franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

Hello

Is it possible to turn down the sound of the engines?

In my opinion it is really loud.

i have to turn down my in game sound to a minimum when i am flying the heli.

Or is there a other way to turn down just the engine sound level?

Hello folks,

As follows, this week update as well as the "ready to go" .pbo files with the latest contents (which includes internal & external lights). A lot of bugs are still present on dedicated MP servers, that said, I'd like to thank the community for the support and the testers out there who helped me to identify some bugs. Furthermore I'd like to announce that Brainslush has joined me in the project as a developper. I'm sure he has something great in mind regarding the project.

On 02/04/2017 at 10:26 PM, TitansWeasel said:

Hello

Is it possible to turn down the sound of the engines?

In my opinion it is really loud.

i have to turn down my in game sound to a minimum when i am flying the heli.

Or is there a other way to turn down just the engine sound level?

Sound tuning was made with ACE 3 enabled. Wearing a pilot helmet will greatly reduce the sound of the engine, as in real life. Without it, you'll probably get deaf in a matter of minutes.

Latest changelog :

• Added TADS NVG.
  • Reduced PNVS motion sensitivity.
  • Added internal lights.
  • Fixed flares memorypoint.

Nodunit & Franze AH-64D Project (v1.43+) - Discord Server

Download Nodunit & Franze AH-64D (v1.43+)

• Like 3

On 4/2/2017 at 4:06 PM, =242= CPT. Helios said:

Is it at all possible to reduce the sensitivity for the pilot NV camera when aiming? I can't seem to get it down to a reasonable level.

Also, I'm using ALT + Mouse to aim the thing when flying with a mouth. Is a possible to reduce the sensitivity for this control as well?

Yeah the pilot camera is way too sensitive. I have to turn my mouse sensitivity down almost all the way just to be able to aim at a vehicle sized target.

FWIW, the PNVS camera was designed to work with head tracking hardware, or alternatively with the numpad look keys. I'd need to look into what's been changed recently because in the past, the mouse wasn't linked to the PNVS turret. A modification of the scripting to reduce/adjust the sensitivity would probably be easy enough.

ETA: This is what it looks like with TrackIR:

• Like 2

Hi Nodunit and Franze

can you look to this?

File fza_ah64_controls\config.cpp, line 6753: '/CfgVehicles/fza_ah64d_b2e/Turrets/MainTurret.usePiP': Missing ';' at the end of line

inside Code :

discretedistance[] = {1, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2000, 2100, 2200, 2300, 2400, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2800, 2900, 3000};
    discretedistanceinitindex = 3;
    GunnerHasFlares = 1;
    isCopilot = 1;
    usePiP=1

And can you take a look on this?

[XEH]: fza_ah64base does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: @VH_AH64
[XEH]: fza_ah64a_l does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: @VH_AH64

i Found something at https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/wiki/Extended-Event-Handlers-(new) about this

Compatibility without dependance

Since CBA v2.3.0., you no longer have to make your addon dependant on CBA and can still fully support addons that require Extended Event Handlers.

• Inheriting the EventHandlers class.
    If you inherit the EventHandlers class from an already Extended Event Handlers compatible object, your object will be compatible as well.
    class B_Soldier_base_F;
    class B_Soldier_F: B_Soldier_base_F {
        class EventHandlers;
    };

class My_NATO_Retexture: B_Soldier_F {

class EventHandlers: EventHandlers {
            init = "_this call My_randomizeHelmet";
        };
    };
  • Inheriting the DefaultEventhandlers class.
    If you inherit the DefaultEventhandlers class (required by vehicles to trigger some particle effects when exploding or firing a weapon), your vehicle already supports CBA Extended Event Handlers!
class Plane {
class MyAwesome_StealthFighter: Plane {

class Eventhandlers: DefaultEventhandlers {};
};
  • Adding the CBA_Extended_EventHandlers sub class
    You can also manually add the Extended Event Handlers class to your object by inheriting the base class called CBA_Extended_EventHandlers inside the EventHandlers class of your object. Note that this still does not require CBA to be loaded even though you are using this class.
class CBA_Extended_EventHandlers_base;

class CfgVehicles {
    class C_man_1;
    class MyAwesome_Civilian: C_man_1 {

class EventHandlers {
            init = "_this call MyAwesome_fnc_addRandomEquipment";
            class CBA_Extended_EventHandlers: CBA_Extended_EventHandlers_base {};
        };
    };
};

Should an object not support Extended Event Handlers, the event handlers might never be executed. Starting the game with CBA will print RPT warnings that mention every incompatible object: [XEH]: BWA3_Box_Gear does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: @bwa3 Using one of the three methods described above will make your objects compatible.

Thank you

11 hours ago, Fallingstorm said:

Hi Nodunit and Franze

can you look to this?

File fza_ah64_controls\config.cpp, line 6753: '/CfgVehicles/fza_ah64d_b2e/Turrets/MainTurret.usePiP': Missing ';' at the end of line

inside Code :

discretedistance[] = {1, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900, 2000, 2100, 2200, 2300, 2400, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2800, 2900, 3000};
    discretedistanceinitindex = 3;
    GunnerHasFlares = 1;
    isCopilot = 1;
    usePiP=1

That error does not exist in my version. Make sure you're using the latest version.

11 hours ago, Fallingstorm said:

And can you take a look on this?

