by there will be other sales after its release.

can tell you this, each significant issue I've had with each recent patch I've noticed within 30 minutes of my very first game with each patch.

So much effing this.

I can immediately tell when something's gone wrong (or right, as in the case of un-spot-repped 1.58) from one patch to the next, and to have somebody tell you that what you're noticing is not real especially when you're somebody like myself, who does not play with a lot of variation but a lot of consistent variables is very discouraging. It's as if the issues leap out at me, and here I am facing insinuations or outright claims that it isn't happening.

I don't even know why these updates are happening if they're not fixing things and making things better, I'm not trying to shit on anyone, but it would be nice to just play the game and not get yanked about from problem to problem. Features are great, drastic alterations to how the game plays is not.

I'm not trying to be rude or mad or insulting. But game patches and update should be things to be excited for, to look forward to. But it has quickly turned into the "Ok, what is broken now" day.

This as well, now every time I see that blue "update queued" text in steam my stomach turns in a few knots, especially if I've set aside some time to enjoy playing Arma with the crazy expectation of you know, enjoying it.

Ultimately I have always looked at ARMA 3 in the way that BI describes it. Its a constantly evolving "platform". The game released originally was just the foundation and over time more and more of the house gets built. Is this the best way to develop a game ? I have no clue as i am not a game developer. I would put my trust in BI in regards to that decision. But its definitely the way games are made now a days and i guess i have got used to it. I feel like all games are a constantly evolving and updating platform

Good god no, there are some people who don't have the time to babysit and monitor changes that fundamentally alter the game, I think it's a way for BI to rationalize the costs of not starting a new project, at the expense of the end user. I just want to make use of what opportunities in my life that I have to play and actually ENJOY IT as opposed to trying to figure out how the game was screwed around and why a scenario I made the previous patch runs like total garbage now, that constitutes a tremendous amount of disrespect to the consumer IMO. Features are great, don't get me wrong, but at some point I would absolutely prefer consistency beyond a certain point instead of playing each iteration of the game as if the next update will render my present experience of unachievable. You end up feeling as if something is being pointlessly taken away from you and if there is no apparent good reason, it makes somebody who paid money for the experience feel like their enjoyment of the product does not matter.

This would not be an issue if we did not have updates forced upon us, and why is that anyhow? Is it because of piracy? Because it seems entirely counterintuitive to deprive a paying customer of the ability to get off the update train when it no longer serves to benefit them and have that ability ostensibly facilitated for those who don't pay for the game at all.

There is no way any other company would get away with a-priori rationalizing why somebody who bought a game at 1.0 release who cannot play it now, or does so with a dramatic reduction in performance because so many changes were made. That's pants-on-head insane.

I don't even know why these updates are happening if they're not fixing things and making things better, I'm not trying to shit on anyone, but it would be nice to just play the game and not get yanked about from problem to problem. Features are great, drastic alterations to how the game plays is not.

They are fixing things and making things better, have you noticed switch weapon on the move?

Added: An Arma 3 Apex control preset is now available for weapon switching and commanding of units

Added: Phase 2 of the Difficulty Overhaul is now implemented

Added: Action Menu Streamlining for weapon switching

Added: An ability to block the use of the free camera in the Virtual Spectator

Added: An ability to disable the focus info box in the Virtual Spectator

Added: A NATO skin for the Strider

Added: An oranje skin for the Zamak trucks

Added: A civilian version of the Zamak transport truck

Added: A blue skin for the PO-30 Orca helicopter

Added: Wreck visuals are now affected by the liveries of these vehicles:

ZSU-39 Tigris

BTR-K Kamysh

2S9 Sochor

T-100 Varsuk

Added: A new BIS_fnc_sunriseSunsetTime function (to get the time when sunrise and sunset occur, based on a given date and terrain latitude)

Added: Rotating the turret of the UGV Stomper RCWS now produces a sound

Added: A new respawn point notification can now be toggled in the respawn position module

Added: Soundsets and sound shaders were added for the sonic cracks of gatling weapons

Added: Command Actions to open the Command Menu and its relevant pages (for resolving weapon switching and command menu priorities). The presets were updated to reflect this.

Added: The Debug console is now using the new Virtual Spectator mode

Added: New camo selections (camo1, camo2, camo3) are now available for the Vermin SMG (based on a community request)

Added: A new camo selection is now available for the P07 handgun

Added: Functions BIS_fnc_netId, BIS_fnc_objectFromNetId, BIS_fnc_groupFromNetId (as SP/MP compatible variants for netId, objectFromNetId and groupFromNetId)

Added: An ability to override the default delay between objectives revealing in End Game scenarios

Tweaked: BIS_fnc_getName now performs faster with name clamping enabled

Tweaked: The soundShadersLimit parameter value was changed from 3 to 2

Tweaked: The BIS_fnc_splitString function can now split strings by string

Tweaked: The direction speed of an adjusted up BR prone animation was sped up

Tweaked: The rotating sound of the remote turrets has been changed

Tweaked: Elevating the turret of the Strider now produces a louder sound

Tweaked: Task names in End Game no longer include a task letter (it is now handled by the Tasks Overhaul implementation)

Tweaked: Reduced recoil of launchers

Tweaked: Several mono samples changed to stereo to improve the position of sounds

Tweaked: Some launcher sounds were improved

Tweaked: Distant explosion sounds are now more optimized

Tweaked: A potential performance increase when using the 30 mm multipurpose ammunition (e.g. on armored vehicles)

Tweaked: The damage dealt by guided and laser-guided 155 mm shells is now consistent

Tweaked: The sound of closure is now quieter for the GM-6 Lynx rifle

Tweaked: A potential audio-related performance increase when using the Wipeout’s gatling

Tweaked: An Armillion localization tweaks and fixes

Tweaked: Some shell tracers were scaled down

Tweaked: The direct damage values were slightly increased for the 120 mm and 155 mm anti-tank guided shells

Tweaked: The MX 6.5 mm (Black) rifle now uses a black bipod (instead of a sand one)

Tweaked: The BIS_fnc_inTrigger function was optimized

Tweaked: The difficultyEnabled script command was replaced with difficultyOption in the official content of the game

Tweaked: The character’s collision model for running with a rifle lowered was adjusted (this can help with characters being stuck in doors)

Tweaked: Patrolling soldiers removed from the destroyed Camp Maxwell in the Survive campaign episode

Tweaked: The BIS_fnc_playVideo function now calls a scripted callback BIS_fnc_playVideo_stopped

Tweaked: The transition speed between standing and kneeling (and vice versa) was decreased for the tactical pace

Fixed: An error would be logged to the RPT due to a misconfigured End Game module parameter

Fixed: Warm up animations would switch after a long delay in End Game

Fixed: End Game players could be respawned in water when no respawn position was selected

Fixed: A possible error connected to BIS_fnc_EGObjectiveVisualizer in End Game Feres

Fixed: Duplicated developer name in the credits

Fixed: The Team Switch menu would be shown even when the respawn menu configuration would not allow it

Fixed: Player could start Showcase Marksmen with some equipment missing

Fixed: The GM-6 Lynx rifle was missing a reload animation for swimming divers

Fixed: Limits for cargo gunners in the Mohawk and Hellcat (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27981)

Fixed: Characters are no longer allowed to fire their weapon during the binocular to primary weapon switch (stand, kneel, prone)

Fixed: Adjusted turret limits for the Kuma gun to prevent clipping of the cannon through the body

Fixed: House destruction was not audible at bigger distances

Fixed: Wrong pitch limits for the spectator free camera

Fixed: The AI would not work properly in some Barracks building variants

Fixed: Tasks could appear in an incorrect order in the Headhunters mission

Fixed: Mission ending would not be synchronized properly in the Tanks co-op mission

Fixed: The sound of closure was delayed for the GM-6 Lynx rifle

Fixed: Weapon Info for vehicles and static weapons was incorrectly placed

Fixed: Players were able to open the Virtual Arsenal on nearby containers while inside vehicles

Fixed: The UH-80 Ghost Hawk had some visual artifacts in distant LODs

Fixed: Script errors would appear when calling for an airdrop via the Support module

