franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

why do none of the places to download this support the new updated features talked about on 11/03/2018 all the links list change logs as 2017 as newest update? please help my friends and i are lost on what is the current used version in Arma 3

• Like 1

Main problem as far as i see it is that FCR\G radar detects target only after a minute even in a direct line of sight. If this will be fixed it will be great.

This is by far the BEST mod of apache's and one of the best for Arma,

• Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 11:07 AM, Plexyshard1490 said:

why do none of the places to download this support the new updated features talked about on 11/03/2018 all the links list change logs as 2017 as newest update? please help my friends and i are lost on what is the current used version in Arma 3

The most recent version that is maintained by the community is available here

The update will be pushed to the Steam Workshop in the coming days.

• Like 3

first off thanks for working on this Project Voodoo!

Does anyone have a good guide/video on how to operate the different weapon systems (gunner and pilot) and which keybindings you have to use?

Where can i find the controls? How do i press the keys in the cockpit?

On 30-3-2018 at 5:56 PM, senqa20 said:

first off thanks for working on this Project Voodoo!

Does anyone have a good guide/video on how to operate the different weapon systems (gunner and pilot) and which keybindings you have to use?

On 18.3.2018 at 9:16 AM, mikerally said:

latest update is up now on steam available here

Link is not availible.

is it anywhere else availible?

Hi guys. Great to see this amazing project is being continued and is in great hands. A couple of quick questions-

i have not flown this bird in several months and am not sure of the changes made yet-I generally play SP and had gotten used to most of the basic/main systems and what i could do alone. Is this still possible? (Reading the last update it seems flying alone is not an option now)

Also the steam page says this is meant only for AFM. Has the flight model been changed a lot? I usually used this in standard flight.

• Like 2

On 08/04/2018 at 7:36 PM, ineptaphid said:

Hi guys. Great to see this amazing project is being continued and is in great hands. A couple of quick questions-

i have not flown this bird in several months and am not sure of the changes made yet-I generally play SP and had gotten used to most of the basic/main systems and what i could do alone. Is this still possible? (Reading the last update it seems flying alone is not an option now)

Also the steam page says this is meant only for AFM. Has the flight model been changed a lot? I usually used this in standard flight.

SFM didn't get tuned and therefor causes many bugs with the bird. According to a real AH-64D pilot, the AFM as I designed it, does reflect pretty much the real thing on basic manoeuvers.

• Like 1

Hey guys!
Made a trailer also for this AMAZING mod. 
Please check it out - 

• Like 6

On 10.04.2018 at 12:23 AM, Sacha 'Voodoo' Oropeza said:

SFM didn't get tuned and therefor causes many bugs with the bird. According to a real AH-64D pilot, the AFM as I designed it, does reflect pretty much the real thing on basic manoeuvers.

Hello! AH-64 best mod for ARMA 3 I ever seen, but it have some limitations.

So, this 4 things I will like to see in the mod:

1) Can you make, to allow one MPD on the FCR Page and second MFD to the ASE Page at same time ? it will be usefully often in combat situations! ( I mean one MPD with Radar information, second MPD with Radar Warning Receiver information in same time!)

2) Can you make a FLIR page on MPD for the Pilot ? To allow pilot see where is he looking at the moment.

3) Can you make a Shilka Threat icon  on the ASE (RWR) MPD page, to make AH-64 full capability with RHS/CUP mods ? 

4) Can you make the laser designator controllable?

I made translation into Russian of your tutorial, with link on your channel!

On 25/04/2018 at 4:16 PM, SandMartin said:

1) Can you make, to allow one MPD on the FCR Page and second MFD to the ASE Page at same time ? it will be usefully often in combat situations! ( I mean one MPD with Radar information, second MPD with Radar Warning Receiver information in same time!)

2) Can you make a FLIR page on MPD for the Pilot ? To allow pilot see where is he looking at the moment.

3) Can you make a Shilka Threat icon  on the ASE (RWR) MPD page, to make AH-64 full capability with RHS/CUP mods ? 

4) Can you make the laser designator controllable?

Hello there,

1) MPDs were originally restricted because of Arma 2 limitations back in the days. I may add more flexibility to those, but this is not planed yet. However, you could use C.SCOPE which will display threats directly in front of your eyes through the IHADSS.

2) This is something I really wish and I'll look into, what thing to consider is that in the real thing, you can add FLIR/DTV as background on any MPD page. However PIP in A3 has some limitations and I wonder how the performance would go along with the bird.

3) AFAIK Shilka are already displayed correctly, however I gotta check the entries in the code, as most of those are coming from Arma 2 once again.

4) Laser designator is already controllable.

Hello guys,

Quick heads up, as you guys may have notice, the AH-64D Apache Longbow Official Project is available for download on Steam Workshop for since May 2017.

For those who wonders, changelogs are published on the mod's page. That said, most of the actions take place on the project's Discord and it's the best way to reach me out (links below).

Intel wise, the developpers team starts to grow up, and it seems more and more people are hearing about the project and some of you have already contributed to it, either by providing code parts, flight data or very unique informations from the real world.

Also, I'd like to point out that my YouTube channel has been deleted by YouTube for some unknown reason, which means all my past content are gone, including tutorial and other developpment preview. Everything needs to be redone, therefor I'll provide new content as soon as I can.

Finally, here's a short preview on what I'm currently working on, on top of what I've already changed since the last update few days ago :

1531519987-ah-64d-monocle-design-6.png

What are to be expected in the future : 

• HDU rework, including monocle display based on real world AH-64D pilots testimony involved in this project
  • Proper 3D model of the IHADSS, pilot vest and perhaps other gear that will come with the bird, without additional download
  • More flight data for the Advanced Flight Model (AFM), based on NASA declassfied materials

Keep in mind that all this project is really time consuming and I can't manage it all by myself, hence I'm always looking for more devs to hop in.

As this project is open source, everyone who contributes to its developpment will get credits through the official page which lays on Steam.

AH-64D Apache Longbow Official Project - Discord

AH-64D Apache Longbow Official Project - GitHub

AH-64D Apache Longbow Official Project - Steam

AH-64D Apache Longbow Official Project - YouTube

• Like 5

- Added TSD MAP automatic compatibility with all maps - by Farquharson.

Hello! can you please explain how this function works?

Are there any plans to overhaul the SFM? or is the project purely focused on AFM?

Cut's out a lot of the playerbase that don't have a analogue throttle from easily enjoying this mod

Jaja! Increíble como Arma 2 Mod Hud, AH-64D la mejor arma que tiene Arma 3, gracias por tu tiempo y work chicos ...:don11::don11: