Jakub BXBX Horyna

ARMA 3 - official mod, ADR-97 weapon pack

pls put this into apex dlc. please please

It is free to download from workshop ,but it would be nice for APEX users to already have it in game files for easy usage  :D 

• Like 1

Its kinda nice espaccially the transparent mags!

But they weight of the gun is way off and you can store it in your uniform without it taking any space. 
Thats an unfair advantage if you play PVP on a sever with stamina... needs a fix.

And on a side note, an "official addon" having such a mistake might be considered to be embarrassing.

As I see you are still testing stuff lets keep it as constructive criticism.

DFC339F7CC2A183AD4A14FC626F306FAA528FC81

• Like 2

Its kinda nice espaccially the transparent mags!

But they weight of the gun is way off and you can store it in your uniform without it taking any space. 

Thats an unfair advantage if you play PVP on a sever with stamina... needs a fix.

And on a side note, an "official addon" having such a mistake might be considered to be embarrassing.

As I see you are still testing stuff lets keep it as constructive criticism.

You may not realise the point of this addon is to demonstrate the the one-click nature of the Workshop and Launcher.

• Like 3

You may not realise the point of this addon is to demonstrate the the one-click nature of the Workshop and Launcher.

I do, and doing so with quality content would benefit that cause and give greater incentive for communitys to use said content.

But putting this mod on our server would just mess up balanced gameplay wich means going through the steps of installing it would be unnecessary work and a waste of time.

This is mearly to report that mistake, and I do hope its a mistake, if I am wrong here where else to report "bugs".

Also the Sitrep #00153 says: "...One of our goals was to show how easy it can be to discover, install and maintain such content via the official Launcher..."

So there is something to maintain now.

And to put one on top of that the OPREP - Official Mod says:

"... - if you have any feedback - BXBX will be scouring the forums. If he finds the time, you might be able to expect some tweaks, additions and upgrades in future..."

• Like 2

If that's the only reason this mod exists and is an official mod, that's asking for bad reputation.

• Like 4

If that's the only reason this mod exists and is an official mod, that's asking for bad reputation.

Agreed either do it right or don't do it at all, now it's understandable if life circumstances come in and thus you have to stop.

• Like 1

Well its a small mistake with rather large consequences for gameplay. If I am not mistaken this is missing in the config.bin

class cfgWeapons section

mass = x; /// mass of a weapon

allowedSlots[] = {901}; // 701 stands for vest, 801 stands for uniform, 901 stands for backpack

and then some ajustments for the long barrel variants wich you get from wikipedia or FN Herstal's product page.

P90: ~2.8 KG

PS90: ~3.1 KG

both with empty mags

funny fact: the mags got wheight and it seems apropriate so I guess it was just forgotten

@Roadkill,,, your forum posts are among the few select that no matter the topic i will always stop to read, and as that very respected and long time knowlegable of all things Arma I would like to share this thought with you and hear your thoughts.   Indeed, B.I. passed out this little treat as a showcase as to what is possible in the world of custom modification and to promote their recent focus of providing as much official support for community made addons as they have time to devote time and staff to. I am also thinking that [from what I see] the vast majority of community made works are being produced by the same talent that has been producing quality additions for years and there hasn't been much of an "awakening" of new content creators. Do you think that could have also been on their minds with this release, and also do you think it's possible that one of the largest reasons we are seeing a downturn of new addon authors and content creators with this title is in any way due to it being more complicated than say, with A2 or older releases? And finally,,, as a guy who has developed a deep passion for this company, this community, and the content creators of Arma, I feel a strong urge myself to develop a meaningful contribution to the game and make my own addon for others to enjoy but the literature on such topics of 'how to get started', 'introductions to arma scripting and modeling' are all heavily outdated. What do you think could remedy these issues so that the community at-large can become more fruitful and involved as so many are eager to do?   

*Any other veteran content creators please feel free to weigh in on this with your opinions as well*

• Like 1

@Roadkill,,, your forum posts are among the few select that no matter the topic i will always stop to read, and as that very respected and long time knowlegable of all things Arma I would like to share this thought with you and hear your thoughts.   Indeed, B.I. passed out this little treat as a showcase as to what is possible in the world of custom modification and to promote their recent focus of providing as much official support for community made addons as they have time to devote time and staff to. I am also thinking that [from what I see] the vast majority of community made works are being produced by the same talent that has been producing quality additions for years and there hasn't been much of an "awakening" of new content creators. Do you think that could have also been on their minds with this release, and also do you think it's possible that one of the largest reasons we are seeing a downturn of new addon authors and content creators with this title is in any way due to it being more complicated than say, with A2 or older releases? And finally,,, as a guy who has developed a deep passion for this company, this community, and the content creators of Arma, I feel a strong urge myself to develop a meaningful contribution to the game and make my own addon for others to enjoy but the literature on such topics of 'how to get started', 'introductions to arma scripting and modeling' are all heavily outdated. What do you think could remedy these issues so that the community at-large can become more fruitful and involved as so many are eager to do?   