Fixed: Tracer magazines (with -T suffix) for armored vehicles were not using tracer ammunition in some cases

Fixed: The tracer magazine for M2A4 Slammer UP would not display correct values in the UI

Fixed: The Feedback FSM would run on Dedicated Servers and Headless Clients

Fixed: The transport helicopters called by the Supports module would sometimes refuse to move

Fixed: The “PLAY†button was overlapping in the Polish localization

Fixed: The text in the Splendid Camera’s Exit prompt window was not localized

Fixed: Some animations for weapon switching were not centered correctly

Fixed: The PiP mirrors were not enabled for the civilian Zamak truck

Fixed: Characters would be able to lean to the sides during the healing animation (causing glitches)

Tasks Overhaul:

Added: Official End Game scenarios now fully support Shared Objectives implementation

Added: Forcing a task to always show up in the 3D space is now supported

Eden Editor:

Added: A toggle for placing all vehicles as empty

Added: AllowFreeCamera and ShowFocusInfo can now be defined in the Eden Editor’s VirtualSpectator_F entity

Added: An option to disable the camera moving to a random position when launching Eden Editor

Added: Buttons to expand or collapse all items in the Entity List and the Asset Browser

Added: Dates of full and new moon are now marked in the Date attribute

Added: The sunrise and sunset times are now marked in the Time of the Day attribute

Added: Specific widgets can now be toggled on by the 1-4 keys

Added: A "Spectate in SP" Preview option is now available (starting the scenario as a spectator from the camera’s position)

Added: An ability to reset customized loadouts using a new Context Menu option "Reset Loadout"

Added: All black variants of the MX rifles are now available in the Eden Editor

Tweaked: The Splendid Camera can no longer be opened in the Eden Editor

Tweaked: The font size in code input attributes (e.g. object's init field) decreased to better match the general font size

Tweaked: The headgear randomization of FIA characters is now enabled again in Eden Editor scenarios

Tweaked: Editing a loadout in Eden Editor’s Arsenal will switch off the headgear randomization

Tweaked: The "Arsenal" Context Menu option has been renamed to "Edit Loadout"

Tweaked: Ruins of structures are available under their own names (they would inherit structures’ names previously)

Tweaked: The Stance can now accept the "AUTO" value

Tweaked: The Vehicle Lock was updated to accept the "LOCKEDPLAYER" value

Fixed: The Debug console was not available despite it being enabled

Fixed: Script error in the Eden Editor when users picked the "Play as a Character" option on a vehicle crew member with no weapons available

Fixed: It was not possible to change tags when publishing a scenario

Fixed: The Allow Manual Respawn multiplayer scenario attribute was not working (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188698-allowmanualrespawn-has-no-effect/)

Fixed: There were some strings missing in the Steam tags selection window

Fixed: Notifications about errors in scripted functions (e.g. BIS_fnc_error) were not displayed in the Eden Editor

Fixed: Audio previews didn't work when setting the music and sounds in trigger and waypoint attributes

Fixed: Incorrect respawn templates were selected when the Multiplayer Attributes window was accessed for the first time after loading a scenario

Fixed: The Show Model attribute worked in a reversed way (model was hidden when set to visible and vice versa)

Fixed: Script error messages would appear when using Support modules in Eden Editor

Fixed: The binarization options were not synchronized across Editor Attributes and the Save Mission dialog

Fixed: Information about placing empty vehicles was shown when searching in the Props tab (Ctrl + F)

Fixed: A land barrier fortification object was duplicated in Eden Editor (“Land_HBarrierBig_F†was removed while “Land_HBarrier_Big_F†stayed)

Fixed: A module argument in a combo box with a float value between 0.5 and 1 was always saved as 1 (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188779-eden-numeric-attributes-set-using-module-drop-down-menu-are-saved-only-as-integers-not-floats)

Fixed: Players would appear in the middle of the sea after respawning when the "Select Respawn Position" respawn template was selected and the Delay value set to 0

Fixed: Incorrect respawn templates for BIRD respawn types were used (the default are used now instead of the scenario configured ones)

Fixed: Sound lists in the attributes of waypoints and triggers were not sorted alphabetically (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188714-eden-editor-bugs/?p=2999960)

Fixed: A code execution from the Debug Console would not work after a scenario save (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188714-eden-editor-bugs/page-2#entry2999574)

Added: Weapon Switching on the Move

Added: It is possible to write multiple lines in multi-line edit boxes

Added: Second autosave (consider it a backup for cases like when the game autosaved while a bullet was on its way to you so loading would kill you again)

Added: A new VoN Codec implementation based on Opus (can be enabled by setting vonCodec = 1; in the server.cfg)

Added: Aligned allocators

Added: New commands: createSimpleObject, selectionNames, hideSelection (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187670-new-command-createobject-for-decorative-objects/)

Added: New script command flyInHeightASL

Added: Trails on the map can have a different style

Added: setWaypointForceBehaviour command, which disables auto-combat for the time of execution of a waypoint

Added: Support for a vehPriorityMask parameter for roads defined in RoadCfg, making it possible for a road to take priority over all other landscape fields in the cost map

Added: Character specialties can now be changed on-the-fly via script commands setUnitTrait / getUnitTrait (including custom specialties). Overrides are only active during the current scenario and specialties are stored in the AI brain, so it’s respawn-compatible.

Added: Shadow type can now be selected for listbox items separately (itemShadowLIcon, itemShadowRIcon, itemShadowLText and itemShadowRText) as well as for the whole control

Added: Mission event handler equivalents for old non-stackable event handlers

Added: volumeFactorMin for adding minimum to sound function (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27769)

Added: White-listing filePatching of specific Steam IDs via filePatchingExceptions in the server config

Added: A new roadAt script command

Added: A new displayParent scripting command

Added: A new getCameraViewDirection script command (the direction an entity is looking in)

Added: A new drawPolygon script command

Added: A new inArea script command (replacement of BIS_fnc_inTrigger)

Added: A new sideAmbientLife script command

Added: A new sideEmpty script command

Added: A new allLayers script command

Added: A new inArea script command

Added: A new moonPhase script command

Added: A new animateSource script command

Added: A new animationSourcePhase script command

Added: A new Reloaded Event Handler

Added: New Event Handlers GetInMan, GetOutMan and SeatSwitchedMan

Added: A new Vision Aid difficulty option

Added: Script command configSourceAddonList for getting a list of addons that modified the given config class

Added: A new weapon animation source “trigger†(synchronous with character animation "triggerAnim")

Added: An ability to set a limit for reporting how long it takes for a callExtension to be called on Dedicated Servers (callExtReportLimit parameter in server.cfg)

Added: A new canSuspend script command (returns true if the execution of a script can be suspended in the current environment)

Added: Support for '\n' for CEdit and CStatic as a new line input from user

Added: Double clicking on a word in edit boxes now selects it

Added: Command Menu - resolving commanding priorities and adding new actions

Added: A new difficultyOption script command

Added: A new diag_codePerformance script command

Added: Additional reporting of ErrorMessages to the RPT file to help solve crashes

Tweaked: Potential clutter optimizations

Tweaked: Updated PhysX libraries

Tweaked: When automatically deselecting a launcher, only a valid weapon is selected

Tweaked: Weapon switching takes priority over command menu interaction while the menu is not open. Toggle the menu by using the ‘select all’ action, and close the menu by using any (even disabled or invisible) command action

Tweaked: The operands help for the getMissionConfigVal command were changed

Tweaked: Redundant information logged to the RPT by servers is now removed

Tweaked: Artillery computer now turns the “Fire†button red when the turret is not yet adjusted / aimed

Tweaked: Ropes can be attached to static objects again now

Tweaked: Team Switch is available from the map again

Tweaked: cutXXX script commands now support layer names

Tweaked: cutXXX commands now add a default cut layer when no other is available

Tweaked: The frequency of "Low ammo" and "No ammo" reports by the AI is now lower

Tweaked: Calculations of the positions of sky objects and the moonPhase command are now more optimized

Tweaked: Potential optimizations for particle effects for projectiles hitting a surface

Tweaked: The GetInMan and GetOutMan Event Handlers now contain information about the turretPath

