Connor.

RCon ping differs to ingame ping

Ever since we have needed to define an RCon port I have noticed something odd.

In game my ping is usually around 30ms, but RCon will display it as something completely different, and always higher (peaking at 3000ms).

I am assuming this is because RCon uses a different port however I am not 100% sure on that.

Anyway the reason why I bring this up is because some of my players are getting kicked for high ping when they have solid connections and very low ping (again, around 30ms and the max ping is 1000ms).

I am unsure if them being kicked is due to RCon seeing their ping as something a lot higher than it actually is or if they are having issues with their net so I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Cheers

This is unrelated to the RCon change.

BE's netcode changed, i.e. BE packets are now sent/received via the game's network protocol. This might cause problems for BE's ping calculation if the packet exchange is not fast enough (due to other traffic, etc.). As a result, unfortunately BE might no longer be able to provide such a feature in the future.

• Like 1

This is unrelated to the RCon change.

BE's netcode changed, i.e. BE packets are now sent/received via the game's network protocol. This might cause problems for BE's ping calculation if the packet exchange is not fast enough (due to other traffic, etc.). As a result, unfortunately BE might no longer be able to provide such a feature in the future.

Ahh, thanks for the info :)