@eble good to see you still around. get in touch some time i would love to have you on the testers team for the planes!

@wld427 How are you progressing?

The reason I'm asking is that, a year ago, @SHJ-Studio released his ArmA Rearmed 2 mod.

Which was a very faithful reproduction of the A1 campaigns in A2 engine.

So do you plan for PRACS v3 to be an identical reproduction of their A1 incarnation?

Or are you modifying PRACS v3's unit list depending on resources and your bandwidth?

have you not seen his arma2 PRACS mod? i imagine it will be close to that in spirit.

• Like 1

The Arma 1 incarnation of the RACS left... well, a lot to be desired. PRACS is just... better.

Though, as far as I know, all development is currently devoted to the SLA Faction Mod, which is providing a bit more inspiration at the moment.

• Like 2

Hey, Wld! It's so good to hear that PRACS is making its way into the Arma 3 verse! I have a question about the Royal Marines. Are you intending on expanding them with equipment or arms or are you keeping them the same? Would they be getting standard equipment as the Royal army or still hand-me-downs? I ask because the Royal Sahrani Marines were always my favourite group to fight under. 

I know you said that the Royal Marines weren't traditional Marines like say The United States Marine Corps or the Royal Korean Marine Corps. But are you trying to aim for the British Royal Marines or Thai Marines? I'm just excited because being a Marine myself, I'd like to stick with a faction I'm familiar with.

Also, any chance of seeing the F-4E phantoms in action or are you keeping the air force assets the same? I just thought it'd go alone with the Mirages and A-4s.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions. I'm just so excited to see this back.

I really have not put much thought into the marines just yet. I probably will keep them much as they are. My main focus is on the SLA mod right now. Hopefully soon i will shift back to this side.  

• Like 4

Oh my, I do believe I have the vapours! In all seriousness, what do you think the Navy would be like? This isn't like a request, just wondering what your thoughts are.

The Navy will be very limited. Most likely the return of the Sekra class missile boat re-gunned. and some small vessels patrol boats maybe a PBR. 

Nothing too extravagant. The majority of its power will lie in its air wing and its ability to keep enemy ships away from Sahrani shores. 

• Like 6

Ok, thanks! Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything crazy, just some gun and missile boats. Sounds like it'll be tons of fun! I'm sure you have better things to do, but I had an idea or two about that. :D

On 8/29/2017 at 9:53 PM, yevgeni89 said:

Being a Royalists, this makes me happy 

God King and Country gamer

Will this also rely on RHS in the manner of PRACS: SLA?

5 hours ago, bars91 said:

Will this also rely on RHS in the manner of PRACS: SLA?

right this second NO. but most likely eventually will.

USAF and GREF modules certainly have alot of appropriate equipment (M113, PASGT, HMMWV etc) already available so there's that. )

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Greensnack said:

Is  the lvtp 7  considered to be made for this mod?

I doubt it. The Marine portion of the faction will probably shrink a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, wld427 said:

I doubt it. The Marine portion of the faction will probably shrink a lot. 

sad to hear that

I know this might sound like blasphemy, but I wouldn't mind RACS "upgrading" their Leo 2's not unlike several countries ATM (Sweden, Poland and Singapore to name a few) - pretty much an A3 AAF tank retexture )

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, bars91 said:

I know this might sound like blasphemy, but I wouldn't mind RACS "upgrading" their Leo 2's not unlike several countries ATM (Sweden, Poland and Singapore to name a few) - pretty much an A3 AAF tank retexture )

Nahh. If the AAF isn't even getting global leos until 2035, let RACS have a mixed fleet of Leopard 1s and 2s. Purchasing to outfit an entirely rebuilt military is expensive, especially when buying from Western NATO nations. Early Leopards would be a good compromise when having to take into account everything else. But ultimately, all that is up to the mod's creator hehe.

I doubt any of the nations currently upgrading their L2s are going to do more then a dozen a year so older models would ofc be the bulk of the deal, while upgraded tanks would be relegated to Guards units and such (like the G36 equipped guards from A1).

It's just that this upgrade seems to be popular and available enough IRL that i'm even beginning to suspend my disbelief for AAF being the local ill-equipped "micro-nation" military of 2030's...

LoL wouldn't have guessed back in 2013 that merely 4 years later I would look at Vanilla A3 (Mi-48 bullshit excluded) and think: "yeah, this 'aint that cyberpunk no more" )))

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bars91 said:

YES....

I was going to keep it on the DL for now but since you guys are asking... we will round out the Armored Corps with a Leo2A5.... 

I dont plan on retexturing much if any vanilla A3 content. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wld427 said:

I dont plan on retexturing much if any vanilla A3 content. 

Reasonable call anyways!

While many smaller militaries, not unlike RACS, are upgrading to almost A3 high-tech low-drag small-scale operator force, having a more oldschool small force will be interesting to fight as/against a more up-to-date OpFor!

• Like 2

Could you give the royalists a scorpion light tank and A4 skyhawk preferably a modern version like the kahu?