franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

2 hours ago, shomu1 said:

Just got around to downloading this, and I can't believe I didn't do so sooner.  It's a perfect semi-sim experience for the Apache, which is something I've been missing since Apache Air Assault.

I was poking through the arming menu scripts, and added a couple new textures (weathered and clean birds from B company, 1-3 ATKHB of the 3rd Infantry Division in Iraq in 2003 as well as a semi-what if scheme for the heck of it) and expanded the arming menu to be compatible with the CUP ammo MTVRs, RHS ammo HEMTTs, and vehicle ammo containers from BIS.  I'd be glad to send them to you if you so desire.

Sounds awesome- sounds like you have made some very useful additions.Wouldn't it make more sense to release your changes yourself, rather than send them to franze and Nodunit- considering their lack of free time is the reason this has gone open source.

2 hours ago, shomu1 said:

Just got around to downloading this, and I can't believe I didn't do so sooner.  It's a perfect semi-sim experience for the Apache, which is something I've been missing since Apache Air Assault.

I was poking through the arming menu scripts, and added a couple new textures (weathered and clean birds from B company, 1-3 ATKHB of the 3rd Infantry Division in Iraq in 2003 as well as a semi-what if scheme for the heck of it) and expanded the arming menu to be compatible with the CUP ammo MTVRs, RHS ammo HEMTTs, and vehicle ammo containers from BIS.  I'd be glad to send them to you if you so desire.

Should release it as a - CUP/RHS Compatible - standalone version. 

• Like 2

So just to clarify things out, the changes I've made to the AH-64D were based on the v1.41 and not the v1.42 - you get it, my changes haven't been integrated in this new version. I'll export my changes to the new version probably in about two weeks as I'm not home anymore and that I have a huge workload on top of that for that period of time. 

May we have the changelog of the v1.42 ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Sounds awesome- sounds like you have made some very useful additions.Wouldn't it make more sense to release your changes yourself, rather than send them to franze and Nodunit- considering their lack of free time is the reason this has gone open source.

Wasn't entirely sure on how the system works on that.  Figured it was better to mention it here before doing anything of that nature on my end.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shomu1 said:

FWIW, the arming menu was designed to work with an array to determine what vehicles/units/objects would trigger it. The mission maker can set these units with this array:

fza_ah64_armingunits = ["MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrReammo"]; 

Naturally, the default array only includes the game default arming truck. This mechanic was chosen in order to allow more flexibility to the mission maker and more compatibility with various addons and mods out there. There's more arrays and variables listed here.

3 hours ago, Sacha Oropeza said:

So just to clarify things out, the changes I've made to the AH-64D were based on the v1.41 and not the v1.42 - you get it, my changes haven't been integrated in this new version. I'll export my changes to the new version probably in about two weeks as I'm not home anymore and that I have a huge workload on top of that for that period of time. 

May we have the changelog of the v1.42 ?

My changelog only has one item for v1.42 - New HMD horizon object. It's a proper horizon for the HMD Transition and Cruise modes.

Ah, okay that makes sense.  Didn't realize you could edit the array in mission.

Another question:  Does the "fza_ah64_cem = false" parameter need to be posted in the init of the aircraft, or in the init file of the mission?

Also does setObjectTexture work to spawn the helo with a certain skin, or does the arming menu still have to be used?

On the Devbranch they now added an  "Dynamic Loadout feature for airplanes and helicopters", so another thing that shoud make things easier, I guess. ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shomu1 said:

Ah, okay that makes sense.  Didn't realize you could edit the array in mission.

Another question:  Does the "fza_ah64_cem = false" parameter need to be posted in the init of the aircraft, or in the init file of the mission?

Also does setObjectTexture work to spawn the helo with a certain skin, or does the arming menu still have to be used?

The CEM parameter can be done in an init field or a file.

Due to the complexity of skins, a script has to be called to set the skin after startup:

[ah64a,"myskinfile.paa"] execvm "\fza_ah64_controls\scripting\damage\skins.sqf";

This must be ran after initialization, so it should be run after a slight delay.

Got it.  Where "ah64a" is the variable name of the aircraft whose skin is being modified?

Yup, and the string is the path to the texture file.

Sweet.

20170209114429_1.jpg

Little preview of the easter egg one I made.  Used the B2 weathered skin as a base.

• Like 5

Lol Franze and company did most of the work.  I'm basically putting stickers on at this point.  I do need to change the serial numbers on the bird though.

