franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

14 hours ago, ShiftyFR said:

It was working on stable branch before, but we had to launch the mission a second time to get it work, did you try to launch your mission just after the error apear ?

Not really possible to try launching the mission-the error happens the second you try to place the chopper in the editor. Then it freezes your whole PC-forcing a hard restart.

ineptaphid, try placing a soldier on the map with as the player, then put a radio alpha trigger with the following activation:

myheli = createVehicle ["fza_ah64d_b2e", position player, [], 0, "NONE"];

If that works, then we have some incompatibility with a change made to the Eden editor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Not really possible to try launching the mission-the error happens the second you try to place the chopper in the editor. Then it freezes your whole PC-forcing a hard restart.

Wow strange, I can't try it on dev branch with my poor connection

28 minutes ago, franze said:

ineptaphid, try placing a soldier on the map with as the player, then put a radio alpha trigger with the following activation:

If that works, then we have some incompatibility with a change made to the Eden editor.

Okay-i will try it. Very busy at the moment-if anyone else is on Dev branch, maybe they could give it a try ,as they probably will get to it before I will :)

7 hours ago, Sacha Oropeza said:

You do have to pack the files yourself using BIS Tools as there's no .pbo on the GitHub as it is made for development.

Also, I talked about reworking the external lights aspect. I'd like to provide the AH-64D roughly the same external lights effects as those are bugged for now.

Finally, Nodunit, I was wondering about these... Any ETA ?... 

Not intended for implimentation on the heli. The first image was a quick test run of substance painter.
The interior lighting images were rendered in blender as concept images.

On 21/02/2017 at 10:53 PM, nodunit said:

Not intended for implimentation on the heli. The first image was a quick test run of substance painter.
The interior lighting images were rendered in blender as concept images.

Damn too bad... the model was wonderful ! I got hyped. 

Also I saw your work regarding FLIR rendering. I was curious about it. Arma 3 Vanilla FLIR is unrealstic as everything is tinted in grey, whereas in the reality, building and other stuff render well trough it. I'd like to find a way to get a better FLIR.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sacha Oropeza said:

Damn too bad... the model was wonderful ! I got hyped. 

Also I saw your work regarding FLIR rendering. I was curious about it. Arma 3 Vanilla FLIR is unrealstic as everything is tinted in grey, whereas in the reality, building and other stuff render well trough it. I'd like to find a way to get a better FLIR.

We tried doing a mix of FLIR with HDR/NV for the HMD PNVS display, which helped somewhat, but such a solution isn't possible for actual heads down views.

On 2/21/2017 at 7:32 PM, franze said:

Tried this. So the game freezes for a second, then this error pops up. The chopper does spawn after the error pop up, but the second it does..then the game crashes and freezes the PC-have to do full restart again.

N876gUz.jpg

Thanks, I find it really odd that would be the cause of the freeze, but we can try and hammer it out and see what happens.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Tried this. So the game freezes for a second, then this error pops up. The chopper does spawn after the error pop up, but the second it does..then the game crashes and freezes the PC-have to do full restart again.

Are you using the last "Master" version from the github ?

EDIT : Get this version : http://www.filedropper.com/ah-64dapachelongbow

Hello gents,

Following the AH-64D GitHub update pushing the "dev" branch to the "master" branch.

This week changelog as follows :

• Edited AFM now based on A3 B_Heli_Attack_01 (WIP).
  • Edited get-in & get-out sounds.
  • Tweaked cockpit interior sounds volumes.
  • New engine interior sound captured from the real aircraft.
  • Aircraft will spawn all doors opened by default.
  • TSD NAV mode instead of TSD ATK initialized by default.
  • Edited default skin.
  • Added realistic flyby external sounds (JSRS4).
  • Re-edited AGM-114 Hellfire sound (JSRS4).
  • Re-edited M230 sound (JSRS4).
  • Re-edited M261 rocket launcher sound (JSRS4).
  • Fixed prime.rvmat error - by Shifty.FR.
  • Changed "B_30mm_AP" to "B_30mm_MP" ammo settings.

Download Nodunit & Franze AH-64D (v1.42+)

• Like 10

Me and my friend perform a flight test today. 

I read manual  twice for sure and pay attention about details of weapon . My english in reading is enought good i think but ...... well in simple word i'm still not sure where is a problem - it's a bug , not implemented or meaby i'm doing something wrong.

I give one example - firing rocket from upper cockpit (pilot-commander). Is that option is available in real AH-64 and NOD Apache ? Becouse we could't find out how it make it to allow pilot use rockets. Theres few other things that i have problem.But don't wanna write bug list until i figure out source of this - addon or my leak of knowlage ... or meaby manual must be update (in future).

