GOM_fnc_vehicleTuning V1.01

Changelog:

V1.01

• Fixed GUI to not conflict with other scripts/mods that use default BI GUI classes

V1.0:

• MP and dedi compatible
  • reworked GUI
  • greatly improved vehicle handling while boost is applied
  • greatly improved default templates to reflect various upgrade stages, from a mere +50hp upgrade to a full dragster overhaul of the vehicle
  • boost is now traction and RPM dependent
  • boost will be reduced at higher speeds to emulate air resistance
  • Changed: Boost is now active all the time when using "VehicleForward" and "VehicleFastForward" keys, "VehicleSlowForward" will enable vanilla vehicle behavior
  • Removed: Nitro mechanic, might be re-added at a later point once reworked
  • Added: fully customizable license plates with vanilla plate generator and kart number plate handling
  • Added: blow off sound to emulate turbo chargers
  • Added: restriction as to what players are allowed to use the menu
  • Added: full customization as to what upgrades can be installed

V0.9:

• Cleaned up all scripts, changed dialog to make more usage of listboxes, put functions in a functions library and added a few features.

Features:

• Allows specified players to upgrade cars within 25m
  • Action can be added to players or objects
  • RPM and Traction dependent performance increase
  • Customization of performance related upgrades, as seen below
  • Chassis Tuning
  • Brake Tuning
  • Repair and Refuel/Refill options
  • 0-100km/h / 0-60mph, eighth and quarter mile times measured in diary
  • GPS Tracker
  • Bulletproof Tires
  • Ejection Seats
  • F.O.G. Machine
  • Cruise Control
  • Change Vehicle Paint
  • Modify Accessories (Backpacks, Bumpers, Lightbars) where available
  • Adjust custom license plate/kart numbers

How to use this script:

Unpack the downloaded .rar and copy the files except mission.sqm in any mission folder.

In the editor place:

1. Player unit
  2. Car
  3. In the players init field put: nul = [player] call GOM_fnc_vehicleTuning;
  4. in initPlayerLocal.sqf put: player setVariable ["GOM_fnc_qualifiedMechanic",true];

You can also tweak the default upgrade settings inside "scripts\GOM\functions\VehicleTuning\GOM_fnc_initParams.sqf" as follows:

//add custom entries here, containing [upgradename,multiplier,price,description]
_engineBoostParams = [
//stock multi should be 0, so no boost is applied
["Stock Engine",0,5000,"Run of the mill engine that comes with the vehicle."],
["Engine Kit 1",1.1,15000,"Custom exhaust and air intake."],
["Engine Kit 2",1.2,30000,"Same as Engine Kit 1 + custom ECM and valve timings."]
];

Planned:

Add cost functionality

Add Neon Kits

Add Hydraulics

Add a variety of car bombs (scripts are done, still working on GUI)

Add ability to give the car bomb trigger to other players

Add remote control for various functions, so you can use the ejection seat on passengers without being in the car

Download V1.01

Known issues:

None so far.

Enjoy!

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

haha, amazing and Lil Jon fits perfectly into the video :D

• Like 1

Can you turn this into a mod?  More useful for someone like me....A small thingee;Could we get to place a lightbar onto any modded car,please? tnx

I was also going to ask if you had plans to make this into a mod? It looks really fun-and very useful.

Can you turn this into a mod?  More useful for someone like me....A small thingee;Could we get to place a lightbar onto any modded car,please? tnx

This is already possible for vehicles that have functional lightbars, like the A3 civilian Offroad.

As long as the vehicle is configured to have a lightbar this script will allow to install the lightbar.

I don't see any advantage in having this as a mod since as a script you don't need to install it as a mod.

Cheers

4 hours ago, James Adams said:

How can I add this to my Altis life server? Basically make this a shop @Grumpy Old Man

Thanks,

James 

How you add/implement this is up to you.

The instructions on how to open the dialog are in the first post.

Cheers

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

How you add/implement this is up to you.

The instructions on how to open the dialog are in the first post.

Cheers

Can you link me the first post? Thanks.

