franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

3 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Ah i see. i only play SP, so I never considered what other people hear-just what i hear in the cockpit.

Not to mention most of the bugs have greater impact upon multiplayer. In the end, the bird may be bug free if you choose to stick to SP only as most of the bugs concern MP which is where my attention goes on first. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sacha Oropeza said:

Not to mention most of the bugs have greater impact upon multiplayer. In the end, the bird may be bug free if you choose to stick to SP only as most of the bugs concern MP which is where my attention goes on first. 

Is there still a copy of the previous version anywhere-the one before the audio changes?

The freeze and crash is caused by 64bits version in DEV and RC branch, dunno why. Tested on 32bits should work with no problems. at least runs fine for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxhound said:

The armaholic page has been updated with the new pbo files:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png
AH-64D Apache Longbow v1.42+ v10/03/2017 - 2

The changelog has been rewrited on the GitHub. It seems the one currently published on Armaholic is the old one. New changes are to be expected in the following week-end.

• Reduced APU volume.
  • Reduced ignition starters volumes.
  • Reworked startup sound.
  • Reworked shutdown sound.
  • TADS slew is now fixed to the ground (Point of Interest).
  • Added new PLT DTV/PNVS optics in order to counter A3 limitations regarding aircraft performances.
  • Early flares system, replacing the old one, doesn't display flares/chaffs quantities (WIP).
  • Added new get-in animation.
  • Added ground-to-air radar threats compatibility (A3+RHS+LOP) - now positively identified by the ASE.
  • Added support vehicles compatibility (A3+RHS) - Arming menu will be available whether Ammo, Fuel, or Repair truck is placed.
  • Aircraft compatibility with ACE refueling system.
  • Increased CPG TADS axis sensitivity.
  • AGM-114L cannot track laser spot anymore.
  • Added Waypoint Cycle Backward/Forward - Custom User 17 & Custom User 18.

the unique version number is prevent the confusion. I think :)

Please do not fly any more in the new version of the game,Thanks for your work.

We are actually looking why the apache make the game crash. Look like some 3D object (Hydra) are in cause.

• Like 1

Ok so FYI the Apache is working in 32bits (arma3.exe) but not in 64bits (arma3_x64.exe). We are looking what is the problem but it will take some time. So if you want to fly with it, launch your game with the arma3.exe for the moment.

• Like 1

Thank you for keep this mod alive. Our Pilots would go on pension if this AH-64 has boken wings. We will keep our fingers crossed that you solve the 64bit Problem.

• Like 1

For the moment my pilots are shifting to the MH60S-DAP-4 Pylon helicopter. It pales in comparison, but I just can't have the other 30 players play on 32bit for a single mod. Hopefully things get fixed.

2 hours ago, VerdicAysen said:

For the moment my pilots are shifting to the MH60S-DAP-4 Pylon helicopter. It pales in comparison, but I just can't have the other 30 players play on 32bit for a single mod. Hopefully things get fixed.

Of course, that is understandable. I'm affraid it will require some time to get it fixed on the 64bits version. We still have no clue about what's going on regarding thoses crashes as the RPT doesn't really tell us anything, according to ShiftyFR. I'm not home yet, so I can't investigate until tomorrow evening. Franze made the whole scripting part on the bird, so he's pretty much the one and only who deeply understand every lines and correlations between the scripts. We may require other devs in order to get things sorted.

• Like 3

Relax Sacha, you have already done fantastic work already. Take your time, and people will hopefully help out with this

• Like 2

I'm looking into the issue now, to see if I can't determine if it's a scripting problem or a model problem.

ETA: It is a scripting problem.

ETA2: It lies in some of the initial scripting inits; I'm having to go line by line to figure out the problem child, so this may take a while for me to figure out what the exact issue is.

ETA3: Found the offending line:

if(isNil "fza_ah64_pfsstate") then {30 cutRsc ["fza_ah64_mapfake","PLAIN"]; fza_ah64_pfsstate = true;};

I don't know if this is a particular problem with cutRsc or the script that makes it up, but it gives us a direction to look in for the problem. Trying to run the above manually results in a freeze.

ETA4: The problem doesn't seem to lie within the script itself, but probably the false map function we derive the per frame handler from.

• Like 4

For those who are willing to modify the scripting:

in ah64d_init.sqf, replace:

if(isNil "fza_ah64_pfsstate") then {30 cutRsc ["fza_ah64_mapfake","PLAIN"]; fza_ah64_pfsstate = true;};

with:

if(isNil "fza_ah64_pfsstate") then {fza_ah64_mapfaker = addMissionEventHandler ["Draw3D", {[0] call fza_ah64_pfsched;}]; fza_ah64_pfsstate = true;}; 

in "savetracker.sqf", comment this line out:

30 cutRsc ["fza_ah64_mapfake","PLAIN"];

So it becomes:

//30 cutRsc ["fza_ah64_mapfake","PLAIN"];

in "call_ihadss.sqf" replace all instances of:

ctrlCommit 0.01

with:

ctrlCommit 0

Background:

Because OnEachFrame is not explicitly a per frame command, we have to run certain scripts to a certain set clock source - in this case, to a speed of 0.01 seconds. Previously, this functionality was done with a fake map interface, like what you get from the GPS map with ctrl+m. This allowed us to run the scheduler script every time a frame was drawn, thus allowing us more control in script timing and execution. It would appear that the fake map has some issues or problems that I can't figure out at the moment, so for the time being, addMissionEventHandler with a Draw3D event serves as a suitable replacement. I cannot be 100% sure that this is a permanent fix, but for the time being it seems functional in single player.

I will try to do some more testing and if it's all good, I'll upload a hot fix for the controls file as well as the baseline development files.

• Like 7

Ok so FYI, I just tried and ... It's working ! So now, when Sacha will pushed my branch to the master branch on the github, I will made a .pbo .rar for you guys !

• Like 1

So far, I can't find any major issues it it, however it may not work perfectly if loading from saves or in multiplayer; as it seems to function OK in single player, I'll put it out into the wild for now.

v1.43

The baseline development files have been updated; same link as in the first post.

• Like 2

Changes will be done Saturday on the v1.42+ being v1.43+ with the scheduled  additional changes. 

Edited by Sacha Oropeza
Double post, please delete.

Franze, Nodunit, have you guys changed other things concerning v1.43 on top of the lines you posted ? The RPT appears to be much more lighter than before according to ShiftyFR. Perhaps some 3D files aswell ?

Before the rpt was around 3.8mo, now it's 200ko. Look like all warning from the "sum of weights" (shadow in p3d ?) as disappear. Don't know what you did exactly but will be appreciated to know, aswell we can re-make all modification from the 1.42+

3 hours ago, Sacha Oropeza said:

Franze, Nodunit, have you guys changed other things concerning v1.43 on top of the lines you posted ? The RPT appears to be much more lighter than before according to ShiftyFR. Perhaps some 3D files aswell ?

During troubleshooting, I opened up all the model files and saved them again with the latest O2, just in case there was some old error lingering around. That may have corrected a few small bugs.