ANYWAY FLY THIS HELO WITH ALL HIS SYSTEMS IT'A A GREAT FUN!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cygan said:

I read manual  twice for sure and pay attention about details of weapon . My english in reading is enought good i think but ...... well in simple word i'm still not sure where is a problem - it's a bug , not implemented or meaby i'm doing something wrong.

I give one example - firing rocket from upper cockpit (pilot-commander). Is that option is available in real AH-64 and NOD Apache ? Becouse we could't find out how it make it to allow pilot use rockets. Theres few other things that i have problem.But don't wanna write bug list until i figure out source of this - addon or my leak of knowlage ... or meaby manual must be update (in future).

Typically speaking yes since the pilot guides rockets more than a gunner does.

This feature is availible in all Arma helo's but you can use the pylons to help guide rockets with our apache.
You need enable manual fire commonly seen in Arma's action menu to take weapon control from the co pilot, and then to use the pylons aiming enable "head tracking" way down in the action menu.

7 hours ago, cygan said:

Doesn't work in multicrew on Nodunit & Franze AH-64D, as far as I know. However with a an AI sitting as CPG, there's no problem whatsoever.

You need enable manual fire commonly seen in Arma's action menu to take weapon control from the co pilot, and then to use the pylons aiming enable "head tracking" way down in the action menu.

Same as You wrote in one player onboard all weapon work exelent. 

Doesn't work in multicrew on Nodunit & Franze AH-64D, as far as I know. However with a an AI sitting as CPG, there's no problem whatsoever.

Yes we test in multiplayer/multicrew. 

Thanks both of you for answer.

While waiting to next future updates we make continue test flights to learn and skill up about this apache and find/confirm any issues . 

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkxess said:

Hey guys, your mod has been uploaded to the steam workshop did you know?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874494592

The workshop is a shithole now. Everyone re-uploads everything with or without permission, and even PW6 just re-uploads the re-uploads.. Getting harder to find original new content (that doesn't belong to the ArmaLife rubbish pile)

2 hours ago, darkxess said:

Hey guys, your mod has been uploaded to the steam workshop did you know?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874494592

Yup, in fact it has been uploaded by several people in the past many of whom I directly spoke with. 
We took a 'live and let live' approach to it, as long as credit was given then we didn't see any reason to start a fuss and as a result we got credit quite often.

The way I see it, its about localization, not everyone knows about the BI forums, not everyone knows about armaholic or some of the smaller content websites out there, and even then we have language barriers to deal with.
As long as credit was given properly then we were happy to let them host the content, if not then we simply asked that they do add to the credits (I even asked them to include additional credits to individuals to helped our addon reach its potential) and when done in a civil manner they more than often did add the credit.

• Like 9

Has anyone been able to work out whats causing the crashes on dev branch-with the errors I posted the other day? I think I have to switch back to stable-I miss flying the Apache to much! :D

31 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Has anyone been able to work out whats causing the crashes on dev branch-with the errors I posted the other day? I think I have to switch back to stable-I miss flying the Apache to much! :D

You confirm you are crashing with the last update posted by Sacha ?

On 25/02/2017 at 2:27 PM, Sacha Oropeza said:

Hello gents,

Following the AH-64D GitHub update pushing the "dev" branch to the "master" branch.

This week changelog as follows :

• Edited AFM now based on A3 B_Heli_Attack_01 (WIP).
  • Edited get-in & get-out sounds.
  • Tweaked cockpit interior sounds volumes.
  • New engine interior sound captured from the real aircraft.
  • Aircraft will spawn all doors opened by default.
  • TSD NAV mode instead of TSD ATK initialized by default.
  • Edited default skin.
  • Added realistic flyby external sounds (JSRS4).
  • Re-edited AGM-114 Hellfire sound (JSRS4).
  • Re-edited M230 sound (JSRS4).
  • Re-edited M261 rocket launcher sound (JSRS4).
  • Fixed prime.rvmat error - by Shifty.FR.
  • Changed "B_30mm_AP" to "B_30mm_MP" ammo settings.

Download Nodunit & Franze AH-64D (v1.42+)

Send me your RPT

• Like 1

Sorry for mistakes. Is it possible to get rid of vanilla Target Lock? 

1 hour ago, ShiftyFR said:

You confirm you are crashing with the last update posted by Sacha ?

Send me your RPT

Didnt actually see that update-will give it a go.