franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

Yes I am playing alone. Inside or outside the helicopter, the Hellfires will not load.I'll try saving the mission and playing it as a mission rather than using the editor.

Aircraft Operation

Under "Arming Dialog" there are instructions for how it works -- are you clicking the dashes with the desired ordnance?

Also, in multiplayer, only the gunner can load weapons.

I'm playing a scenario in the editor. Yes I do click on the dashes with the desired ordnance selected. I will try again tonight as the gunner. I have ammo, fuel and repair trucks parked on the tarmac to resupply the aircraft. This afternoon I was playing in the gunner seat and rearmed and refueled by simply hovering over the trucks. It's not ideal with the ordnance because you get the default load out, but it works. I'm loving the Longbow in ArmA 3! I played the hell out of Janes Longbow 2 back in the day.

Another question. Is there a server key available so I can run AH-64D missions on my server? If not, how difficult is it to create a generic server key to make it work?

1 hour ago, Snakeyes1 said:

I'm playing a scenario in the editor. Yes I do click on the dashes with the desired ordnance selected. I will try again tonight as the gunner. I have ammo, fuel and repair trucks parked on the tarmac to resupply the aircraft. This afternoon I was playing in the gunner seat and rearmed and refueled by simply hovering over the trucks. It's not ideal with the ordnance because you get the default load out, but it works. I'm loving the Longbow in ArmA 3! I played the hell out of Janes Longbow 2 back in the day.

Another question. Is there a server key available so I can run AH-64D missions on my server? If not, how difficult is it to create a generic server key to make it work?

I find sometimes I need to sit in the pilots seat while doing the loadout. Not always..but give it a try.

Hello i'm using your chopper on my server clan and we had a lot of errors like this :

Warning: fza_ah64_us\fza_ah64d_b2.p3d:shadow(0.5), vertex: 393, sum of weights is 200, should be 100 
Warning: fza_ah64_us\fza_ah64d_b2.p3d:shadow(0.5), vertex: 392, sum of weights is 200, should be 100 
Warning: fza_ah64_us\fza_ah64d_b2.p3d:shadow(0.5), vertex: 395, sum of weights is 200, should be 100 
Warning: fza_ah64_us\fza_ah64d_b2.p3d:shadow(0.5), vertex: 394, sum of weights is 200, should be 100 
Warning: fza_ah64_us\fza_ah64d_b2.p3d:shadow(0.5), vertex: 396, sum of weights is 200, should be 100

2 questions:

1 - how do I start off flying without the aircraft shutting down?  If I place a unit in the air, it starts with the engines running and stuff, then just shuts down.

2 - Since I'm just messing around, I'm playing as the pilot and have a playable gunner I can switch to.  The problem is if I'm the gunner, the AI pilot just lands, even if I have this flyinheight ___ in the units init.  If I take controls, I cant use the tads because the aircraft follows my mouse inputs thinking I'm steering the aircraft as opposed to panning the sight.  So my question is, can I just get the AI pilot to hover when I switch to the CPG?  Or how can I pan the TADS when I have the aircraft controls without moving the aircraft?

7 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

2 questions:

1 - how do I start off flying without the aircraft shutting down?  If I place a unit in the air, it starts with the engines running and stuff, then just shuts down.

2 - Since I'm just messing around, I'm playing as the pilot and have a playable gunner I can switch to.  The problem is if I'm the gunner, the AI pilot just lands, even if I have this flyinheight ___ in the units init.  If I take controls, I cant use the tads because the aircraft follows my mouse inputs thinking I'm steering the aircraft as opposed to panning the sight.  So my question is, can I just get the AI pilot to hover when I switch to the CPG?  Or how can I pan the TADS when I have the aircraft controls without moving the aircraft?

The ai CPG issue is a really annoying arma feature..There was somebody who made a script that gave full command control to the player over CPG-he has a mission on the workshop called "CAS Day 2". You sit in the gunner seat use the action menu and can tell the pilot "move here" "circle area" "fly at 10m,20m,50m" etc etc..But he never released it as a standalone script :(

You can move the TADS as pilot though. It's been a while since I flew the longbow, but make sure "gun control" is selected in the action menu, then enter the TADS and you should be able to move the gun/laser designator around and switch between IR etc. Or is that not what you are asking?

• Like 1

The helicopters dont spawn!, when i put it in the editor no matter's is i am the pilot player or not, when i click preview the heli don't spawn, i search the icon in the and !theres is NOTHING!, is like i've never put it in the editor!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

The ai CPG issue is a really annoying arma feature..There was somebody who made a script that gave full command control to the player over CPG-he has a mission on the workshop called "CAS Day 2". You sit in the gunner seat use the action menu and can tell the pilot "move here" "circle area" "fly at 10m,20m,50m" etc etc..But he never released it as a standalone script :(

You can move the TADS as pilot though. It's been a while since I flew the longbow, but make sure "gun control" is selected in the action menu, then enter the TADS and you should be able to move the gun/laser designator around and switch between IR etc. Or is that not what you are asking?

I'll try that.  I just figured the gun control meant the pilot had control over the 30 only.  Didn't realize it gave control over the TADS as well.

Just tried it.  It only gives me control of the PNVS.  Gun control is on, sight selected is TADS.  I tried right clicking and left ctl + right click and am not able to look through the TADS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, islesfan186 said:

I'll try that.  I just figured the gun control meant the pilot had control over the 30 only.  Didn't realize it gave control over the TADS as well.

