jAMDup

P: Drive not copying?

Whenever I edit of my WIP mods on my P: drive, they don't copy back to the C: Arma directory.

In the P: drive I have a folder which stores all the WIP mods

P:\MyMods\Vehicle1

P:\MyMods\Vehicle2

etc

And in the C drive I have a folder with the same name.

C:\....\common\Arma\MyMods\Vehicle1

C:\....\common\Arma\MyMods\Vehicle2

If I change anything in the P: drive directory, nothing happens in the C: drive.

I recently reinstalled Windows 7, which is probably what caused this.

Does anyone know a fix for this as it's really annoying, it has added another step to an already long process, cheers.

Since the tools recently updated with the introduction of Work Drive and its replacement of DevP, you may need to check that the drive is actually mounting from the correct directory.

From STEAM launch the ArmA3 Tools and once they've loaded go to 'Preferences > Settings (ini file) > P Drive' and verify the P Drive is mounting from the correct directory structure.

Sorry but which is the correct directory to mount it in? I've play around with the .ini setting and I'm still a little bit confused.

The "Arma 3" tab refers to the game directory "...\common\Arma 3\..."

"Arma 3 Tool" is set to default - "%temp%\bistudio\"

And I have changed the "P Drive" tab to my Arma 3 Tools directory - "...common\Arma 3 Tools\" - Is this what you meant?

Also, if I remove "My Mods" folder from the Arma 3 directory, when loading the model in Eden, the game crashes with the RPT Log error of "Cannot Load Object: ...."

Thanks

Unless you're playing around with file-patching you probably shouldn't have all of your unpacked project files in your ArmA directory. Why aren't you packing your work into a PBO to test it all out?.

Its personal preference but I have a special folder on my G:\ drive ('G:\Buldozer') that I path my P:\ drive to.

Is the reason you think its not copying over because you're alt-tabing out of game, editing the model/config/whatever, resaving them, alt-tabing back in and wondering why nothing has changed?

That's not at all what I'm doing. In the Arma 3 Directory there's a folder which has all the mods I need to play with my community "/common/Arma 3/Mods/@...". In there, there's a folder which all my packed PBO's go into.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Mods\@My Mods\addons"

Any changes I make in the P: Drive, I rebinarize the mod using addon builder, which over writes the previous build in the "/common/Arma 3/Mods/@My Mods" folder in the C:

But whatever I do in the P: nothing happens..

Like I said in the previous post, in the root Arma 3 directory I have a "My Mods" folder, it has to be there in order for the model to load in game...

Is it possible that Arma is trying to read from the "My Mods" folder instead of "/Mods/@My Mods" folder, even though Arma3Sync is pulling mods from the correct directory?