Sign in to follow this  
Hardly

[Solved Partially] Copying mission to new folder breaks mission...how to debug?

Hello,

I'm trying to learn mission creation by first editing a campaign mission. I got everything extracted fine and have been testing out variables using titleText but when I made a copy of the folder and renamed it so I could edit the copy everything broke.

I've been searching for missionName but I've only found two instances where it's used.

I've searched every file in the folder for absolute paths and haven't found any or have corrected them.

I can't find anything else to indicate why a changed folder name/mission name should affect the mission's ability to load.

The scripts all look very standalone as well. debugging missionFlow.fsm seems to show the mission getting stuck in the "Mission Started" phase, but it's not making the jump to the next phase where the screen is unlocked and the action begins.

I would appreciate any advice.

Jonathan

idk what u know bout the folder name. just to say it end has to be .islandname so if u ve "yourmission" at altis then u ve to name the folder:

yourmission.altis

What u should try is:

1. copy old_folder.island to new_folder.island

2. open old mission in editor and choose "Save as" and give the mission the name new_folder  (without the .island)

3. open the new mission in editor, now it should work or there is another issue :-)

Looks like there must be another issue. I created the mission and then copied in all of the scripts, careful not to overwrite the main mission file...

All I get is a black screen on mission load.

Thanks for helping!

I did finally find the culprit in initBriefing.hpp

waitUntil{!(isNil "BIS_fnc_camp_setTimeWeather__dateWeatherSet") && {BIS_fnc_camp_setTimeWeather__dateWeatherSet}};

Is causing the game to simply lock and all of the scripts to stop working. commenting this out got the mission working!

Now the real question is can the mission run without the date/time set properly and why is this a problem?

Here is an update for anyone looking to edit campaign missions.

With the repack of the campaign things have gotten easier to understand.

1. You will need a PBO manager.

2. Find the Arma 3/Addons/ directory.

3. Unpack Missions_F_EPA.pbo in its entirety, preserving all directory paths.

4. Create a directory called A3/ and move Missions_F_EPA/ into it so you get A3/Missions_F_EPA/(Everything).

5. Go into A3/Missions_F_EPA/Campaign/Missions and find the campaign mission you want. In my case it's C_EB.Altis

6. Copy that mission to your My Documents/Arma 3/Missions folder or My Documents/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/ (name) /Missions folder

(For instance: My Documents/Arma 3/Missions/C_EB.Altis )

7. Copy the unpacked A3 directory and its subdirectories into My Documents/Arma 3/Missions/C_EB.Altis to get My Documents/Arma 3/Missions/C_EB.Altis/A3/Missions_F_EPA/...)

8. Load your mission in the Eden editor, export it to a single mission and NOW you shouldn't get any missing file errors.