Just tried it.  It only gives me control of the PNVS.  Gun control is on, sight selected is TADS.  I tried right clicking and left ctl + right click and am not able to look through the TADS

oh sorry..it gives control of PNVS..not the TADS..thats right. :(

@Pit Gaming  Firstly, you need to calm down.. And then read our forum rules. Do not post in all caps as it implies yelling.

The helicopters absolutely do spawn as there are no issues with anyone else. So, we can try and figure out what the problem is for you. Are you running any other mods? What game version number are you running? As you are new to the forum, are you also new to the game? 

12 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

oh sorry..it gives control of PNVS..not the TADS..thats right. :(

Damn.  I'd be fine just flying in the gunner's seat, but if I use the take controls option, when I wanna pan the TADS, it moves the aircraft.  I'm gonna try it with my TrackIR to see if that works any better.

EDIT: tested, no dice.  I just wish there was some way to seperate sight control from vehicle control.  If I'm flying the aircraft as a gunner, my control inputs shouldn't move the aircraft when I'm looking down an optic, it should only control the panning of the TADS

32 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

Damn.  I'd be fine just flying in the gunner's seat, but if I use the take controls option, when I wanna pan the TADS, it moves the aircraft.  I'm gonna try it with my TrackIR to see if that works any better.

EDIT: tested, no dice.  I just wish there was some way to seperate sight control from vehicle control.  If I'm flying the aircraft as a gunner, my control inputs shouldn't move the aircraft when I'm looking down an optic, it should only control the panning of the TADS

I know. As a single player only player, flying attack helo's in arma can be frustrating..I feel you :)

On 7/8/2017 at 8:28 PM, Snakeyes1 said:

I'm not sure what to say because the arming system is fairly complicated, so if you can tell me step-by-step what you're doing, I can probably tell you what's going on.

Also, I have a key for the stock version available here. The custom version all depends on who packs it with what key.

On 7/11/2017 at 0:17 PM, islesfan186 said:

2 questions:

Because Eden broke a few things with it, the only way to start off flying without it shutting down is to use the switch fza_ah64_cem = false which turns off the complex startup procedure.

#2 is an engine limitation. Default aircraft are the same way.

1 hour ago, franze said:

#2 is an engine limitation. Default aircraft are the same way.

Kinda figured.  The only difference between this and the vanilla aircraft is that the Vanilla aircraft go to a hover at like 50 meters or so.  The AI in the 64 just lands even if I put this flyinheight ____ in the unit init

franze,

Thanks for the server key. I think I am running the stock version. v1.43 downloaded from Armaholic.

I will document what I do in game regarding arming the AH-64D and post it here. The arming gui seems straight forward, but perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

how Mark a map ? and how the point'0'  Delete.?

q0zY4J9.jpg

Edited by KGH30604

@ineptaphid thanks for advice, now it's working it's just that i open mod in an older version of the mod that i downloaded long ago, so i just downloaded the 1.43+ and it's fixed

BTW:i just clickin buttons in the cockpit when i click one and it turned up the cockpit light but i donk know how to turn that again up, any ideas?

Hey i Wanna traduce this to spanish by i dont find the file that contains the click helper words, I.E: APU START. 

Anyone knows where's this file?

In the controls folder, look for scripting\calls\call_click_this.sqf

There's a comment titled "text helper" -- all the click helper entries are there.

• Like 1

On 29/7/2017 at 2:22 PM, franze said:

In the controls folder, look for scripting\calls\call_click_this.sqf

There's a comment titled "text helper" -- all the click helper entries are there.

Thanks now i can continue my traduction 

maybe in 1 or 2 weeks will be ready, so stay alert!

Any way in being able to acquire any target when using the TADS/HMD setting, meaning whatever I'm pointing at is where I want my missile to go?  You can't engage infantry with a hellfire or really attack buildings all that well because it auto targets a certain spot at the base of a building and usually doesn't have any effect on it.  If I wanted to say...take out a sniper on in a 3rd story window with a November HF, I can't.  I'm limited to 30 and rockets.  Maybe in the TADS/HMD mode, just have where ever the TADS is pointing be the target that is being "lased" since there is no actual option to lase targets. 
Also, any way to get this working with the AH-6X (Meaning the AH-6 lases a target, I shot from a long distance)?  I know BII aircraft didn't have that capability, the BII+ and BIII/64E do, but since there are no plans to do those variants in the forseeable future, would it be a feature that could be implemented

EDIT:  OK, so I must have overlooked the fact that I can turn the LRFD on and lase infantry, engaging them that way.  But the "snap to buildings" feature is slightly problematic.  If I want to engage enemies on a taller building, even using the LRFD it doesn't work.  With TADS/HMD selected, it just snaps to the base of the building.  If I try to aim higher I get a LOS invalid

Hello! 

I release the spanish translated version of the project, for now is only the click helpers traduction, but i'm still working on the textures!

Link

Thanks

XPiT_GaminGX

• Like 1

So I've been playing with this mod for about two months now. I was wondering if anyone had some insight into a few issues I've consistently run across.

MODS Used:

JSRS

RHS

ASR

CUP MODS

C2

1. When using IR or Radar counter measures the game will crash 90% of the time. A application error will pop up and usually give an error of memory could not be read and press OK to terminate program.

2. Aircraft cannot be hit with any (whether AI or player controlled) AA missiles

3. IHADDS will randomly stop working. When this happens the aircraft becomes unresponsive. You can still fly it, but you cannot target any enemies nor press any buttons in the cockpit. However, MPDs will still function if you set keys to control them.

Are you using 32bit or 64bit executables?