i normally only use PBO project anyways but that one fails too....

error4.jpg

Does that happen with one specific pbo?

I'd try making a backup of the current modfolder and revert to an older one to see if it's caused by something specific in the mod.

Alternatively, i'd try verifying the integrity of the tools through steam, maybe some file is corrupted, happens from time to time, especially after updates.

• Like 1

Also try making sure the program is run as "administrator" that normally helps as it elevates the permission setup.

Apparently it's a error when running Vista.... D'uh...

Seems like it.... the annoying part is it all worked before the update...

I have not updated my computer yet as I have not "needed" too. I am retired and live on a fixed income so a new computer has been a back burner priority. Unfortunately now things may have to change. 

Geez, you must upgrade your computer for a video game.  LOL

Remember all the old "you have to upgrade your .net install" or "you must update to the latest visual basic libraries" issues in the past... this appears to be the same thing.  I would be surprised if the tools rely on a specific "OS" file... they should reference your basic libraries but, unlike BIS, Windows doesn't change the basic underlying structure.  They SHOULD still work.

The "run as administrator" should DEFINITELY be done... that makes a world of difference.  ALSO... windows compatibility mode.  It usually works backwards - in Vista, run as WinXP, etc.  There may be a basic setting there, however.

Finally, could you try running the mikero tool in DOS mode... if there is a windows UI DLL it is referencing, this would eliminate that out of the picture.

Well let me back-track here... definitely a version issue:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683219%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Remarks

Starting with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Psapi.h establishes version numbers for the PSAPI functions. The PSAPI version number affects the name used to call the function and the library that a program must load.

So basically, this confirms that "starting with Win7" the library is "touched" differently by windows.  Therefore you are stuck if you are on Vista.  Sorry about that.  I feel your pain on the upgrade "necessity" vs. financial issue.  That really sucks.  HOWEVER you might just want to try to d/l Win7 or Win10 as it is really only nagware... you don't get "penalized" as in the past where it would lock you out.  Now, you won't get security updates, but at least you'd have the latest code base.

Turns out this is all vista related.....

parts for new machine should be here in a few days...... i needed to upgrade anyhow.... Bought my computer in 2009.

sucks for us old farts and all this techno crap :)

• Like 1

Turns out this is all vista related.....

parts for new machine should be here in a few days...... i needed to upgrade anyhow.... Bought my computer in 2009.

sucks for us old farts and all this techno crap :)

I hear ya.  Windows 7 is the "sweet spot" for me and I haven't updated to Win10 although I'm in the tech industry :)  Although Win10 isn't bad... wifey's computer is Win10.  I want it mostly for all the hotfix/OS updates.  I immediately install the "Classic Shell" freeware addon that restores the good old start menu :)

Hey there, can't wait to see this great mod in Arma3 and thank you in advance.

i am currently using units from PRACS for Arma2 in Arma3 and when using Missile command all missiles just explodes in the air and directly after  launch. anyone knows any trick to solve it or it is related to game engine you think?

in case you don't have an idea we will be happily waiting for the release for Arma3 anyway.

thanks for all your efforts and for the good job

i am currently using units from PRACS for Arma2 in Arma3 and when using Missile command all missiles just explodes in the air and directly after  launch. anyone knows any trick to solve it or it is related to game engine you think?

in case you don't have an idea we will be happily waiting for the release for Arma3 anyway.

It's probably related to the fact you're using a mod made for a previous game Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 3

It's probably related to the fact you're using a mod made for a previous game Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, and this is why i am asking for a possible solution until we get the mod for arma3, 

thank you slatts for replying .

You missed his point... the solution is to have patience until the Arma 3 version is released.

• Like 4

download and use the "all in arma standalone mod" if you still want to use the A2 stuff for now....

A3 will be retreaded and re geared with the same theme as the A2 version of PRACS but with a lot of updates, improvements and changes. 

New machine is up and running..... we shall have the project back in gear shortly. 

• Like 4

download and use the "all in arma standalone mod" if you still want to use the A2 stuff for now....

Or CUP :D (Disclosure: I contributed the F-35B port in it.)

• Like 1

A3 will be retreaded and re geared with the same theme as the A2 version of PRACS but with a lot of updates, improvements and changes. 

New machine is up and running..... we shall have the project back in gear shortly. 

Great news, cant wait for Pracs3  :D

Or CUP :D (Disclosure: I contributed the F-35B port in it.)

He wants Project RACS, not CUP. Please troll for users elsewhere. 

He wants Project RACS, not CUP. Please troll for users elsewhere.

T'was in the same vein as your mention of AiA: both until you make PRACS available.

On the topic of PRACS however, should I dare to hope that PRACS will be a standalone addon/set thereof with no external mod dependencies? I saw no mention of them in the OP.

T'was in the same vein as your mention of AiA: both until you make PRACS available.

On the topic of PRACS however, should I dare to hope that PRACS will be a standalone addon/set thereof with no external mod dependencies? I saw no mention of them in the OP.

Project RACS is and always will be standalone. 

I am targeting my ammunition values to be in line with CUP and RHS. My goal is for players to use either of them seamlessly.

