Sign in to follow this  
karbiner

Buldozer error 86

As the title says.. When I try to start buldozer I get an error saying "Arma 3 could not start (error code:86)" I verified the cache for arma and the arma tools but nothing is working..

I've seen this before and i'm sure it's when the Steam ID has the wrong value for the game/tools, I'll see if i can find more info but i'm 99% sure that is the cause.

same error after the last update.

i tried to start Bulldozer and had this error, after starting Arma 3 Game was gone,  that's fixed it for me

maybe something missing in the registry?

Make a new .txt file in the root of your P drive and name is steam_appid, open it and add the following number 107410

Save and try launching BD

Doesn't work :( And yeah forgot to mention I started having this problem after latest update.

something your are missing on your installation folder.

Arma 3 Game works?

how you installed your Pdrive with Mikero´s A3P?

When I start TB it tells me "The source directory is Arma 3 Tools directory. It is recommended to create a dedicated directory. Please, consider changing the source." This obviously has something to do with it but my english isnt competent enough to see what this is about...Because if I go to the tools directory the buldozer.exe is right there...

When I start TB it tells me "The source directory is Arma 3 Tools directory. It is recommended to create a dedicated directory. Please, consider changing the source." This obviously has something to do with it but my english isnt competent enough to see what this is about...Because if I go to the tools directory the buldozer.exe is right there...

I will improve this message. In short, it's not recommended to use the install directory of the tools as source for P Drive. It's better and safer to create a new directory outside of the tools and use this directory for all your projects. 

Still not getting it.. :P Arma Tools is installed on my C drive while the P drive partitions from D drive..

Are you saying I should reinstall the tools on another disk?

Still not getting it.. :P Arma Tools is installed on my C drive while the P drive partitions from D drive..

In this case, something is probably wrong at the registry level because the message fires only when Config.WorkDirPathUsr == Config.ToolsPath (P drive source == Tools install directory). Can you verify your local files from Steam and then start Arma 3 Tools from it? It will set the registry entries correctly.

Also, have you define the source of P drive via the launcher? If so, be sure that "use default" is unchecked.

I reinstalled the tools on my C drive now but its still not working, even after verifying the cache.

Maybe you would be willing to help me via teamviewer?

Now I dont get the Error 86 message anymore but buldozer is still not starting

Hi, error 86 (launching buldozer). I´ve solved it, running Arma 3 Tools, then \ Work Drive Management \ Install Buldozer. (After checking cache). Looks simple, but in my chase was effective.

In spite of that, I can´t keep moving on, because of the "Layers Generation". Every time I Hit on "Generate Layers" TBuilder crashes.

On 30-5-2016 at 7:48 AM, donjuandavis said:

Hi, error 86 (launching buldozer). I´ve solved it, running Arma 3 Tools, then \ Work Drive Management \ Install Buldozer. (After checking cache). Looks simple, but in my chase was effective.

In spite of that, I can´t keep moving on, because of the "Layers Generation". Every time I Hit on "Generate Layers" TBuilder crashes.

Ive got the same issue and at this point i'm starting to get angry. i'm losing my temper because i'm trying to fix problems with this whole program ever since november 2016. ones you fix the small bug in the layers config because you had a typo and you're like "Ow well now thats fixed i can start up buldozer and get on working" and than with the flick of a Magic Bugging Wand :icon_bash:  a wild error appears and so ON and ON and ON!

some how google looks into the future and perfectly predict what my next problem is.

anyways...

if someone knows how to fix it all, be my guest and a thanks in advance.