Just now, SnakeDocc said:

Thanks for clarifying how the event handlers work, and my friends have had a good laugh at the absurdity of the fuel trucks ect. Any chance you can link to the info on stopping people doing the above?, all I've found is setFuelcargo, or is the description of that just messed up and it works for the fuel tanks of normal vehicles as well? (not refueling ones)

Again thanks for the help

The issue does not lie within setFuelCargo, but with the insane amount of fuel the truck is holding.

If you setFuelCargo to 0.1 the truck will still be holding 100 billion liters.

You need to set it to 0.00000001, which will result in 10000l capacity, which is authentic since the RL hemtt is carrying close to that number.

You need to try it though, since I completely circumvent the vanilla repair/refuel/reammo system using my own set of variables like in the aircraft loadout menu.

Cheers

I'm fairly new to the scripting community so bear with me if I ask something oblivious, but I need help installing this script. I have tried moving the files into my mission folder and adding the unit with Init box filled. However, every time there is some sort of error defining/acquiring the scripts. I have tried everything and made sure it was my missions folder.  Do I need to make a init.sqf? Is there something I missed?

Hey Grump, this is really cool.  I'm wondering how hard it would be to adapt the cruise control part to use on an AI truck?  

I'm working on a chase sequence where player is chasing an AI flatbed truck.  The truck is towing something heavy which slows it down, and its too easy for player vehicle to overtake it.  I'm wondering if I could apply a cruise control script to speed AI truck up incrementally to some top speed I determine, and then maintain that speed.   I would apply it during strait road sections, and turn it off before it makes turns, then reapply at next straight section.

7 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Hey Grump, this is really cool.  I'm wondering how hard it would be to adapt the cruise control part to use on an AI truck?  

I'm working on a chase sequence where player is chasing an AI flatbed truck.  The truck is towing something heavy which slows it down, and its too easy for player vehicle to overtake it.  I'm wondering if I could apply a cruise control script to speed AI truck up incrementally to some top speed I determine, and then maintain that speed.   I would apply it during strait road sections, and turn it off before it makes turns, then reapply at next straight section.

Hey,

my implementation is wonky at best, since you're unable to steer the vehicle, AI most likely would hate it and go nuts.

Try an eachFrame EH with setVelocityModelspace and use the players forward speed to have the AI go as fast as the player.

Be aware that even on terrain that has only slight bumps this could damage the vehicles tires over time.

Cheers

Thanks dude.   Didn't know about setVelocityModelSpace command...which looks way easier to use than setVelocity since its relative to object's orientation.

• Like 1

Your suggestion worked perfectly (onEachFrame + setVelocityModelSpace).  I put triggers at the beginning and end of each straight section of AI vehicle's path that toggle on/off the cruise control.  AI does not freak out, but accelerates to (and then holds) desired speed, and turning ok because cruise control turned off before turn.   Thanks again!  :)

• Like 1

On 1/7/2018 at 9:38 AM, johnnyboy said:

Thanks dude.   Didn't know about setVelocityModelSpace command...which looks way easier to use than setVelocity since its relative to object's orientation.

Arma gave me a reason to use all that trigonometry I learned, then you take it away with this cool new command.... ok I exaggerate.

I will have to try out this car tuning fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Upgraded to V1.0

Changelog:

V1.0:

• MP and dedi compatible
  • reworked GUI
  • greatly improved vehicle handling while boost is applied
  • greatly improved default templates to reflect various upgrade stages, from a mere +50hp upgrade to a full dragster overhaul of the vehicle
  • boost is now traction and RPM dependent
  • boost will be reduced at higher speeds to emulate air resistance
  • Changed: Boost is now active all the time when using "VehicleForward" and "VehicleFastForward" keys, "VehicleSlowForward" will enable vanilla vehicle behavior
  • Removed: Nitro mechanic, might be re-added at a later point once reworked
  • Added: fully customizable license plates with vanilla plate generator and kart number plate handling
  • Added: blow off sound to emulate turbo chargers
  • Added: restriction as to what players are allowed to use the menu
  • Added: full customization as to what upgrades can be installed

Cheers

• Like 1

I want to add to the ALTIS LIFE server. everyone could pump cars for money in terms of engine, brakes ...

(Add cost functionality)

Oh dear... :rofl:

@Grumpy Old Man

You could add vehicle customisation parts like SLAT armour, camo net, etc...

1 hour ago, HazJ said:

Oh dear... :rofl:

@Grumpy Old Man

You could add vehicle customisation parts like SLAT armour, camo net, etc...

Didn't check since they added camo and backpack parts but the package should automatically detect all available animation sources (I believe it's currently set to detect cars only).

22 hours ago, pikunov said:

I want to add to the ALTIS LIFE server. everyone could pump cars for money in terms of engine, brakes ...

(Add cost functionality)

You can add the script to only one player and have him set the prices (preferred method) or you can modify the script itself to only allow changes if the requesting player has sufficient money, knock yourself out.

:yay:

Cheers

Curious on how to make it subtract money from a global variable for this script?

I see cost was added to the init but confused how to subtract the money

2 hours ago, DukeVenator said:

Curious on how to make it subtract money from a global variable for this script?

I see cost was added to the init but confused how to subtract the money

Cost functionality isn't yet implemented.

Best add this function to one player only and have him offer his services for cash.

Cheers

1 hour ago, DukeVenator said:

How would I go about adding this to an object ?

Instructions are in the first post.

Simply replace player with the object name of your choice.

Cheers

5 hours ago, rgscriven said:

is there away to make this into a mod version, not just a script version

Don't see any reason of having this as a mod, but I'm sure willing to be enlightened of the benefits.

Cheers

• Like 1

Reason im asking for the mod version, is that with some of the exile scripts use the defines.hpp

39 minutes ago, rgscriven said:

Reason im asking for the mod version, is that with some of the exile scripts use the defines.hpp

And I'm using GOM_defines.hpp.

Don't see how this is an issue, heh.

Cheers

21 hours ago, rgscriven said:

this is the issue im having

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvehho28m2s4gsd/20190729175449_1.jpg?dl=0

as there is noway to add image here

All right, looks familiar, seems like exile is also using default GUI class defines, which causes the conflict.

Will have a look at it over the weekend and upload a fix after some testing.

Cheers