Tweaked: The moonPhase command now returns the result in a normalized range

Tweaked: The Clock Indicator is no longer part of the difficulty settings (feature was switched off a long time ago, but the option remained in the UI)

Tweaked: The modifiable difficulty levels are now parts of the difficulty presets

Tweaked: Replaced the listbox with difficulty presets by a Game Options button on the Create Game screen

Tweaked: Sound - Handling of usage of undesirable cpuCount=1 (multi-threading)

Tweaked: An attempt to generating more useful dumps and reports during certain terminal error messages

Tweaked: The moonPhase script command is no longer part of the development category

Tweaked: Potential performance improvement for bullet particle effects

Tweaked: Command waypointGetForceBehaviour was renamed to waypointForceBehaviour

Tweaked: Auto-guiding of AT rockets is no longer tied to the difficulty settings

Tweaked: The Difficulty menu and its options were transformed

Tweaked: The difficultyEnabled command was made obsolete and now always returns false

Fixed: Further fixes for serialization of network messages

Fixed: Script variables handling config entries from description.ext are properly serialized (save / load) and can be passed through in MP (e.g. publicVariable)

Fixed: Finding a dead body will no longer trigger combat mode if there was no killer (killed by Divine Script Intervention)

Fixed: Mass of the backpacks removed by clearBackpackCargo/Global was not cleared (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27609)

Fixed: Black clouds in certain altitudes

Fixed: menuEnabled returned incorrect values (this could crash the game on certain occasions)

Fixed: USER_DEFINED markers were not unique, which resulted in duplication (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19879)

Fixed: Map marker would disappear when moved close to the edges of the screen

Fixed: triggerArea returned wrong data under certain conditions

Fixed: The ctrlType command always returned 0 for map controls

Fixed: Crash when hiding a selection on an empty launcher that was different than hiding on a loaded launcher

Fixed: Solving a rare LAN server enumeration problem

Fixed: Using db values in CfgSoundShader would not work (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27770)

Fixed: Zero space characters were not handled properly in some languages (e.g. Italian)

Fixed: Connecting to a server via a start-up parameter would not work correctly without a port number entered

Fixed: Personal waypoint could not be deleted when controlling a UAV

Fixed: An incorrect speed value would be shown during a freefall

Fixed: Sound - Attempt to address a potential crash

Fixed: The setVelocity command could affect static objects in some cases

Fixed: Static objects would move when pulled with a rope

Fixed: Possible crash connected to missionConfigFile variables

Fixed: Terrain decals would be malformed in some cases

Fixed: The player camera would show an incorrect view when switching from a vehicle’s gunner seat

Fixed: The createObject command had an incorrect syntax help

Fixed: A possible crash when Steam was not initialized properly

Fixed: A possible crash caused by the cutObj command

Fixed: Some objects would hover when an object under them was destroyed

Fixed: A possible crash connected with the createObject object command

Fixed: The lockAcquire command would not work if the automaticLA parameter was set for it

Fixed: The step-over action could be called with no animation state defined

Fixed: Turrets would be created with their lights switched on

Fixed: Some set limits for the Virtual Spectator camera were ignored

Fixed: The moon phase and direction were not calculated properly

Fixed: Switching to a secondary weapon from the binoculars would switch to a primary weapon first

Fixed: Shapes with no names would be automatically put into the shape bank and cause crashes

Fixed: The “Ban†button would not work for logged in admins on their servers

Fixed: The positions of the old and new magazines were in the opposite order in the Reloaded Event Handler array

Fixed: The Page Description tab would not be resized correctly for a content intended to be on the top

Fixed: The M2A1 Slammer would shake when reversing

Fixed: A potential crash when the leader of a group was missing

Fixed: Line breaking would not work correctly for Unicode characters in CStatic / CEdit controls

Fixed: Vehicle gunners would not see the targets assigned to them by their commander in some cases

Fixed: Sound and flash suppressors would not heat up in Thermal Imaging

Fixed: AI characters could enter disassembled vehicles

Fixed: Players could heal themselves near every vehicle with a Combat Life Saver inside

Fixed: The AI tank drivers would disobey commanders’ orders in some cases (e.g. to avoid obstacles when driving forward)

Fixed: The PreloadFinished Event Handler was not working in the multiplayer environment

Fixed: The rudder curve was incorrectly set for airplanes

Fixed: The one parameter of the remoteExecCall command was not called in a scheduled environment

Fixed: Some explosion sounds would not be audible inside of vehicles

Fixed: The Engage and Target texts under the target icon were overlapping (only one will display now)

Fixed: Remote vehicle wheels would spin slowly when in the air

Fixed: A potential invalid memory access when simulating PhysX tank wheels

Fixed: The “Fire†key could not select a menu item in some cases (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/?p=2997097)

Fixed: A potential crash connected to the file system

Fixed: A potential crash when accessing an inventory of a removed unit

Fixed: Vehicles with the hideObject set to 1 would fall under the surface after a save file was loaded

Fixed: The Animal FSM was not loaded correctly

Fixed: An object hidden via the hideObject command would not be hidden after loading a save file

Fixed: Sound resources were not properly released, possibly causing cracking sounds

Fixed: Characters would have an incorrect FFV animation when switching a stance while getting in a vehicle

Fixed: The isNumber command would return false for large numbers (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26663)

Fixed: Aiming down the sights while switching the weapons would cause some glitches

Fixed: Characters would get stuck in place after trying to launch a missile while switching to a launcher

Fixed: Characters were unable to heal themselves at medical vehicles (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/page-948#entry3003086)

Fixed: it was possible to fire a weapon while switching it for another one

Fixed: Turning on the NVG was not possible for passenger seats in vehicles (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23649)

Fixed: Animations would blend incorrectly when switching a weapon while switching a weapon

Fixed: A potential crash when a mortar is destroyed while players use the Artillery Computer

Fixed: AI would not hear orders when the game is run with the -noSound start-up parameter (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/page-942)

Fixed: The difficulty settings were not applied correctly to directly hosted multiplayer games

Fixed: A potential crash connected to the isOnRoad script command

Fixed: A potential crash when leaving the water

Tasks Overhaul:

Added: Tasks Overhaul: 3D Markers, Map Markers, Diary Tasks, Debriefing, Task Overview and uiDraw refactoring

Added: A fade-out timer for the Tasks Overview

Tweaked: Tasks presentation for unknown object positions was improved

Tweaked: The setSimpleTaskCore command was renamed to setSimpleTaskAlwaysVisible

Tweaked: A default task icon is now displayed if the specified type is not found

Tweaked: It is now possible to assign an object memory point for a task marker

Tweaked: Some unfinished Shared Objectives functionality was removed or shifted to the Diary

Fixed: A possible crash in the map interface

Fixed: The task marker text would not show correctly in some cases

Fixed: Tasks could not be deselected in the map interface

Fixed: A scroll bar would be visible in the Diary tab

Fixed: Group markers would always be drawn above a player, not the group leader

Fixed: A potential crash when unassigning from a task via the map interface

Fixed: Task markers were not placed correctly to their memory points

Fixed: A potential crash connected to the setSimpleTaskCustomData script command

Fixed: A relative path to the Task Type texture was not read correctly

Fixed: A marker of a selected task would not always be visible on top

Fixed: All tasks would display after closing the map (only the active ones should be visible)

Eden Editor:

Added: Custom Compositions

Added: CTRL+A shortcut can be now used in the Edit list

Added: Placing entities by double-clicking on an empty Eden scene

Added: A notification when attempting to export / publish an unsaved scenario

Added: Icons that show the current state of a layer (e.g. hidden, disabled) in the Edit List

Added: Pasting a unit into a non-player scenario will make the unit a player

Tweaked: Pasted units are now named consistently (copying _001 will paste _002 instead of an incorrect _2)

Tweaked: The distinction between dragging and clicking is now clearer

Tweaked: When you edit only a single object, its name is now in the attribute window title instead of generic "edit object"

Tweaked: Prepared support for collapse all and expand all buttons for the edit tree

Tweaked: Vehicle crew positions are now stored in the mission SQM (allows for more specific crew selections)