[XEH]: fza_ah64base does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: @VH_AH64
[XEH]: fza_ah64a_l does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: @VH_AH64

Sorry, but no. If someone wants to add XEH support to the open version, that can be done.

On ‎09‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 7:45 PM, franze said:

That error does not exist in my version. Make sure you're using the latest version.

Ok, i will check that.

On ‎09‎.‎04‎.‎2017 at 7:45 PM, franze said:

Sorry, but no. If someone wants to add XEH support to the open version, that can be done.

Ah ok, so i understand it is not needed right and can be ignored?

On 3/4/2017 at 10:49 PM, Sacha Oropeza said:

Hello folks,

As follows, this week update as well as the "ready to go" .pbo files with the latest contents (which includes internal & external lights). A lot of bugs are still present on dedicated MP servers, that said, I'd like to thank the community for the support and the testers out there who helped me to identify some bugs. Furthermore I'd like to announce that Brainslush has joined me in the project as a developper. I'm sure he has something great in mind regarding the project.

Sound tuning was made with ACE 3 enabled. Wearing a pilot helmet will greatly reduce the sound of the engine, as in real life. Without it, you'll probably get deaf in a matter of minutes.

Latest changelog :

• Added TADS NVG.
  • Reduced PNVS motion sensitivity.
  • Added internal lights.
  • Fixed flares memorypoint.

Nodunit & Franze AH-64D Project (v1.43+) - Discord Server

Download Nodunit & Franze AH-64D (v1.43+)

Thanks for the update but this doesn't work on dedicated server, no signature! I've also tried to sign with a selfsigned signature but pbo is corrupted

For those who need the key for the baseline version, I've uploaded it separately here.

• Like 2

Will you be incorporating the loadout systems added to the engine in the last update?

With modders scripting in-game loadout changes, I'm sure its only a matter of time before BI hardcodes the ability into game.

That depends on whether or not we can get support for individual M299 rail selection and rocket zone selection. The new simple objects are promising otherwise, but they do have a few glitches (they vanish if you fly out of bounds on the map, for example). We've done some testing with them on some testbeds, but haven't invested a ton of time into it.

• Like 2

Are you guys still planning on releasing the BII+ and BIII/64E variants?  I remember from testing these back in the day you had the models, but no textures or different functions.  I don't remember if you guys had a model with the VUIT/TOMMA system, but would be cool. Now that I've finally gotten into A3 after a pretty extensive break, I'll probably start messing with these bad boys again now that I have some free time

On 6/2/2017 at 2:17 PM, islesfan186 said:

Are you guys still planning on releasing the BII+ and BIII/64E variants?  I remember from testing these back in the day you had the models, but no textures or different functions.  I don't remember if you guys had a model with the VUIT/TOMMA system, but would be cool. Now that I've finally gotten into A3 after a pretty extensive break, I'll probably start messing with these bad boys again now that I have some free time

We had the VUIT mast, but the other parts and pieces like CMWS and TEDAC weren't finished. I don't think we'll be getting to those variants anytime soon, nor will we be getting back to the 64A.

I glad Re open again the best simulator mod  Arma 3 have, loud sound inside cockpit is to hard,  outside is to minimum sound, need "balance" in side to out side please, thank man alot for you time and work, amazing mod :yay:

On 6/4/2017 at 4:33 AM, franze said:

...nor will we be getting back to the 64A.

Would it be possible to even see the 64A you made merely ported forward at least?

2 hours ago, b00ce said:

Would it be possible to even see the 64A you made merely ported forward at least?

I could look into that but there would be a lot of functions missing. The UVs on the A were different and the cockpits were never completed (no click functionality or any of that). We could open source the model but I'd need to bring that up with Nodunit first.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, franze said:

I could look into that but there would be a lot of functions missing. The UVs on the A were different and the cockpits were never completed (no click functionality or any of that). We could open source the model but I'd need to bring that up with Nodunit first.

I'm not worried about the clicky cockpit shenanigans. I'd be happy with a standard ArmA helo. I just like the way the A looks better than the D/E. :rthumb:

• Like 2

I've been looking through my files and while the AH-64A's external model is workable, the internal cockpits are a mess of missing files and textures. So as much as I'd like to, I don't think we can forward port the A without some serious difficulty at this time.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:16 PM, franze said:

I've been looking through my files and while the AH-64A's external model is workable, the internal cockpits are a mess of missing files and textures. So as much as I'd like to, I don't think we can forward port the A without some serious difficulty at this time.

That's fair. I guess I'll have to reinstall arma 2 to have fun with it. :thumb_down:

Thank you for this awesome mod! I am amazed at the level of fidelity that you achieved with the Apache.

Is "Arming" working in the action menu? I have a Hemmit Ammo truck placed in the editor. I hover near it and I see Hemmit Ammo on the screen so I'm close enough, but when I select and load the Hellfires they don't actually load on the pylons. However, the rocket pods do load. I also tried landing near the ammo truck, shutting down the engines, etc. What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 5:36 PM, Snakeyes1 said:

Thank you for this awesome mod! I am amazed at the level of fidelity that you achieved with the Apache.

Is "Arming" working in the action menu? I have a Hemmit Ammo truck placed in the editor. I hover near it and I see Hemmit Ammo on the screen so I'm close enough, but when I select and load the Hellfires they don't actually load on the pylons. However, the rocket pods do load. I also tried landing near the ammo truck, shutting down the engines, etc. What am I doing wrong?

Are you playing alone? We found that the arming will not sync if  2 people are inside of the bird.