Wld - Would you consider using the North Koreans as inspiration for RACs? The original RACs was a mix of Middle East in the Korean Peninsula (North and South Sahari). So perhaps a future NK inspired crew? You can move them forward to 2035 and "merge" both North and South to give the units an excuse to update from today's REAL WORLD arsenal.

I don't understand how you could link the North Koreans and RACS together, did you play Arma(1)? RACS is inspired what happened in the events of that game, also at the end of the day its wld427 choice. Its his mod, to do things his way. ;)

• Like 2

Actually I did and we all know the actual Sahrani  island itself was modeled after North and South Korea hence the idea of NK OpFor in RACS. Wld did say he wanted an Asian inspiration and Apex already has Chinese in it. There are also 2 PLA mods already but no NK mods. Well there is an NK uniform mods.

It is not far fetched to have other nationals enter any region for conflict. Look at the EU right now. :P

As for 2035, noted. That is 100% up to Wld and was a suggestion so he can have freedom to incorporate more assets into game faster. He can keep the technology level at whatever "era" he wants to be.

• Like 1

Actually I did and we all know the actual Sahrani  island itself was modeled after North and South Korea hence the idea of NK OpFor in RACS. Wld did say he wanted an Asian inspiration and Apex already has Chinese in it. There are also 2 PLA mods already but no NK mods. Well there is an NK uniform mods.

It is not far fetched to have other nationals enter any region for conflict. Look at the EU right now. :P

As for 2035, noted. That is 100% up to Wld and was a suggestion so he can have freedom to incorporate more assets into game faster. He can keep the technology level at whatever "era" he wants to be.

I honestly am more apt to stick with the same timeline and logistical ideas I have been using for the last nearly 10 years. I just don't get the future stuff. maybe it's because I am an old fart. I prefer things that i could go out on the flight line today and touch or weapons I have personally held or faced in combat. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. 

Check this link out. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Sahrani

BIS actually placed Sahrani in the north Atlantic ocean. 

• Like 3

Valken, I think you're taking "asian-themed opfor" waayy too literally. I think it was meant in the sense of "Paramilitary Communist guerrillas", not actual Asian soldiers. 

• Like 2

@ war_lord - I was probably overthinking it :D 

With all the recent news of Kim Jong-Un claiming to have successfully "nuked" the USA in a mock wargame, he does make a good source for villainy based on one's perspective.  

...And the reason North Korea makes such absurd claims is to hide from the North Korean people, that that the only thing stopping the whole country starving to death is food aid from the aforementioned USA among others. I'm sorry, I just don't find half a country being held hostage by mad men a source of mirth. 

this is the closest thing to a realistic Tanoa island conflict:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bougainville_Civil_War

might prove inspirational - right tech and era bud.

http://www.statecrime.org/testimonyproject/bougainville#chapter1

the more you read about it, the more you think maybe BI based Tanoa on this.

The giant copper mine in the centre of it all kinda makes it obvious

• Like 2

You could do something based around a civil war after an attempted coup by part of the Tanoan armed forces. Fiji was a major inspiration for Tanoa, and it has a disproportionately large military, and a history of attempted military coups.    

• Like 1

OPFOR is a long long way down the road....

Work continues on aircraft and equipment relevant to the current goals...

20160803003417_1.jpg

• Like 13

OPFOR is a long long way down the road....

Work continues on aircraft and equipment relevant to the current goals...

20160803003417_1.jpg

What is that Jet Called?

That's the (French design) Etenard as I recall.

Pretty!  :)

• Like 2

It's a super etendard alright. Was used mainly in the french and argentinian navy to carry exocet antiship missiles or bombs when used in attack role (although had a very low payload capacity).

• Like 5

FOX 2 bitches.....

20160806182533_1.jpg

20160806182444_1.jpg

• Like 14

Very excited for this, already got a few missions on Sahrani ready for these guys. :D 

I know you said you'll bring back the Red Brigade, do you plan on them for the first release? Opens up a lot of scenarios for coup/green on blue style missions.

Opens up a lot of scenarios for coup/green on blue style missions.

you read my mind man, i have a scenario in my mind now related to coup :P

FOX 2 bitches.....

Is that a Python?  -4 or -5?  Shouldn't it be FOX ONE ?  :P

Edit to add the plane looks "perfect" in-game.  Proper shading etc. which is sometimes hard to achieve.  I guess somebody got their RVMAT's fixed :)

• Like 1

Is that a Python?  -4 or -5?  Shouldn't it be FOX ONE ?  :P

Edit to add the plane looks "perfect" in-game.  Proper shading etc. which is sometimes hard to achieve.  I guess somebody got their RVMAT's fixed :)

Afaik the Python is a Dual Band (Thermal/UV) Missile so i would say Fox Two is correct, as Fox One indicates the launch of a radarguided AAM.

I've come to break your boat..... AM39 Exocet

20160809225711_1.jpg

• Like 17

I've come to break your boat..... AM39 Exocet

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr57/ProjectRACS/20160809225711_1.jpg

Man, not my boat! I like my boat man! Ima throw some fishingstring in ya jet and pull ya plane down to the water!

But on a serious note - Looks amaizng ! Can't wait ;)

Edited by R0adki11
don't quote images
  • Like 3

well... since we already let the Foxes run and broke your boat....... the rest of the crew is here to wreck anything you might have left....

20160819145507_1.jpg

20160819145018_1.jpg

20160819145106_1.jpg

20160819150703_1.jpg

My screenshots suck. Hopefully i can get this out to the testers by the end of the weekend so they can do a much nicer job. 

• Like 11

Ask, and ye shall receive. Some shots I've taken while testing the P-3 Orion and the Etendard, both excellently configured and in flying shape!

F50649E5E7DBBADABC6535CF4C0171CB1CDF404C

F1B7D833DA4F11CD2BC252FB70FB0525145D17B8

7B842ABC199E48916565707C8983023435DFB157

B1B4BCE2C8D00FFCD5404236F5F2C0F4255D95D2

0960A9DD329D31240109CBDDDF211D912AF53F2C

• Like 19

Just a side note... i got a little ahead of myself with the naval aircraft. It just felt right with the release of Tanoa.

• Like 4