Tweaked: Synchronization is now done to a vehicle, not its effective commander (the commander can be synchronized specifically)

Fixed: Players could spawn as seagulls instead of playable Logics in some cases

Fixed: Some text in the Eden Editor’s history list would be missing when using a script command to delete objects

Fixed: Some logic attributes were not backwards-compatible

Fixed: Custom attribute expressions might have been formatted incorrectly (e.g. removing % expressions)

Fixed: Custom global attributes were not called on all clients in the multiplayer environment

Fixed: Previews of elliptic area markers were not visible

Fixed: The scaling widget was scaling map markers too rapidly

Fixed: Missing author serialization support in SQMs

Fixed: 2D Editor scenarios were imported to the Eden Editor without the Intro and Outro sections

Fixed: The NVS scope could lose its night sight after dropping a weapon down and picking it back up

Fixed: Expression formatting was not correct

Fixed: The global Intel attributes were not restored properly after a scenario was loaded

Fixed: Some vehicles were not synchronized when imported from the 2D Editor (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188236-eden-no-more-supply-drop-or-cas-support/)

Fixed: Users are no longer asked to create a server more often than is necessary

Fixed: Copy operations were renaming objects even if their names were unique (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188544-paste-with-1-only-if-there-already-is-a-variable-with-same-name-please/)

Fixed: Messages asserting no player was available when importing a 2D editor scenario

Fixed: The inability to change a vehicle’s crew character types was not communicated properly

Fixed: A group without a leader assigned would spam the RPT file with error messages

Fixed: A marker would miss its preview when being dragged

Fixed: The Type Change attribute was present in cases when it had no effect

Fixed: Vehicle crews would be created outside of their vehicle when in a different layer

Fixed: Vehicle crews would be created outside of their vehicle in Eden Editor

Fixed: The Edit Type attribute would not work for editing groups

Fixed: Moving units via the map would be put them in the air

Fixed: Unit group numbers in the scenario lobby would not reflect their actual positions in groups

Fixed: Binarized scenarios could not be read by the campaign dialog

Fixed: Variable names could be duplicated with no warning

Fixed: Markers were incorrectly checked for a duplicated variable name

Fixed: A crash when exiting the game from the Eden Editor scene

Fixed: Attribute changes could not be confirmed if Variable Name was used

Fixed: The Delete and Edit icons were available for compositions without any functionality

Fixed: A pasted marker’s name was not derived from the original marker

Fixed: The CTRL+S shortcut used in the Eden Editor’s map interface would affect the map movement (fixed for all CTRL modified keys)

Fixed: The Scenario temporary files would not be deleted after opening another scenario in the Eden Editor

Fixed: Placing down multiple entities by holding the CTRL key would work only for empty objects

Fixed: Trigger without a name was registering itself as an empty string

Fixed: Remote Execution would not work correctly after a scenario was saved or loaded in the Eden Editor

Fixed: Markers in custom layers were not visible on maps

Fixed: An arrow was pointing in the opposite direction when rotating entities on the map

Added: A pop-up dialog displaying a message appears when an error in the Launcher occurs

Tweaked: The visual presentation of embedded Youtube and Twitter content was improved

Tweaked: The Difficulty selection in Launcher now corresponds with the Difficulty Overhaul

Tweaked: Visual C++ run-time pre-requirements check was removed (the files are distributed with Launcher)

Fixed: A potential crash connected with the usage of the scroll mouse wheel on the loading status bar

Fixed: Potential crashes connected to Steam

Fixed: Some AI commands would not work for the Linux version of the server executable

Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.58)

Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.58)

Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410

Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)

Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;dlcbundle to your arma3server.exe shortcut

Big features require drastic alteration and sometimes it brings nasty bug along with it.Good for every

development studio this game breaking bugs or big performance issues (that prevents you to play game)

are prioritized over everything else.(hence recent fix in regards to fps drop throughout the game)

TO: Arma 3 Users

UNIT: Main Branch (Windows)

ACTIVITY: Hotfix: 1.58 (System Allocator Performance, Server Difficulty Settings, Crash Fixes)

SIZE: ~27 MB / ~6.5 MB

NOTES

Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.

Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.

A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.56). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy156

This update does not apply to the experimental Linux and Mac port betas at time of writing. We'll be updating those as soon as possible.

You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).

Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.

NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2016 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX® are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.

In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q. or BattlEye F.A.Q.

You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

CHANGELOG

Fixed: Using the system memory allocator would cause a heavy performance degradation

Fixed: Potential data corruption when transferring server browser data through Steam

Fixed: Crash when accessing a non-existent task

Fixed: Potential crashes

Fixed: The Difficulty tab was disabled after a first scenario on a Dedicated Server ended

Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (hotfix 1.58)

Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (hotfix 1.58)

Known issue: Steam client modifies the steam_appid.txt file incorrectly. In case of issues, verify its content is: 107410

Known issue: Sometimes the add-ons are loaded from the wrong installation (e.g. main game)

Try adding -mod=curator;kart;heli;mark;dlcbundle to your arma3server.exe shortcut

I understand the frustration of a patch not being perfect and cutting into some game time. hell I'm only getting home now and will probably if I'm lucky get a few hours tonight to play. But to wish patches didn't happen is ridiculous. For the most part updates have added alot more depth to the game since alpha.

That would essentially say no new sound. Which alone is amazeballs alot of hard work. With even still more to come. the new visuals on 1.60 development branch are sweet I want em now.

This would not be an issue if we did not have updates forced upon us, and why is that anyhow? Is it because of piracy? Because it seems entirely counterintuitive to deprive a paying customer of the ability to get off the update train when it no longer serves to benefit them and have that ability ostensibly facilitated for those who don't pay for the game at all.

no one forces you to update. you can switch yoru steam to offline mode.

And last time i checked, you could go back at least one patch iteration anyways

• Like 3

They are fixing things and making things better, have you noticed switch weapon on the move?

Added: An Arma 3 Apex control preset is now available for weapon switching and commanding of units

Added: Phase 2 of the Difficulty Overhaul is now implemented

Added: Action Menu Streamlining for weapon switching

Added: An ability to block the use of the free camera in the Virtual Spectator

Added: An ability to disable the focus info box in the Virtual Spectator

Added: A NATO skin for the Strider

Added: An oranje skin for the Zamak trucks

Added: A civilian version of the Zamak transport truck

Added: A blue skin for the PO-30 Orca helicopter

Added: Wreck visuals are now affected by the liveries of these vehicles:

ZSU-39 Tigris

BTR-K Kamysh

2S9 Sochor

T-100 Varsuk

Added: A new BIS_fnc_sunriseSunsetTime function (to get the time when sunrise and sunset occur, based on a given date and terrain latitude)

Added: Rotating the turret of the UGV Stomper RCWS now produces a sound

Added: A new respawn point notification can now be toggled in the respawn position module

Added: Soundsets and sound shaders were added for the sonic cracks of gatling weapons

Added: Command Actions to open the Command Menu and its relevant pages (for resolving weapon switching and command menu priorities). The presets were updated to reflect this.