• Like 2

Don't forget folks, you can use the psd's to make whatever schemes you want easily, just add color to the bottom most layer...weathering may need to be tuned for some colors such as brighter ones but for the most art it should be a quick paint n go.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kjaiinlkz6kbyax/AH64Base.rar

And there were a few faction schemes released some time ago but seeing as everything is going freeware I'm going to bring it back up.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vx3zby9wmnr33pf/schemes.rar

Included are schemes for Israel, UK, and the Netherlands.
http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/ah-64d-apache-longbow-paint-schemes-v10-1_4.jpg
http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/ah-64d-apache-longbow-paint-schemes-v10-2_4.jpg
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21672/ArmA2OA_2015-02-17_20-14-40-41.png

• Like 5

What a glorious coincidence.  I was literally about to PM one of you guys about that.  You wouldn't happen to have a PSD that includes the heavy weathering, would you?

• Like 1

Anyone else on Dev branch? Placing the apache in the editor crashes the game for me.

Throws up 2 errors :

if(-unit==player)then

{

if(I#I fza_ah64_cem)then

{

fza_ah64_pl_mpd="'

Error undefined variable in expression: fza_ah64_cem

File fza_ah64_controls\scripting\getin.sqf, line 17

Then a separate error box that said

Cannot load material file fza_ah64us\tex\in\prime.rvmat.

I play DCS World now, is realy amazing, but I like Arma 3 to, the AH-64D Apache for Arma 3 by Nodunit and franze for me is the best MOD Arma 3 have now, thank man alot, for you time and work here,  you MOD make to Arma 3 better game

Thanks for keeping my fav aircraft mod going chaps. In your honor I did a little screen :)

JFpTzZC.jpg

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, jeza said:

Thanks for keeping my fav aircraft mod going chaps. In your honor I did a little screen :)

That is...incredible. One of the best pics I have ever seen on these forums.

Inspired by the Jugroom fortress incident with the Royal Marines?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeza said:

reddit please :)

4 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Anyone else on Dev branch? Placing the apache in the editor crashes the game for me.

Throws up 2 errors :

if(-unit==player)then

{

if(I#I fza_ah64_cem)then

{

fza_ah64_pl_mpd="'

Can you post your rpt file up here? I don't think it's the CEM switch, but it might be a glitch with the material file.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

That is...incredible. One of the best pics I have ever seen on these forums.

Inspired by the Jugroom fortress incident with the Royal Marines?

High praise indeed, thanks!  And yes indeed it was.

5 minutes ago, floris_heinen said:

reddit please :)

Not used it I'm afraid, but feel free to share it there. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

So I managed to work on my laptop by the time I get back home. Here is the link of the updated version of the Apache I worked on (v1.42+ based on source files) as well as the up-to-date changelog (as I modified the PNVS last tuesday (removed GHOT & BHOT and put NVG instead).

This version is not bug free just like the v1.42, but was tested and works on A3 stable branch. 

• Longer APU sound - Now last much more longer than before (not looped yet), but this allows to go trough all the procedures (even if the current ones are incorrect and heavilly simplified due to Arma engine limitations) while having the APU ambience running, just like in real life.
  • Modified AGM-114 Hellfire Sound - Comes from the real aircraft, which got recorded trough the intercom (which explains some minor parasites).
  • Tweaked AGM-114 Hellfires Power & Area of Effect - Now wider and the missiles have different specs, more effective and deadly by the surroudings, depending the generations and warheads. Furthermore, the explosion aspect has been edited in order to match better what it should look like.
  • Mixed M230 Sound - which is the result of the original sound + a guncam sound on top of it. Requires more work as it may sound a bit weird from the ground during a CAS as it is an .ogg file I believe which is not subject to audio distortion from distance.
  • Tweaked M230 Area of Effect and Dispersion - Are wider and appears to be more deadly for light vehicules and infantries. Also, the rate of fire has been slightly reduced.
  • Tweaked PNVS Optic WHOT & NVG - Does now allow a much better zoom, in order to counteract Arma engines limitations regarding the onboard systems interactions of the real aircraft. The PNVS has been mixed with the TADS since the CPG and P* systems are not linked yet; that permits a better situationnal awareness and greatly improves the aircraft effectiveness.
  • Disabled "Click Helper" at the init for immersion reasons.

Download link

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Throws up 2 errors :

if(-unit==player)then

{

if(I#I fza_ah64_cem)then

{

fza_ah64_pl_mpd="'

I get the material error on stable as well.

• Like 1

So a little usage question with 1.42.  When firing AGM-114L, which indicator do I follow?  The IHADSS cue box, or the game's native cue box?  Because I'm at like 2 for 8 with AGM-114L hits.  It's kinda sad.