On 23/04/2016 at 4:50 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

In the editor place:

1. Player unit
  2. Car
  3. In the players init field put: nul = [player] call GOM_fnc_vehicleTuning;

26 minutes ago, James Adams said:

Can you link me the first post? Thanks.

You got to be kidding, right?

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

You got to be kidding, right?

Cheers

I laughed a lot as I read his post.

I hope it was a joke because I dont believe that there are guys which dont know how to scroll upwards.

Just now, sarogahtyp said:

I laughed a lot as I read his post.

I hope it was a joke because I dont believe that there are guys which dont know how to scroll upwards.

Broken Mouse syndrome

Hey GOM, love having crazy races with this script.

I noticed you were able to modify the fuel drain rates of vehicles when using nitro, any chance of releasing that part of the script as a separate function, so groups can modify the fuel drain rate of vehicles for their missions? possibly even the ability to set drain rate by vehicle class? Past getting your fuel tank hit and needing a fuel truck to fill back up I don't think I've ever experienced a vehicle in Arma run out of fuel from use, it would be a great way of restricting the power of aircraft in mp/coop by limiting their time on station.

17 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

Hey GOM, love having crazy races with this script.

I noticed you were able to modify the fuel drain rates of vehicles when using nitro, any chance of releasing that part of the script as a separate function, so groups can modify the fuel drain rate of vehicles for their missions? possibly even the ability to set drain rate by vehicle class? Past getting your fuel tank hit and needing a fuel truck to fill back up I don't think I've ever experienced a vehicle in Arma run out of fuel from use, it would be a great way of restricting the power of aircraft in mp/coop by limiting their time on station.

It's just setFuel combined with an eachFrame eventhandler checking if a key is pressed.

Does not really warrant the release of a standalone function since it's basically 3-5 lines.

Cheers

Ahh thanks GOM, I've been reading the limited info there is on this subject including some of your posts and tickets, Is this the only known way of achieving this at the moment aren't eachFrame event handlers known for causing pretty significant performance impacts? (obviously, doesnt matter for races but for big mp operations). I know you can set how much fuel vehicles spawn with but that doesn't stop people filling them all the way up.

12 minutes ago, SnakeDocc said:

Ahh thanks GOM, I've been reading the limited info there is on this subject including some of your posts and tickets, Is this the only known way of achieving this at the moment aren't eachFrame event handlers known for causing pretty significant performance impacts? (obviously, doesnt matter for races but for big mp operations). I know you can set how much fuel vehicles spawn with but that doesn't stop people filling them all the way up.

There's no limited info, it's all in the wiki. You just need to know what to do with what commands.

Also you can stop people from filling them all the way up, the problem lies with BI setting the configuration of fuel support vehicles (see ticket) to hold 1*10^12 liters just because some folks complained they were running out of resources mid-mission.

That's a 1 followed by 12 zeros.

One trillion...

A wipeout holds 1000l of fuel. You could fully refill 10.000 wipeouts 100.000 times or a single wipeout 1 billion times.

Humanity will be long gone until such a truck runs out of fuel.

Just to put things into perspective.

eachFrame eventhandlers are fine. I've seen people doing some stupid things with them though, no wonder most MP missions take a dive in the fps department.

You definitely don't want to try solving the traveling salesman problem every frame.

Checking if a key is pressed and if true setFuel a vehicle is a non issue really, just take an example:

At 60 fps it takes around 16.6ms for a single frame to run.

Setting fuel to a vehicle using:

test setFuel 1

Takes on my machine 0.0006 ms.

With one frame at 60fps taking 16.6ms, this command could theoretically execute around 27666 times during a single frame.

You'd need to do some really stupid stuff every frame to reach a runtime of 16.6ms, even then commands taking longer than 3ms will just skip to the next frame.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Also you can stop people from filling them all the way up

Thanks for clarifying how the event handlers work, and my friends have had a good laugh at the absurdity of the fuel trucks ect. Any chance you can link to the info on stopping people doing the above?, all I've found is setFuelcargo, or is the description of that just messed up and it works for the fuel tanks of normal vehicles as well? (not refueling ones)

Again thanks for the help