Added: The Debug console is now using the new Virtual Spectator mode

Added: New camo selections (camo1, camo2, camo3) are now available for the Vermin SMG (based on a community request)

Added: A new camo selection is now available for the P07 handgun

Added: Functions BIS_fnc_netId, BIS_fnc_objectFromNetId, BIS_fnc_groupFromNetId (as SP/MP compatible variants for netId, objectFromNetId and groupFromNetId)

Added: An ability to override the default delay between objectives revealing in End Game scenarios

Tweaked: BIS_fnc_getName now performs faster with name clamping enabled

Tweaked: The soundShadersLimit parameter value was changed from 3 to 2

Tweaked: The BIS_fnc_splitString function can now split strings by string

Tweaked: The direction speed of an adjusted up BR prone animation was sped up

Tweaked: The rotating sound of the remote turrets has been changed

Tweaked: Elevating the turret of the Strider now produces a louder sound

Tweaked: Task names in End Game no longer include a task letter (it is now handled by the Tasks Overhaul implementation)

Tweaked: Reduced recoil of launchers

Tweaked: Several mono samples changed to stereo to improve the position of sounds

Tweaked: Some launcher sounds were improved

Tweaked: Distant explosion sounds are now more optimized

Tweaked: A potential performance increase when using the 30 mm multipurpose ammunition (e.g. on armored vehicles)

Tweaked: The damage dealt by guided and laser-guided 155 mm shells is now consistent

Tweaked: The sound of closure is now quieter for the GM-6 Lynx rifle

Tweaked: A potential audio-related performance increase when using the Wipeout’s gatling

Tweaked: An Armillion localization tweaks and fixes

Tweaked: Some shell tracers were scaled down

Tweaked: The direct damage values were slightly increased for the 120 mm and 155 mm anti-tank guided shells

Tweaked: The MX 6.5 mm (Black) rifle now uses a black bipod (instead of a sand one)

Tweaked: The BIS_fnc_inTrigger function was optimized

Tweaked: The difficultyEnabled script command was replaced with difficultyOption in the official content of the game

Tweaked: The character’s collision model for running with a rifle lowered was adjusted (this can help with characters being stuck in doors)

Tweaked: Patrolling soldiers removed from the destroyed Camp Maxwell in the Survive campaign episode

Tweaked: The BIS_fnc_playVideo function now calls a scripted callback BIS_fnc_playVideo_stopped

Tweaked: The transition speed between standing and kneeling (and vice versa) was decreased for the tactical pace

Fixed: An error would be logged to the RPT due to a misconfigured End Game module parameter

Fixed: Warm up animations would switch after a long delay in End Game

Fixed: End Game players could be respawned in water when no respawn position was selected

Fixed: A possible error connected to BIS_fnc_EGObjectiveVisualizer in End Game Feres

Fixed: Duplicated developer name in the credits

Fixed: The Team Switch menu would be shown even when the respawn menu configuration would not allow it

Fixed: Player could start Showcase Marksmen with some equipment missing

Fixed: The GM-6 Lynx rifle was missing a reload animation for swimming divers

Fixed: Limits for cargo gunners in the Mohawk and Hellcat (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27981)

Fixed: Characters are no longer allowed to fire their weapon during the binocular to primary weapon switch (stand, kneel, prone)

Fixed: Adjusted turret limits for the Kuma gun to prevent clipping of the cannon through the body

Fixed: House destruction was not audible at bigger distances

Fixed: Wrong pitch limits for the spectator free camera

Fixed: The AI would not work properly in some Barracks building variants

Fixed: Tasks could appear in an incorrect order in the Headhunters mission

Fixed: Mission ending would not be synchronized properly in the Tanks co-op mission

Fixed: The sound of closure was delayed for the GM-6 Lynx rifle

Fixed: Weapon Info for vehicles and static weapons was incorrectly placed

Fixed: Players were able to open the Virtual Arsenal on nearby containers while inside vehicles

Fixed: The UH-80 Ghost Hawk had some visual artifacts in distant LODs

Fixed: Script errors would appear when calling for an airdrop via the Support module

Fixed: Tracer magazines (with -T suffix) for armored vehicles were not using tracer ammunition in some cases

Fixed: The tracer magazine for M2A4 Slammer UP would not display correct values in the UI

Fixed: The Feedback FSM would run on Dedicated Servers and Headless Clients

Fixed: The transport helicopters called by the Supports module would sometimes refuse to move

Fixed: The “PLAY†button was overlapping in the Polish localization

Fixed: The text in the Splendid Camera’s Exit prompt window was not localized

Fixed: Some animations for weapon switching were not centered correctly

Fixed: The PiP mirrors were not enabled for the civilian Zamak truck

Fixed: Characters would be able to lean to the sides during the healing animation (causing glitches)

Tasks Overhaul:

Added: Official End Game scenarios now fully support Shared Objectives implementation

Added: Forcing a task to always show up in the 3D space is now supported

Eden Editor:

Added: A toggle for placing all vehicles as empty

Added: AllowFreeCamera and ShowFocusInfo can now be defined in the Eden Editor’s VirtualSpectator_F entity

Added: An option to disable the camera moving to a random position when launching Eden Editor

Added: Buttons to expand or collapse all items in the Entity List and the Asset Browser

Added: Dates of full and new moon are now marked in the Date attribute

Added: The sunrise and sunset times are now marked in the Time of the Day attribute

Added: Specific widgets can now be toggled on by the 1-4 keys

Added: A "Spectate in SP" Preview option is now available (starting the scenario as a spectator from the camera’s position)

Added: An ability to reset customized loadouts using a new Context Menu option "Reset Loadout"

Added: All black variants of the MX rifles are now available in the Eden Editor

Tweaked: The Splendid Camera can no longer be opened in the Eden Editor

Tweaked: The font size in code input attributes (e.g. object's init field) decreased to better match the general font size

Tweaked: The headgear randomization of FIA characters is now enabled again in Eden Editor scenarios

Tweaked: Editing a loadout in Eden Editor’s Arsenal will switch off the headgear randomization

Tweaked: The "Arsenal" Context Menu option has been renamed to "Edit Loadout"

Tweaked: Ruins of structures are available under their own names (they would inherit structures’ names previously)

Tweaked: The Stance can now accept the "AUTO" value

Tweaked: The Vehicle Lock was updated to accept the "LOCKEDPLAYER" value

Fixed: The Debug console was not available despite it being enabled

Fixed: Script error in the Eden Editor when users picked the "Play as a Character" option on a vehicle crew member with no weapons available

Fixed: It was not possible to change tags when publishing a scenario

Fixed: The Allow Manual Respawn multiplayer scenario attribute was not working (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188698-allowmanualrespawn-has-no-effect/)

Fixed: There were some strings missing in the Steam tags selection window

Fixed: Notifications about errors in scripted functions (e.g. BIS_fnc_error) were not displayed in the Eden Editor

Fixed: Audio previews didn't work when setting the music and sounds in trigger and waypoint attributes

Fixed: Incorrect respawn templates were selected when the Multiplayer Attributes window was accessed for the first time after loading a scenario

Fixed: The Show Model attribute worked in a reversed way (model was hidden when set to visible and vice versa)

Fixed: Script error messages would appear when using Support modules in Eden Editor

Fixed: The binarization options were not synchronized across Editor Attributes and the Save Mission dialog

Fixed: Information about placing empty vehicles was shown when searching in the Props tab (Ctrl + F)

Fixed: A land barrier fortification object was duplicated in Eden Editor (“Land_HBarrierBig_F†was removed while “Land_HBarrier_Big_F†stayed)

Fixed: A module argument in a combo box with a float value between 0.5 and 1 was always saved as 1 (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188779-eden-numeric-attributes-set-using-module-drop-down-menu-are-saved-only-as-integers-not-floats)

Fixed: Players would appear in the middle of the sea after respawning when the "Select Respawn Position" respawn template was selected and the Delay value set to 0

Fixed: Incorrect respawn templates for BIRD respawn types were used (the default are used now instead of the scenario configured ones)

Fixed: Sound lists in the attributes of waypoints and triggers were not sorted alphabetically (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188714-eden-editor-bugs/?p=2999960)

Fixed: A code execution from the Debug Console would not work after a scenario save (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188714-eden-editor-bugs/page-2#entry2999574)

Added: Weapon Switching on the Move

Added: It is possible to write multiple lines in multi-line edit boxes

Added: Second autosave (consider it a backup for cases like when the game autosaved while a bullet was on its way to you so loading would kill you again)

Added: A new VoN Codec implementation based on Opus (can be enabled by setting vonCodec = 1; in the server.cfg)

Added: Aligned allocators

Added: New commands: createSimpleObject, selectionNames, hideSelection (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187670-new-command-createobject-for-decorative-objects/)

Added: New script command flyInHeightASL

Added: Trails on the map can have a different style

Added: setWaypointForceBehaviour command, which disables auto-combat for the time of execution of a waypoint

Added: Support for a vehPriorityMask parameter for roads defined in RoadCfg, making it possible for a road to take priority over all other landscape fields in the cost map

Added: Character specialties can now be changed on-the-fly via script commands setUnitTrait / getUnitTrait (including custom specialties). Overrides are only active during the current scenario and specialties are stored in the AI brain, so it’s respawn-compatible.

