franze

AH-64D Apache Longbow for ArmA3 by Nodunit and Franze

I have a question, it seems that it is not possible to manually guide the missile ....
I see, guiding the missile is only by blocking target acquisition.  FCR\TADS\HMD sensors

So it is not possible to guide the missile towards a specific goal manually?

I have a question, it seems that it is not possible to manually guide the missile ....

I see, guiding the missile is only by blocking target acquisition.  FCR\TADS\HMD sensors

So it is not possible to guide the missile towards a specific goal manually?

It is, using TADS as SIGHT and HMD as ACQ while laser is on and headtracking enable. It comes handy when your FAC asks you to clear a building full of insurgents. That said, the AH-64D is meant for TrackIR users.

Discovered bug of the day :

• Hellfire launch sound playback is played as "environnement" instead of "voice" Arma 3 trigger style, which results hearing the missile just as you were sitting in the pit while being 200m away on the ground. Rockets sound might be concerned aswell, haven't checked yet.

Wondering if anyone can help, 

Cant seem to actually hit anything with the hellfires, 

They just fly straight forward, even though i have a solid lock, Any ideas?

Also, the armory doesn't seem to work either 

Great work though! 

Great work though! 

I'm guessing you're doing something wrong. Make sure to read the manual multiple times. The arming Menu works, as soon as you are the only one aboard the aircraft, once it's done, get your AI as CPG. We're running the AH-64D on a dedicated server, and I haven't figured any issue regarding the arming menu and the lock. What are your SIGHT and ACQ ? What kind of Hellfire are you using ? Have you got any PFZ ? Do you use any filter ? Are you the master (P-MSL) over the weapon system ? Make sure you're into LOBL mode if you do have RFs, setting up the aircraft properly is a must for a good shot.

2 - Possibly, I need to see if some of the AFM entries would allow this. I don't believe the base FM allows for it.

Franze, you may want to check this one below. In my recent addons, I use it to match the time needed for rotor to spool up with a real sound of starting-up engines. It's config-wise entry so will stay the same under standard FM.

class CfgVehicle -> class Youraddon -> startDuration = 120; 

It does, however, change a rotor spooling sound as well, so it may need to be adjusted. 

Great work though! 

First you want to make sure you have at least 1km between you and your target (further if the mode is LOAL), next check your lock setting be it LOAL or LOBL, are you flying with FCR or without, is the FCR on? (press \ key and you should see the radar turning and the FCR page will show the line sweeping.)   What is your ACQ, FCR or TADS?

If FCR then you need to make sure the target is visible on your FCR page, if its TADS Then you need to give the nose of the aircraft line of sight to the target or it can't lase. 

You also need to make sure you are facing your target in a 30 or so degree arc because the seeker heads need to see the target as well, this is indicated in your helmet display with a line at the bottom saying "NO LOS" (No Line Of Sight.)

Also you still have to use TAB, this may be changed in future.

For some reason the screen gets all blurry and unreadable at night with NV on.

070F9BD058EF3865D0AF17948E5D27890392617F

This is just a random thingy I encountered when I jumped out of the chopper (3d editor)

90F6A8DDDDD30762C102EC437E3F75F4CF153898

Just want to confirm that you are saying the gunner position does not work in multiplayer?

Update bug report:

- The gunner position does work in multiplayer, but it is very laggy.

- Upon destruction of the aircraft in multiplayer, it hangs in the air causing some rubberbanding.

- After destruction and respawning, the computer error sounds continue to play for an unknown amount of time.

Loving the mod, just hoping some of the bugs can be fixed.

Yes the gunner has some latency issues if the pilot is also a human, this is because of a patch BI put in that limited the amount of data that flowed from one client to another to inhibit spamming and taking down servers.
Not a bad thing mind you, afterall we were just playing the system as it were...to really fix this calls for alternative methods but it all hinges on gains and losses.

I'll look into the displays, I suspect its an rvmat setting from ole arma 2.

Rubber banding you say...hmm...we're aware that the tail hangs in the air and causes the frame to get stuck but to make it rubber band is curious, as for the destruction and respawning, are you using a dedicated or private server?

Dedicated server, with the mod loaded on the server and client.

