katipo66

Where are the "Special" options for units eg "In Formation, None, Flying etc"

As the title says... i specifically was thinking about the "In Formation"  option.

What is the workaround for this? I'd like to know how I am now supposed to have a editor-placed group spread out and positioned in buildings etc. that won't move into formation. I want them to be in a group but not be in formation. Anybody know?

What is the workaround for this? I'd like to know how I am now supposed to have a editor-placed group spread out and positioned in buildings etc. that won't move into formation. I want them to be in a group but not be in formation. Anybody know?

{doStop _x}forEach (units group this)

in the init of the leader.....

{doStop _x}forEach (units group this)

in the init of the leader.....

I was about to edit my post and say "I guess doStop will do it?". Thanks.

Place 3 soldiers on the map and group them.

Instead of 3 icons there are 4 icons.  The 4th icon is rectangular and sits just north of the group leader.

Click on the icon:  this is where you set the formation.

Fly In height:   Place an aircraft/chopper on the map together with it's pilot

Select the icon of the aircraft/chopper  and   select  Position Z   and record say 200.

The aircraft/chopper will start the mission flying at 200 meters.

As the title says... i specifically was thinking about the "In Formation"  option.

The in Formation checkbox is missing from Eden version at the moment. I used to like setting the leaders random start position radius from editor, say 500 and have the squad in formation with him on startup.

I know you could use a few lines of script but It was so easy, one checkbox tick for "in formation" one number for leader "starting radius" your done.