franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

I think they left like this, is to bad because this MOD is realy amazing, for me is the best mod ARMA 3 have, dont forget guys please,  :)  :)  :)

Yeah, but maybe once the Jets DLC comes out there could be enough vanilla support via the engine to do a re-write, of course if these Apache devs are up to it. A great mod, even if it doesn't work perfectly :)

Hi guys, ask for permition, help those guys to finish this mod please, alot work here to live like this  :)  :)

It would be nice to hear from both Nodunit & Franze...  :(  There is still so much hope about this mod, it's a pity it's not finished yet after all this time. Even with all its bugs, it is the best rotary ever made. 

Hey ladies and gents,

Wish I could post about more progress but I've been trying to deal with one of the worst twists in my real life job for the past few months; it's been kickin' my butt in a bad way. It's left me very depressed and so I haven't been doing much work on the Apache as a result.

Nodunit remains busy with some of his own stuff so I don't want to say anything is set in stone at the moment, but we still trade notes back and forth as time permits.

We haven't completely given up but converting this project from ArmA2 to ArmA3 wasn't exactly a plug n' play conversion, especially since so much of the heavy scripting was based upon limitations and exploits from the old engine. I know there's a lot of problems and a shit ton of glitches, along with some major performance issues, but trying to solve them all isn't a cut and dried fix, especially with the way I script things!

Having said all that, thanks for all the popular support! You guys are awesome!

• Like 15

Personal well being always comes first and besides - regardless of all the bugs and glitches - the apache still works more or less. It has gotta be the single most detailed addon out there. Honestly, it looks like it wandered into arma from a dedicated flight sim  :D

• Like 3

I so bad for you man,you guys make here the  best real mod ARMA 3 have,  but  dont leave live this please, can you ask to bohemia interactive guys   help you finish this mod???  :)  :)  :) I am  you BIG FAN!   :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

I so bad for you man,you guys make here the  best real mod ARMA 3 have,  but  dont leave live this please, can you ask to bohemia interactive guys   help you finish this mod???  :)  :)  :) I you BIG FAN!   :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Great idea :P

Yes is great Idea,I know you have alot work now, but those mods make to every one like Arma 3, Bohemia Interactive guys, can you help Franze to finish this mod please,please  :)  :)  :)

Good to see this is still being worked on. I used to love jumping in and flying about when this was first released. Hope you get your problems sorted!

• Like 1

It's when you see something like this video,  you realize how incredible the mod is. Belated congrats guys!

Hey guys,

I found the original Hellfire sound terrible, it killed my ears for years, so I made a new one for my own usage. I took it from a real AH-64D guncam. It surely needs some more tweaking.

• Like 1

On 22-1-2017 at 4:53 AM, Sacha [CPA 20] said:

Hey guys,

I found the original Hellfire sound terrible, it killed my ears for years, so I made a new one for my own usage. I took it from a real AH-64D guncam. It surely needs some more tweaking.

Wow very nice, how did you do it?

9 hours ago, floris_heinen said:

Wow very nice, how did you do it?

Found some AH-64D FLIR footages on Youtube, I downloaded the sound of the tapes and I picked one amongst the others. The volume still needs to be tweaked down a bit as it appears too loud in game (I believe I found the sound entry in the .pbo of the aircraft, but I haven't looked more into that as it looks a bit tricky), furthermore, there are some high pitch tones at the end of my edited .ogg file (due to the Hellfire sounds being recorded trough the onboard intercom of the real aircraft) which I haven't erased. I'd like to redo the lightning system of the AH-64D aswell, but I don't know how Arma 3 handles lights logic. I wish I would have more free time to check it out...

1 hour ago, Sacha [CPA 20] said:

Found some AH-64D FLIR footages on Youtube, I downloaded the sound of the tapes and I picked one amongst the others. The volume still needs to be tweaked down a bit as it appears too loud in game (I believe I found the sound entry in the .pbo of the aircraft, but I haven't looked more into that as it looks a bit tricky), furthermore, there are some high pitch tones at the end of my edited .ogg file (due to the Hellfire sounds being recorded trough the onboard intercom of the real aircraft) which I haven't erased. I'd like to redo the lightning system of the AH-64D aswell, but I don't know how Arma 3 handles lights logic. I wish I would have more free time to check it out...

Never mind, this goes way above my head. Although it is cool to see how much room for improvement there is for this mod!

Here's a little update on my personal work regarding the AH-64D by the time we get a shiny brand new bug free Apache... Once again, it is just for private use as I don't have any permission to release it.

Here are the things that I edited and which may require some more work next time I'll get some free time :

• APU sound now last much more longer than before (not looped), but this allows to go trough all the procedures (even if the current ones are incorrect and heavilly simplified due to Arma engine limitations) while having the APU ambience running, just like in real life.
  • AGM-114 Hellfire sound come from the real aircraft, which got recorded trough the intercom (which explains some minor parasites).
  • AGM-114L Hellfire area of effect is now wider and the missile itself is more effective and deadly by the surroudings. Furthermore, the explosion aspect has been edited in order to match better what it should look like.
  • Mixed M230 sound which is the result of the original sound + a guncam sound on top of it.
  • M230 area of effect is wider and appears to be more deadly for light vehicules and infantries.
  • PNVS does now allow a much better zoom, in order to counteract Arma engines limitations regarding the onboard systems interactions of the real aircraft. The PNVS has been mixed with the TADS since the CPG and P* systems are not linked yet; that permits a better situationnal awareness and greatly improves the aircraft effectiveness.
  • "Click Helper" has been disabled.

• Like 8

Sacha [CPA 20] have you gotten all the bugs out of it as well?

Has anyone asked Nodunit and Franze if you can release an updated version? I'm sure many would love to have it :f:

• Like 1