emrak

New Spectator Mode moves super slow

While I love the new Spectator Mode in almost every respect, there is one thing that is keeping me from using it (instead of our current custom scripted solution): moving around as a spectator becomes incredibly slow after a minute or so. Even holding LShift + Q, I seem to elevate at a geriatric rate. I get the same results with moving forward and backwards. Obviously I'm in 3rd Person View when trying this. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm unaware of or is this a bug?

Additionally, the F1 text box states that I can use LMB to select a unit (and thus display details) and then use LMB again to unfocus (and presumably not display unit details). However, the unit details box never goes away.

Thanks

Anyone? Is this not the right place to post things-that-could-be-bugs?

While I love the new Spectator Mode in almost every respect, there is one thing that is keeping me from using it (instead of our current custom scripted solution): moving around as a spectator becomes incredibly slow after a minute or so. Even holding LShift + Q, I seem to elevate at a geriatric rate. I get the same results with moving forward and backwards. Obviously I'm in 3rd Person View when trying this. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm unaware of or is this a bug?

Additionally, the F1 text box states that I can use LMB to select a unit (and thus display details) and then use LMB again to unfocus (and presumably not display unit details). However, the unit details box never goes away.

Thanks

You can try ALT for super speed, I've not encoutered your issue however.

The second issue you mention has been fixed in the current dev version (v1.59.135811), so your first issue may also be sorted.