Added: Shadow type can now be selected for listbox items separately (itemShadowLIcon, itemShadowRIcon, itemShadowLText and itemShadowRText) as well as for the whole control

Added: Mission event handler equivalents for old non-stackable event handlers

Added: volumeFactorMin for adding minimum to sound function (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27769)

Added: White-listing filePatching of specific Steam IDs via filePatchingExceptions in the server config

Added: A new roadAt script command

Added: A new displayParent scripting command

Added: A new getCameraViewDirection script command (the direction an entity is looking in)

Added: A new drawPolygon script command

Added: A new inArea script command (replacement of BIS_fnc_inTrigger)

Added: A new sideAmbientLife script command

Added: A new sideEmpty script command

Added: A new allLayers script command

Added: A new inArea script command

Added: A new moonPhase script command

Added: A new animateSource script command

Added: A new animationSourcePhase script command

Added: A new Reloaded Event Handler

Added: New Event Handlers GetInMan, GetOutMan and SeatSwitchedMan

Added: A new Vision Aid difficulty option

Added: Script command configSourceAddonList for getting a list of addons that modified the given config class

Added: A new weapon animation source “trigger†(synchronous with character animation "triggerAnim")

Added: An ability to set a limit for reporting how long it takes for a callExtension to be called on Dedicated Servers (callExtReportLimit parameter in server.cfg)

Added: A new canSuspend script command (returns true if the execution of a script can be suspended in the current environment)

Added: Support for '\n' for CEdit and CStatic as a new line input from user

Added: Double clicking on a word in edit boxes now selects it

Added: Command Menu - resolving commanding priorities and adding new actions

Added: A new difficultyOption script command

Added: A new diag_codePerformance script command

Added: Additional reporting of ErrorMessages to the RPT file to help solve crashes

Tweaked: Potential clutter optimizations

Tweaked: Updated PhysX libraries

Tweaked: When automatically deselecting a launcher, only a valid weapon is selected

Tweaked: Weapon switching takes priority over command menu interaction while the menu is not open. Toggle the menu by using the ‘select all’ action, and close the menu by using any (even disabled or invisible) command action

Tweaked: The operands help for the getMissionConfigVal command were changed

Tweaked: Redundant information logged to the RPT by servers is now removed

Tweaked: Artillery computer now turns the “Fire†button red when the turret is not yet adjusted / aimed

Tweaked: Ropes can be attached to static objects again now

Tweaked: Team Switch is available from the map again

Tweaked: cutXXX script commands now support layer names

Tweaked: cutXXX commands now add a default cut layer when no other is available

Tweaked: The frequency of "Low ammo" and "No ammo" reports by the AI is now lower

Tweaked: Calculations of the positions of sky objects and the moonPhase command are now more optimized

Tweaked: Potential optimizations for particle effects for projectiles hitting a surface

Tweaked: The GetInMan and GetOutMan Event Handlers now contain information about the turretPath

Tweaked: The moonPhase command now returns the result in a normalized range

Tweaked: The Clock Indicator is no longer part of the difficulty settings (feature was switched off a long time ago, but the option remained in the UI)

Tweaked: The modifiable difficulty levels are now parts of the difficulty presets

Tweaked: Replaced the listbox with difficulty presets by a Game Options button on the Create Game screen

Tweaked: Sound - Handling of usage of undesirable cpuCount=1 (multi-threading)

Tweaked: An attempt to generating more useful dumps and reports during certain terminal error messages

Tweaked: The moonPhase script command is no longer part of the development category

Tweaked: Potential performance improvement for bullet particle effects

Tweaked: Command waypointGetForceBehaviour was renamed to waypointForceBehaviour

Tweaked: Auto-guiding of AT rockets is no longer tied to the difficulty settings

Tweaked: The Difficulty menu and its options were transformed

Tweaked: The difficultyEnabled command was made obsolete and now always returns false

Fixed: Further fixes for serialization of network messages

Fixed: Script variables handling config entries from description.ext are properly serialized (save / load) and can be passed through in MP (e.g. publicVariable)

Fixed: Finding a dead body will no longer trigger combat mode if there was no killer (killed by Divine Script Intervention)

Fixed: Mass of the backpacks removed by clearBackpackCargo/Global was not cleared (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27609)

Fixed: Black clouds in certain altitudes

Fixed: menuEnabled returned incorrect values (this could crash the game on certain occasions)

Fixed: USER_DEFINED markers were not unique, which resulted in duplication (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=19879)

Fixed: Map marker would disappear when moved close to the edges of the screen

Fixed: The ctrlType command always returned 0 for map controls

Fixed: Crash when hiding a selection on an empty launcher that was different than hiding on a loaded launcher

Fixed: Solving a rare LAN server enumeration problem

Fixed: Using db values in CfgSoundShader would not work (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27770)

Fixed: Zero space characters were not handled properly in some languages (e.g. Italian)

Fixed: Connecting to a server via a start-up parameter would not work correctly without a port number entered

Fixed: Personal waypoint could not be deleted when controlling a UAV

Fixed: An incorrect speed value would be shown during a freefall

Fixed: Sound - Attempt to address a potential crash

Fixed: The setVelocity command could affect static objects in some cases

Fixed: Static objects would move when pulled with a rope

Fixed: Possible crash connected to missionConfigFile variables

Fixed: Terrain decals would be malformed in some cases

Fixed: The player camera would show an incorrect view when switching from a vehicle’s gunner seat

Fixed: The createObject command had an incorrect syntax help

Fixed: A possible crash when Steam was not initialized properly

Fixed: A possible crash caused by the cutObj command

Fixed: Some objects would hover when an object under them was destroyed

Fixed: A possible crash connected with the createObject object command

Fixed: The lockAcquire command would not work if the automaticLA parameter was set for it

Fixed: The step-over action could be called with no animation state defined

Fixed: Turrets would be created with their lights switched on

Fixed: Some set limits for the Virtual Spectator camera were ignored

Fixed: The moon phase and direction were not calculated properly

Fixed: Switching to a secondary weapon from the binoculars would switch to a primary weapon first

Fixed: Shapes with no names would be automatically put into the shape bank and cause crashes

Fixed: The “Ban†button would not work for logged in admins on their servers

Fixed: The positions of the old and new magazines were in the opposite order in the Reloaded Event Handler array

Fixed: The Page Description tab would not be resized correctly for a content intended to be on the top

Fixed: The M2A1 Slammer would shake when reversing

Fixed: A potential crash when the leader of a group was missing

Fixed: Line breaking would not work correctly for Unicode characters in CStatic / CEdit controls

Fixed: Vehicle gunners would not see the targets assigned to them by their commander in some cases

Fixed: Sound and flash suppressors would not heat up in Thermal Imaging

Fixed: AI characters could enter disassembled vehicles

Fixed: Players could heal themselves near every vehicle with a Combat Life Saver inside

Fixed: The AI tank drivers would disobey commanders’ orders in some cases (e.g. to avoid obstacles when driving forward)

Fixed: The PreloadFinished Event Handler was not working in the multiplayer environment

Fixed: The rudder curve was incorrectly set for airplanes

Fixed: The one parameter of the remoteExecCall command was not called in a scheduled environment

Fixed: Some explosion sounds would not be audible inside of vehicles

Fixed: The Engage and Target texts under the target icon were overlapping (only one will display now)

Fixed: Remote vehicle wheels would spin slowly when in the air

Fixed: A potential invalid memory access when simulating PhysX tank wheels

Fixed: The “Fire†key could not select a menu item in some cases (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/?p=2997097)

Fixed: A potential crash connected to the file system

Fixed: A potential crash when accessing an inventory of a removed unit

Fixed: Vehicles with the hideObject set to 1 would fall under the surface after a save file was loaded

Fixed: The Animal FSM was not loaded correctly

Fixed: An object hidden via the hideObject command would not be hidden after loading a save file

Fixed: Sound resources were not properly released, possibly causing cracking sounds

Fixed: Characters would have an incorrect FFV animation when switching a stance while getting in a vehicle

Fixed: The isNumber command would return false for large numbers (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26663)