I am thinking of an asian/NVA/VC themed OPFOR for the A3 iteration.....Tanoan army 2016 or something like that.... but that will be down the road a bit.... if someone does it in the mean time i may do an extension mod like the old TK extension. May still do that for some of the CUP and RHS factions.... i dunno. Just want to get PRACS up an running first. 

• Like 11

Great :)

I am targeting my ammunition values to be in line with CUP and RHS. My goal is for players to use either of them seamlessly.

Yes, it would be nice to have it work with CUP and RHS, such great mods.

It would be cool to have Pracs mod overhaul the RACS Faction from CUP.

I am thinking of an asian/NVA/VC themed OPFOR for the A3 iteration.....Tanoan army 2016 or something like that.... but that will be down the road a bit.... if someone does it in the mean time i may do an extension mod like the old TK extension. May still do that for some of the CUP and RHS factions.... i dunno. Just want to get PRACS up an running first. 

Hmmmm, this is a hard choice, well a few tanoan factions like Gov vs. Pol Pot kind of Red faction

But although the Green Sea region needs their factions also, the Aziz Takistan would be an ok choice also

But what about remaking the old Sahrani war maybe? the old kingdom of south sahrani vs quote on quote democratic republic of sahrani?

I remember back in the day when the north had a few mig-23's and mig-27's   I miss those days

anw just some things I would like to add

in past year or so I've been trying to mod in some stuff in my free time

one major addon I made but was buggy as hell was the Kingdom of Karzeghistan

a faction never interpreted in arma 2 oa,

I made it based on 1950->1970 kingdom of Jordan and a bit of Kuwait. stuff included some old british equipment like the centurion mk5 and saladin, Saracen  apc and a few other things, old weapons also, even the royal guards had ww2 English rifles, airforce included 2 rusty late era spitfires, lol, but I scrapped the mod cuz I got bored from arma 2

anw, I want to give you something I'm currently working on that you might need more than I do, I wont tell u what it is yet, but its something not overpowered, not new, was used by many countries, something made in the commonwealth

the only thing I will tell u is, do you know those Super Etendards? huh?  how do they get around the and into the warzone?

• Like 1

i just found this thread - late to the party again. just to publicly offer, in support of pooks offer, that you still have full access to the rangemaster mod files. feel free to browse it and take what you need. if it has a specific author / credit issue i am sure we can help resolve it.

keep up the good work and i hope you get that vista issue sorted out.

last day for free win 10 upgrade was 2 days ago, im sticking with win 7, as all my program licenses are for win7, and i dont want the hassle of reinstalling everything in win 10.

i will wait til either my HDD or motherboard dies.

• Like 7

Hey wld427, I keep meaning to reply to this thread but keep getting distracted. you're doing some epic work here homie, and I can't wait to play around with this!

If you wanna use any of my contributions to RHS or any of my weapons from my standalone pack, please just pull them out and repack as you see fit.

Keep up the hard work, you're doing great! :D

• Like 7

Wld - Would you consider using the North Koreans as inspiration for RACs? The original RACs was a mix of Middle East in the Korean Peninsula (North and South Sahari). So perhaps a future NK inspired crew? You can move them forward to 2035 and "merge" both North and South to give the units an excuse to update from today's REAL WORLD arsenal.

Lookin' good, lookin' good...

Wld - Would you consider using the North Koreans as inspiration for RACs? The original RACs was a mix of Middle East in the Korean Peninsula (North and South Sahari). So perhaps a future NK inspired crew? You can move them forward to 2035 and "merge" both North and South to give the units an excuse to update from today's REAL WORLD arsenal.

Umnnn no....

In all honesty i do not feel the same "inspiration" as you on this. 

Since Arma1 we have been working on the premise of an eastern Atlantic island nation with influences from the UK, Spain, US, and Russia. Arma1 presented the Sahrani Civil War. 

Arma2 we presented a united nation under the Kingdom of Sahrani. The army was re-tooled and focused on aligning itself with NATO and supporting operations in the Green Sea region.

Arma3 iteration will be much of the same as Arma2... but continued. Improved munitions, weapons, and organization is the initial focus. I am adding upgrades to the legacy systems, and searching for modernization items.  Eventually this will evolve into the full RACS faction fleshed out as a complete independent army or Green Force. 

the 2035 thing. I dont feel it.... like at all.... In fact i think it is so stupid that i quit modding for over 3 years. Only thing that got me back into the game was RHS and CUP. 

What i am considering is an Asian themed OPFOR similar to NK or NVA-VC-ARVN type of flavor. I will arm them as well with legacy equipment. I just don't like the sci-fi future terminator wanna be that default arma3 is.

This is honestly quite far down the road. I have my new machine up and running, and finally got the tools I need working again. Now work can proceed with getting the RACS done first.

Be advised this is no attempt to compete with CUP or overshadow things others have made. Other teams have armies of very talented people doing their own thing.  Each of us have our own ideas about what we think the RACS faction could or should be. This is simply my version.

I think i will bring the Red Brigade back as RACS troops equipped with eastern bloc weapons... but it will be small.  

• Like 6