*Any other veteran content creators please feel free to weigh in on this with your opinions as well*

If you take a look at armaholic, For every new "Arma game" the tutorials and tools and information is less quantity and less quality. I think that BI will have to release theyr own Mod, Guide for selling, I prefer to buy an oficial document explaining me how can I do things correctly for the game than this strategy guide for example.

https://store.bistudio.com/products/arma3-tactical-guide-printed

Sorry I'm curious but I can't watch a 15 minute vid for "proof".  Could you be more descriptive than "over powered"?

Sorry I'm curious but I can't watch a 15 minute vid for "proof".  Could you be more descriptive than "over powered"?

The Video shows that the gun penetrates as good as a 5.56 and he gets several consecutive hits at a target 500m and 1km away easily when in reality the real world counterpart of this gun has an Effective range of 200m at most.

And for you I did pick out the right parts of the video.

500m bullet trajetory comparison to 5.56: https://youtu.be/zfRxUT63t9I?t=6m59s

1000m accuracy test: https://youtu.be/zfRxUT63t9I?t=10m28s

• Like 1

Oh boy....I feel I'm back in the BATTLEFIELD world of little whining girls....OP this..OP that..nerf this...nerf that....it's just a game for god sake. Don't like the mod? don't use it. It seam OP to you.? avoid server that implement it. Bottom line:live and let live. :P

• Like 1

Love the update, well done!

• Like 1

Well the issue I pointed out is fixed and a lot of issues I heard seem to be fixed aswell.

Nice work guys!

Next step bring it to the Arma 3 standards and then put it into the game some time after Apex :)

• Like 2

Hello author guy, I've made a new reloading sound of ADR-97 for you. The sound comes from Arma3 and free internet sound remix.

Unlike the default sound, this one is fitting the reloading animation perfectly.

Perhaps try for yourself?

Steam workshop link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684037669

Feel feel to merge the sound into the offical mod. I'll be super happy if you do so.  :D

• Like 1

Hello author guy, I've made a new reloading sound of ADR-97 for you. The sound comes from Arma3 and free internet sound remix.

Unlike the default sound, this one is fitting the reloading animation perfectly.

Perhaps try for yourself?

Steam workshop link:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684037669

Feel feel to merge the sound into the offical mod. I'll be super happy if you do so.  :D

hwat. That's a fuck load more than just a sound you've changed.

hwat. That's a fuck load more than just a sound you've changed.

Ha. I take that as a compliment.

Dont know the reason to do a new mod to update an already existing mod.... can anybody explain that to me?

Dont know the reason to do a new mod to update an already existing mod.... can anybody explain that to me?

He changed the name on some of the variants and added a bunch of ammo types in addition to his reload sound change.  So since it's mostly a config change you need the base mod for most of the assets and overlay his ammo/sound mod over the top.

I also love ARMA community. Believe me or not - i know/tried almost every mod that available for arma 3 and plenty of missions too, but i sadly noticed that most of those really great mods are abandoned - no support for amra updates, no changes and improvements, no bug-fixes, no posts and replies from mod-makers...     I really don see how payed mods can harm the community? If somebody personally wish to make content for free - so they are welcome, but if some prefer top earn some money for his work - why not ?

But let push the payment subject aside, the main idea of my post was that before Bohemia promote Steam Workshop, they need to take care of very serious problem like - Inability to download content from workshop, so the the whole idea of workshop is useless for people like me. And heavily contaminated workshop, that have no rules and restrictions and become more useless each day!

I relate and agree on the whole steam workshop thing. The B.I.S. launcher has proven over-complex for me in addition.  Using http://www.armaholic.com/to manually download mods, or the direct mirror that many community devs provide here on their release page is the method I began managing my mod library and continues to this day to be the only route I will install addons. Steamworks is a large corporation , and as such is continually seeking new ways to increase profit margins, if that meant the end user (all of us 'leechers') paying a small modest fee monthly to have access to modded content and all of those funds were collectively used 100% to create new tools and engine abilities for content creators to expand on what their true vision and goal is for their particular addons and they [as the creators] were able to retain full rights and control of their proprietary creations, then the discussion might not be met with such disdain by the creators-at-large, but these are intelligent men and they are more than aware of the corporate serpent of greed that controls this industry and will never sign their souls away for a couple measly bucks a month so 'Steamworks'  and any other 3rd party entity can fatten their pockets on the backs of their hard works. I believe that is the debate wrapped up in a nutshell. Thank You for playing 'devils advocate' here on this topic and I hope it serves the purpose to lay this idea to bed forever. B.I.S. stands with it's community creators 100% just as they do in turn. This Is War & we here in the Armaverse leave no man unattended or left behind. Long live & may God continue to be with the Arma franchise and all of it's many fine veteran and budding new community creators.