nightshift

Use Steam Workshop Mods on Windows Dedicated Server?

Hello,

how can i use (download and update) Steam Workshop Mods on my Windows dedicated Server?

I know the Command +workshop_download_item 346110 496735411 but it fails everytime with no response error. What could i do?

I dont like PlayWIthSix Network because its to slow and clients doesn't run fine.

Here's my set up, I hope this helps.

I run the game dedicated server from steam tools and administer it using TADST. It all runs on a rented box with RDP access.

I also have the game installed on the box with it's own steam account. In this, using the launcher, in the mods tab and mods options page, I tell launcher to put the mods in a different folder, C:\A3 servers\Addon Stuff. Using the launcher here I can subscribe to mods in the normal way.

I have a number of different A3 servers installed, each in their own directory, (use synctoy to copy from steam tools install  server to each dir when game updates) Each has it's own install of TADST. I set all the different servers to get their mods from the addonstuff dir. I do need to remember to put keys in the right place.

So each server shares the addon directory, but retains it's own keys directory.

This works well for me, if it's the sort of thing you're after, it might help you too. Let me know how you get on.

Tanky -Paul-

Thank you Paul, thats an Idea that i am working on now. Ich will check this out. Steam Client and official ArmA3 Launcher are fine too. 

i dont like the combo: SteamCMD Updater File and PlayWithSix/SyncWithSix anymore. That worked for me but it was to slow and i think PWS network/page is for me to buggy.

I agree. It's why I persevered with Steam GUI and stuff. SteamCMD is too geeky for me, and PWS is just weird.

we need something like steamcmd which works with this workshop stuff too...

im definitely NOT going to install the steamclient on the rootserver to load mods from steamworkshop...

See this thread

http://ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=682&p=4591&hilit=windows#p4591

Hello,

how can i use (download and update) Steam Workshop Mods on my Windows dedicated Server?

I know the Command +workshop_download_item 346110 496735411 but it fails everytime with no response error. What could i do?

I dont like PlayWIthSix Network because its to slow and clients doesn't run fine.

Why not?

why not?because its a steam CLIENT and it has nothing to do on a dedicated root server... this is a no go...