franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

The chopper fly good,very nice chopper,have a little error but, we hope fixe the problen, is Arma 3 best chopper ever man 

, I  loved   :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

What is the error?

I know this sounds silly-but you are using the A3 version right? Not the Arma 2 one?

No, definitely using the A3 version. I can't figure it out.

Anyone have a way of figuring out what PBO files to reference for getting maps to work with the TSD Nav? I've been looking through texture files for an hour. =/

Trying to find the paa files for Arma 3 Chernarus' map.

fza_ah64_mapsizearea = 15360;
fza_ah64_maplist = ["\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound_2.paa","\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound.paa"];

Anyone have a way of figuring out what PBO files to reference for getting maps to work with the TSD Nav? I've been looking through texture files for an hour. =/

Trying to find the paa files for Arma 3 Chernarus' map.

fza_ah64_mapsizearea = 15360;

fza_ah64_maplist = ["\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound_2.paa","\fza_ah64_US\tex\mpd\notfound.paa"];

Yeah I'm not clear on how this works either. Is there a little guide somewhere with maps listed?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22320​

Scroll down to the link "Maps for AH-64D by Nodunit and Franze by geraldboso1899" for the map texture files.

Made a video on how to make it work in the older AH64D mod (ArmA 2 version in ArmA 3) but I'd assume it works in the A3 version as well.

​
  • Like 2

Awesome, thank you! Apparently the mod still has some other bugs we found while testing it for our server. Like if you die you lose the crosshair and the blue text no longer pops up and you can not interact with all the switches until you log off the server and log back in. We also found that the helicopter would hang in mid air for the pilot upon death and never hit the ground.  We had to turn down the mod from Live due to these issues.

Hey, this is an amazing mod - I do have a question, after reading through the manuals and experimenting...
How do you select specific munitions? So if I want to shoot an M or an N hellfire, how would I go about selecting that specific missile?

Edit: I am smart. You are smarter :P
I had the default load, meaning it would just switch to the next type of weapons when I hit F. Oops!

Any update regarding the AH-64D project ?

Please don't ask for updates brother. When Franze or nodunit feel there is information to release they will release it.

when I spawn in the helicopter or when I spawn outside of it and I enter the helicopter, i get the error of having no fuel, even with a fuel truck outside i can't refuel it making it impossible to fly. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Cheers

when I spawn in the helicopter or when I spawn outside of it and I enter the helicopter, i get the error of having no fuel, even with a fuel truck outside i can't refuel it making it impossible to fly. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Cheers

If you post what the actual error is that would help. Also what addons are you running?

I only get the ertoe with the NR AH-64. My char says out of fuel that's all the error I get

I only get the ertoe with the NR AH-64. My char says out of fuel that's all the error I get

Could you post a screenshot of the actual error message, and to clarify you are only using this addon and no others?

It's not an error.The heli is considered "out of fuel" until you go through the proper startup sequence. It is designed that way to stop people being able to fly without doing the proper startup, thats all :)

• Like 2

So, by gun tracking not working in multiclient, does that include the gun not moving after a certain point? Unless I smashed it on a tree or something, my buddy and I couldn't move the gun after ~10 minutes in the air. 

Something we did broke it I'd assume...
We were hosting it on his computer, and there was a good amount of lag involved (hardly a scientific approach for bug testing as well).

I think Bohemia restricted the turret position refresh frequency to prevent lagg. It'd be cool from Bohemia to be able to set refresh rates for specific vehicles.

Hi Nodunit and Franze

I am so hooked to this awesome mod. Salute. Used to play tons of hours in Jane's Longbow 2 which brings back so much memories. Need help on one area.

I have triple monitors setup and when I turn the head tracking mode on, the crosshair moves to my left monitor only and won't span across all 3 monitors. Is this right? Or am I missing something. Looking toward to any advise.

Keep up the awesome work. Much much appreciated

Hello guys,

Nice work to see this helicopter back on arma 3.

I would like to report you a bug. When i open the arming menu, i've error line 2363 and the ammo-load doesn't work.

Best Regards.

Hey Nodunit, Franze Love your mod it's fantastic. Been following since A2.

Just a minor thing, do you have any plans to upgrade the firing sound of the 30mm cannon?

It sounds a bit tinny & compressed through a decent sound system.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before

keep up the great work ;)

Ta

I have been redoing some of the sounds for this unit for my own personal use. The 30mm I re-recorded as with the internal cockpit sounds. I as well found the reason the Hellfire sounds too loud and fixed that bug too ( a decimal error in the sound entry). As well I have modified the engine sounds to correspond to thrust so they have what the BIS Helicopters have. I will submit my stuff to the mod makers if they are still around. ****Actually they should contact me as I have an offer to get this mod moving again.***

• Like 3

Hello, I wanted to ask you whether you are interested in a model helicopter MI-8 AMTSH ... I have a 80% complete model ... would like to offer you its further development ..

First of all a big thanks to Franze and Nodunit for their amazing contribution to the community.  The mod is a gem.

As for my two questions:

Has this A3 version of the mod already been updated when it comes to remote lasing by ground units?

If not, is this planned?

I'm currently using a workaround which looks like this,  Works quite okay, but not against moving targets.

_unit = _this select 0;

while{alive _unit} do
{
_laserpoint = lasertarget _unit;
if(!(isnull _laserpoint) && !(_laserpoint in fza_ah64_desiglist)) then
{
fza_ah64_desiglist = fza_ah64_desiglist + [_laserpoint];
publicvariable "fza_ah64_desiglist";
};
if(isnull _laserpoint) then
{
fza_ah64_desiglist = fza_ah64_desiglist - [_laserpoint];
};
sleep 1;
};

fza_ah64_desiglist = fza_ah64_desiglist - [_laserpoint];

Best regards,

Mud

Hey guys, when I using this mod the FPS decrease a little, can you fixe those error please, abaut this mod  is amazing, thank alot for you time and work, you guys make to Arma 3 better game, Realy! amazing Chopper :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Hey guys, when I using this mod the FPS decrease a little, can you fixe those error please, abaut this mod  is amazing, thank alot for you time and work, you guys make to Arma 3 better game, Realy! amazing Chopper :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

It's a very detailed model with some pretty complex scripting I think. So a performance hit should be expected. That said it shouldnt affect fps that much. How bad is it for you?