Fixed: Aiming down the sights while switching the weapons would cause some glitches

Fixed: Characters would get stuck in place after trying to launch a missile while switching to a launcher

Fixed: Characters were unable to heal themselves at medical vehicles (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/page-948#entry3003086)

Fixed: it was possible to fire a weapon while switching it for another one

Fixed: Turning on the NVG was not possible for passenger seats in vehicles (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=23649)

Fixed: Animations would blend incorrectly when switching a weapon while switching a weapon

Fixed: A potential crash when a mortar is destroyed while players use the Artillery Computer

Fixed: AI would not hear orders when the game is run with the -noSound start-up parameter (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/143930-general-discussion-dev-branch/page-942)

Fixed: The difficulty settings were not applied correctly to directly hosted multiplayer games

Fixed: A potential crash connected to the isOnRoad script command

Fixed: A potential crash when leaving the water

Tasks Overhaul:

Added: Tasks Overhaul: 3D Markers, Map Markers, Diary Tasks, Debriefing, Task Overview and uiDraw refactoring

Added: A fade-out timer for the Tasks Overview

Tweaked: Tasks presentation for unknown object positions was improved

Tweaked: The setSimpleTaskCore command was renamed to setSimpleTaskAlwaysVisible

Tweaked: A default task icon is now displayed if the specified type is not found

Tweaked: It is now possible to assign an object memory point for a task marker

Tweaked: Some unfinished Shared Objectives functionality was removed or shifted to the Diary

Fixed: A possible crash in the map interface

Fixed: The task marker text would not show correctly in some cases

Fixed: Tasks could not be deselected in the map interface

Fixed: A scroll bar would be visible in the Diary tab

Fixed: Group markers would always be drawn above a player, not the group leader

Fixed: A potential crash when unassigning from a task via the map interface

Fixed: Task markers were not placed correctly to their memory points

Fixed: A potential crash connected to the setSimpleTaskCustomData script command

Fixed: A relative path to the Task Type texture was not read correctly

Fixed: A marker of a selected task would not always be visible on top

Fixed: All tasks would display after closing the map (only the active ones should be visible)

Eden Editor:

Added: Custom Compositions

Added: CTRL+A shortcut can be now used in the Edit list

Added: Placing entities by double-clicking on an empty Eden scene

Added: A notification when attempting to export / publish an unsaved scenario

Added: Icons that show the current state of a layer (e.g. hidden, disabled) in the Edit List

Added: Pasting a unit into a non-player scenario will make the unit a player

Tweaked: Pasted units are now named consistently (copying _001 will paste _002 instead of an incorrect _2)

Tweaked: The distinction between dragging and clicking is now clearer

Tweaked: When you edit only a single object, its name is now in the attribute window title instead of generic "edit object"

Tweaked: Prepared support for collapse all and expand all buttons for the edit tree

Tweaked: Vehicle crew positions are now stored in the mission SQM (allows for more specific crew selections)

Tweaked: Synchronization is now done to a vehicle, not its effective commander (the commander can be synchronized specifically)

Fixed: Players could spawn as seagulls instead of playable Logics in some cases

Fixed: Some text in the Eden Editor’s history list would be missing when using a script command to delete objects

Fixed: Some logic attributes were not backwards-compatible

Fixed: Custom attribute expressions might have been formatted incorrectly (e.g. removing % expressions)

Fixed: Custom global attributes were not called on all clients in the multiplayer environment

Fixed: Previews of elliptic area markers were not visible

Fixed: The scaling widget was scaling map markers too rapidly

Fixed: Missing author serialization support in SQMs

Fixed: 2D Editor scenarios were imported to the Eden Editor without the Intro and Outro sections

Fixed: The NVS scope could lose its night sight after dropping a weapon down and picking it back up

Fixed: Expression formatting was not correct

Fixed: The global Intel attributes were not restored properly after a scenario was loaded

Fixed: Some vehicles were not synchronized when imported from the 2D Editor (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188236-eden-no-more-supply-drop-or-cas-support/)

Fixed: Users are no longer asked to create a server more often than is necessary

Fixed: Copy operations were renaming objects even if their names were unique (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188544-paste-with-1-only-if-there-already-is-a-variable-with-same-name-please/)

Fixed: Messages asserting no player was available when importing a 2D editor scenario

Fixed: The inability to change a vehicle’s crew character types was not communicated properly

Fixed: A group without a leader assigned would spam the RPT file with error messages

Fixed: A marker would miss its preview when being dragged

Fixed: The Type Change attribute was present in cases when it had no effect

Fixed: Vehicle crews would be created outside of their vehicle when in a different layer

Fixed: Vehicle crews would be created outside of their vehicle in Eden Editor

Fixed: The Edit Type attribute would not work for editing groups

Fixed: Moving units via the map would be put them in the air

Fixed: Unit group numbers in the scenario lobby would not reflect their actual positions in groups

Fixed: Binarized scenarios could not be read by the campaign dialog

Fixed: Variable names could be duplicated with no warning

Fixed: Markers were incorrectly checked for a duplicated variable name

Fixed: A crash when exiting the game from the Eden Editor scene

Fixed: Attribute changes could not be confirmed if Variable Name was used

Fixed: The Delete and Edit icons were available for compositions without any functionality

Fixed: A pasted marker’s name was not derived from the original marker

Fixed: The CTRL+S shortcut used in the Eden Editor’s map interface would affect the map movement (fixed for all CTRL modified keys)

Fixed: The Scenario temporary files would not be deleted after opening another scenario in the Eden Editor

Fixed: Placing down multiple entities by holding the CTRL key would work only for empty objects

Fixed: Trigger without a name was registering itself as an empty string

Fixed: Remote Execution would not work correctly after a scenario was saved or loaded in the Eden Editor

Fixed: Markers in custom layers were not visible on maps

Fixed: An arrow was pointing in the opposite direction when rotating entities on the map

Added: A pop-up dialog displaying a message appears when an error in the Launcher occurs

Tweaked: The visual presentation of embedded Youtube and Twitter content was improved

Tweaked: The Difficulty selection in Launcher now corresponds with the Difficulty Overhaul

Tweaked: Visual C++ run-time pre-requirements check was removed (the files are distributed with Launcher)

Fixed: A potential crash connected with the usage of the scroll mouse wheel on the loading status bar

Fixed: Potential crashes connected to Steam

Fixed: Some AI commands would not work for the Linux version of the server executable

Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (1.58)

Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (1.58)

Big features require drastic alteration and sometimes it brings nasty bug along with it.Good for every

development studio this game breaking bugs or big performance issues (that prevents you to play game)

are prioritized over everything else.(hence recent fix in regards to fps drop throughout the game)

TO: Arma 3 Users

UNIT: Main Branch (Windows)

ACTIVITY: Hotfix: 1.58 (System Allocator Performance, Server Difficulty Settings, Crash Fixes)

SIZE: ~27 MB / ~6.5 MB

NOTES

Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.

Consider defragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.

A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.56). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy156

This update does not apply to the experimental Linux and Mac port betas at time of writing. We'll be updating those as soon as possible.

You can find the servers in the Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools") - "Arma 3 Server" (based on your OS, it will download the Windows or Linux version).

Administrators can also use the command-line SteamCMD utility. The app ID is to be 233780.

NVIDIA GameWorks™ Technology provided under license from NVIDIA Corporation. Copyright © 2002-2016 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA® and PhysX® are trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation and are used under license.

In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., Arma 3 F.A.Q. or BattlEye F.A.Q.

You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

CHANGELOG

Fixed: Using the system memory allocator would cause a heavy performance degradation

Fixed: Potential data corruption when transferring server browser data through Steam

Fixed: Crash when accessing a non-existent task

Fixed: Potential crashes

Fixed: The Difficulty tab was disabled after a first scenario on a Dedicated Server ended

Updated: Stand-alone Windows Dedicated Server (hotfix 1.58)

Updated: Stand-alone Linux Dedicated Server (hotfix 1.58)

Performance trumps all of that IMO, yeah, that's a great minor feature, but if you were to ask me whether I wanted it or whether I want the game to perform decently consistently, I would opt for consistency of performance every single time.

