tourist

SP/CO 1-12: HOMO HOMINI LUPUS Escape RAVAGED Winter Chernarus

I am having issues getting this mission to start in single player and coop. It seems that in coop and singe player there are no player spots available. In single player the mission starts, but the camera is stuck floating in there air with no character in sight. When trying to host a coop mission this is the screen I get:

Spoiler

2w55ytj.jpg

Here are the mods I am running:

Spoiler

34zbp60.jpg

@Reaper AM: I think I have found the solution for your problems.  The screenshots you have there sugest a missing addon and I think I forgot to add a mod requirement to the first post. 

I have changed the loadout of the playable characters and now the mission needs RHS:GREF as well.  Sorry for the inconvenience; will update the required mods and I hope you don't mind downloading RHS:GREF.  Please tell me if the mission works for you once you load GREF. 

Kind Regards and THX for the report

tourist

Thank you! That worked. I swear I had GREF enabled before when it wasn't working and thought maybe that was what was causing it. Seems to work perfectly now though. 

Good to hear it works now! :rthumb:

Have fun and don't hesitate to report back in if you find any problems.  I'll try to adress them within the limits of a "primary school" mission builder and "functional illiterate" scripter...:wink_o:

Hello ! I want to try your mission

Also see and learn about scripts, you use a body temperature system :) I want to use it if possible

I can't find a link to donwload, the link in the first post is dead.

Thank you

Hey MisterOth,

for now, just look for the mission on SWS; there you can download it.  Once the AIS wounding is out of BETA, I'll update the mission and the links. The temperature script was made by Bad Benson; since this hasn't changed since I made the mission, you can already download the current SWS versions of the mission for unpacking the pbo.  Just say so if you need a few tips with finding the scripts or the INI and description.ext files.

Kind Regards,

tourist

• Like 1

Thank you I've found it.

It is only one script ? The script is ( fn_bodytemp.sqf ). But once I have it, I don't know what line to add in INI and description.ext :(

For sure I will play your mission when it get ready. Also, playing Ravage gave me a desire to create my personal mission :)

I think for the very least, that is, if you don't want the other scripts of BB to be present, you'll need this for the description.ext:

Spoiler

class CfgFunctions
{

class BABE
    {
        tag = "BABE";

class ins
        {
            file = "func\rvg";
            class bodytemp {};

};
    };

Of course, there might be other entries necessary, depending on you mission concept.  Like class CfgMusic for example. 

And I guess you'll need this for the init.sqf at least:

Spoiler

if (!IsMultiplayer or !IsDedicated) then
{
    babe_temperatur = 37;
    babe_tempFactor = 0.05;
    babe_coldDamage = 0.005;

waituntil {!IsNull player};

//[player] call babe_fnc_respawn;//

0 = [] spawn
    {
        while {true} do
        {
            call babe_fnc_bodytemp;

hintsilent format ["body temp: %1 °C", babe_temperatur];

sleep 1;
        };
    };
};

Hi Tourist,

I was really looking forward to play this mission! (Single-player) So I installed all the required addons listed on your frontpage.

I can see the scenario in my game, but when I press "Play", nothing happens.

I downloaded the "HOMO HOMINI LUPUS WINTER ZEDS" mission from the SWS. So no ACE.

Do you have any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it to be able to play?

I'll attach a picture of my mod list and ingame screen:

Thanks for your reply!

Thank you for the report, GriffZ.  At first glance, all looks ok in your setup.  I'm currently updating the mission and did a complete SP playthrough during the last days.  So I could load it in SP... :f:

But I found another problem that might be seen as a real showstopper: after the recent A3 updates, the ending triggers don't work properly anymore, so I got to fix the mission anyway.  Will try starting the SWS mission though  just to check if I can help you find a way to, well, preview the mission...:rthumb:

Ok, checked the SWS version.  At first A3 crashed after I had clicked the continue button from the pre-mission map view.  But after restarting the game I could start the SWS mission.  Scripts worked as well (snow, Farooq Revive).  You got ARMA'd, I'd say! :f:

Hi, I have a question whether saving works while playing coop with friend? and Can I use inidbi2 to save / load save when I play in coop?

Hi JumperKamper,

the versions currently available on SWS have the RAVAGE MP saving system activated.  This will save the position, inventory and health values (including the RAVAGE specific values for hunger,thirst,radiation) for all human players.  I'm currently in the process of converting my missions to use the ALiVE saving system in combination with a few inidbi2 scripts to improve the savegames.  I have successfully converted my other RAVAGE mission to this system and will now test if all is well with the newest ALiVE release.  This combo can save also position, health and inventory of non-playable AI squadmates as well as position, inventory and health of any vehicle, pre-placed or spawned, that you have used once in-game in the mission.  Also any boxes and their content once you have opened them or guns and ammo you drop on the ground are persisted.  

There is a saving system based purely on inidbi2 also available; kudos & THX to Firewalker for that!  This inidi2-only system can do all of the above minus the total persistence for ALL vehicles and ALL crates.  It can only do the magic for pre-placed and named vehicles&crates.   

Let me know if you'd like to use the inidbi2 solution or if you'd rather wait for the next version with the combined saving system. 

Regards

tourist

• Like 1

Thanks Tourist for an answer. I ask because it saves the state of the game as standard by ARMA save game and when with friends we play min 3-4h and we want to load the game the other day it either load after 30 minutes or no load at all.

^^

THIS! 

That's the reason why I switched to another saving system.  But the RAVAGE saving system included with current SWS versions of my mission does already offer some limited saving capability as described above, i.e. you should not use BIS savegame at all in MP even with current mission version. 

Ok i add ALiVE module to the mission and i have 2 problems. Firstly the startup backpack is lying on the ground with starter equipment. Secondly, the accessories of the weapons are written only on the weapon that is in the hand in the weapon that is in the backpack accessories do not save

@tourist

FYI, I am currently working on changing how inidbi2 grabs items during a mission. It won't be done quickly, but I am working on some of the framework right now. I'll let you know as it progresses.

Fire

• Like 1