I'll see if I can get some video of the various issues for you. Unfortunately I was not recording when it happened last time.

Thanks!

I don't have any technical updates, but here is a theme song I'm trying out for the upcoming campaign.

• Like 2

Hey Nodunit, Franze Love your mod it's fantastic. Been following since A2.

Just a minor thing, do you have any plans to upgrade the firing sound of the 30mm cannon?

It sounds a bit tinny & compressed through a decent sound system.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before

keep up the great work ;)

Ta

Some sounds may be on the list of things to upgrade, there are a number of things we'd both like to upgrade/change, what all those are at this point I cannot say.

• Like 1

I'm aware you guys can't recreate all buttons such as fuel pumps and other various important things since Arma bones architecture is kinda lame, but will the startup sequence be corrected ? The current one isn't accurate. I won't highlights all other procedures and checks, I'm just talking about corrections "engines management wise" with the content that has already been coded by you. Some actions needs to be inverted. Proper startup sequence as follows :

1. BATT/EXT PWR - ON

2. Master Caution Panel - DISPLAY

/w following indications illuminated : "LOW RPM ROTOR", "ENG 1 OUT", "ENG 2 OUT"

3. Master Caution Panel - PRESS TO TEST (/w all illuminated segments)

4. FIRE TEST DET (position 1 then 2)

5. APU - ON

6. RTR BRK - OFF

7. ENG1 - START :

• a. START switch - START.
  • b. PWR lever - IDLE after Ng speed increases and TGT is below 150°C
  • c. ENG OIL pressure gauge - Monitor.
  • d. TGT gauge - Monitor
  • e. Ng - Monitor

At this point the main rotor has already started to spin.

8. ENG2 - START (same procedure as ENG1)

9. PWR lever - FLY, after cockpit internal checks, MPD pages setup and prior to taxi. Np, Ng, torque and oil pressure should remain stable BEFORE pushing levers to FLY. Once levers are set, check Np and Nr = 100%.

10. APU - OFF, the APU should be able to be cut after engines start (when Np = 100% on at least one ENG, both engines prefered) as it consume fuel and makes additional noise.

I may change the sequence to be more accurate, but I likely won't add more complexity to it. The goal is to get a bit more than a simple key press but not as complex as a switchology sim.

• Like 1

I don't have any technical updates, but here is a theme song I'm trying out for the upcoming campaign.

Making be think of the Old Gunship2000 game from the Amiga :-)

Hey, folks, I've run into a problem that I'm not sure how to solve; I installed the latest AH-64D mod on the ArmAholic website, went into the editor, put a fuel and ammo truck down, and an empty helo next to it. I walk up to the helo, open the Arming menu, and following the manual's instructions, attempt to alter the default loadout. I'm met with the error message in this screenshot, and the weapons fail to load. Any ideas?

Hey, folks, I've run into a problem that I'm not sure how to solve; I installed the latest AH-64D mod on the ArmAholic website, went into the editor, put a fuel and ammo truck down, and an empty helo next to it. I walk up to the helo, open the Arming menu, and following the manual's instructions, attempt to alter the default loadout. I'm met with the error message in this screenshot, and the weapons fail to load. Any ideas?

What happens when you get in the chopper and try to rearm? I can't rearm from outside the chopper either but it works fine if you're in it, for me at least :)

What happens when you get in the chopper and try to rearm? I can't rearm from outside the chopper either but it works fine if you're in it, for me at least :)

Thanks, I'll give that a shot and report back.

Well, the arming worked, but I ran into yet another problem. I managed to start the engines and take off, but the tail rotor is screwed somehow, and keeps spinning me out of control, turning me to the right. Trying to correct that by fighting the controls does nothing.

Well, the arming worked, but I ran into yet another problem. I managed to start the engines and take off, but the tail rotor is screwed somehow, and keeps spinning me out of control, turning me to the right. Trying to correct that by fighting the controls does nothing.

I know this sounds silly-but you are using the A3 version right? Not the Arma 2 one?

The chopper fly good,very nice chopper,have a little error but, we hope fixe the problen, is Arma 3 best chopper ever man 

, I  loved   :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Can you add those same flares to AH 64 Apache please