That's what I'm getting at, there is no greater consideration than performance, I have no idea how change-while-running has anything to do with negative performance issues at any rate, it seems like a red herring to me.

I'm not really interested in my position being represented as a false dichotomy either, that simply isn't the case, I just have no interest in sacrificing performance for anything at this point, there is no rationalization that is not inherently shallow in its foundation of logic that can be applied to justify it, especially if it's something that should seemingly not impact performance outside of poor QA.

I'm not arguing major updates here, just the minor ones that somehow, amazingly, find a way to bork the game up somehow and throw a wrench in the consistency of it's performance.

Are there time constraints here we're not privy to that prevent updates from being fully evaluated before being unleashed on the public?

Other people might be forgiving of having the little time they have to use the product they paid for in a manner that does not feel hamstrung taken from them, but I'm not anymore, especially once a peak level of performance has been achieved for it to simply evaporate for "reasons". It's just annoying to anticipate enjoying something I paid for and be faced with the realization that the experience I had previously is not attainable for no justifiable reason.

"look at all the shinies" - is not a justifiable reason, that's a shallow rationalization and I don't even believe most features that are implemented could be associated with the problems we're seeing.

well it's ongoing battle that never stops - optimize couple of things that improves performance slightly, and then new

technology or feature take it's toll and decrease performance slightly.It's like that with every game with iterative

development.

well it's ongoing battle that never stops - optimize couple of things that improves performance slightly, and then new

technology or feature take it's toll and decrease performance slightly.It's like that with every game with iterative

development.

And that's why people are complaining, at some point people get tired of the instability, now I have the very real fear that the wretched stuttering that plagues certain instances of the game now (post spotrep) is just going to be standard.

I had a few hours worth of playing 1.58 to enjoy the non-stuttering of 1.56 before I was presented with this.

I'm tired of it, enough. 

As I've said, meaningless platitudes like "This is how it goes when you make the game better" -is not a sound justification, those are empty words.

Human beings have a finite lifespan and a finite amount of time to devote to various activities, at some point there has to be a "good enough", and I'm very concerned that BI's "good enough" will performance wise, be appreciably well over the peak of the bell curve.

Well, if were ever put to the vote I would vote for constant updates - with the risks. I believe we get far more than we ever lose. Something bad happens - there's a hotfix in a few days. I can ALWAYS find something to do even with introduced problems.

• Like 4

As I've said, meaningless platitudes like "This is how it goes when you make the game better" -is not a sound justification, those are empty words.

Human beings have a finite lifespan and a finite amount of time to devote to various activities, at some point there has to be a "good enough", and I'm very concerned that BI's "good enough" will performance wise, be appreciably well over the peak of the bell curve.

What would you suggest then? Obviously it's way too late for Bohemia to change their development dynamic for Arma3...

Consider this : would you have rather waited for Arma4 to have an enhanced audio engine, 3d editor, FFV etc?

As for the instability issues reported by several people, well... You do need to update the game to adress those - and of course one solution won't work for everyone and might even cause new bugs, wich requires more work & updates.

The way I see it, it's rather odd to complain about the state of the game and the number of updates (especially since each of those does adress a number of stability issues).

If I was in your shoes, I would maybe consider spending time on Arma2 until BIS slows down on Arma3 development : stop worrying and be patient, Arma3 will eventually be "finished" before you grow old. ;)

• Like 1

What would you suggest then? Obviously it's way too late for Bohemia to change their development dynamic for Arma3...

Consider this : would you have rather waited for Arma4 to have an enhanced audio engine, 3d editor, FFV etc?

As for the instability issues reported by several people, well... You do need to update the game to adress those - and of course one solution won't work for everyone and might even cause new bugs, wich requires more work & updates.

The way I see it, it's rather odd to complain about the state of the game and the number of updates (especially since each of those does adress a number of stability issues).

If I was in your shoes, I would maybe consider spending time on Arma2 while until BIS slows down on Arma3 development : stop worrying and be patient, Arma3 will eventually be "finished" before you grow old. ;)

Honestly at this stage if it means a new engine that wasn't 15 years old and 60+ FPS I'd pay $100 tomorrow for ArmA 4.

I love ArmA 3 to pieces and I'm looking forward to Apex, and so long as it works as intended without game breaking bugs like the ones I've personally seen in the past few updates I'll gladly hand over my $40 for it.

However if BI came out tomorrow and said they were abandoning ArmA 3 in order to start development on ArmA 4 that would feature a new engine (not another patched one, but a new one) and 60+ FPS I wouldn't mind one bit.

I feel I've gotten my moneys worth out of ArmA 3 ten times over. And ArmA 3 has made me a ARMA fan boy for life, to me no other game compares. I have about 10 hours on Fallout 4, 3 hours on Rainbow Six Siege, 5 hours on The Division and I'm not even half way through the single player campaign in GTA V because ALL other games just aren't as interesting as ArmA 3. Anytime I start playing anything else I just want to stop and play ArmA 3.

But I can assure you it is a love hate relationship. I wish BI all the best with their development in ArmA 3, I just hope they get it right the first time around. And when ArmA 4 is announced I hope they do it right as well without this Early Access garbage and aim for a proper AAA Sandbox game. Because from what I can see with the success of DayZ and ArmA 3 (and ArmA 2 before it) BI can't really play the 'small Independent game developer' any more, so I hope Apex and ArmA 4 are worthwhile investments.

I appreciate threads like this one because it reminds me I need to preorder apex

:)

• Like 6

If I was in your shoes, I would maybe consider spending time on Arma2 until BIS slows down on Arma3 development : stop worrying and be patient, Arma3 will eventually be "finished" before you grow old. ;)

What would I suggest?

Enough with the forced updates, I've already pointed out how the argument of forced updates as another layer of DRM is accomplishing nothing but punishing the consumer.

I honestly could have waited for any of those updates in a completely new product, however the 3d editor comes to mind in particular.

I have also thought about the fact that perhaps some changes may well affect systems differently and instead of forcing people to accept an "unhappy medium" in which middle ground is reached where nobody is happy, I would have just as simply been okay with no longer updating the game and backing up A3 in the particular version I liked and left it at that.

I believe as a paying customer I should have that option, it's the same reason why beyond a certain point updating your graphics drivers has diminishing returns, as the drivers themselves may end up not being as optimal for your hardware as newer hardware comes out. I've been rocking the same drivers for some time, and the potential of a slightly increase in performance is simply not worth the very likelihood that newer drivers may well make my now older hardware not run as optimally as I've experienced in the past.

I should have that same option with A3.

This is also why I have no faith at all in Apex, I am very suspicious that the final version will not sit performance wise at it's peak, but somewhere pretty far down into "compromise valley", and that's complete B.S in forcing your customers to accept. The game is getting older now, and I know for myself and likely many other people don't like seeing an increase in performance of a previous version only to have it taken away and for some utterly useless sophistry to explain why that had to happen.

There is no logically sound justification for it, had I the agency to simply unplug from the steady stream of updates, I wouldn't be complaining right now, in fact, I suspect a large number of people who paid for the game wouldn't be, especially in the online community as I suspect they would value stability over shiny new things that entirely cock the whole thing up for them.

And the thing is, I've played A3 when there were some really really BAD framerates, and that does not even compare in annoyance to the stuttering that seems to be a problem so late in the game.

I can deal with consistently less than optimal framerates, what I cannot abide by is this stuttering, it always happens at the most critical points in the game, effectively handicapping the player well beneath their ability, that shit IS game breaking without question. We have decent framerates now but the stuttering is just terrible when it happens, I'll take less than optimal framerates over whatever is causing that.

If it comes down to different machines responding to differently, that simply contributes all the more to the case of allowing people to choose what version they wish to run, there's no reason to not at this stage, BI has mostly made their money, anything that comes beyond this point, especially if it results in difficulties for end users, is money made at their expense, at least that's how I see it.

"wait and see" or " accept whatever BI does to the game" is an extraordinarily patronizing deflection, I shouldn't have to, why should I have to give up a version that performs to my liking? There's no logical or moral justification against it.

I like BIS.

Apex is one of their product about A3: I bought it.

That's all folks!

• Like 1