Jakub BXBX Horyna

ARMA 3 - official mod, ADR-97 weapon pack

Hi everybody
I and my friends made small addon "The ADR-97 Weapon Pack" for ARMA 3, we did it "mostly" in our spare time and BI helped us to release it on steam.
It was released as an 'official mod' to help players discover the possibilities of custom content.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669962280

Enjoy, and I am looking forward to feedback.

thank you for all reports and ideas, we did some tweaks

Update:

Added: New camo variants

Added: New sound sets
Added: Sound of the cases falling on the ground
Changed: Model has been polished
Tweaked: Update of the config
Tweaked: Config for dispersion, mass, ammunition etc...

• Like 28

What type of license are you applying to your work?

It is a nice example but wouldn't be a better idea to add this directly into the game?

• Like 13

Any chance of a non steam download? Looks very good from the pictures.

• Like 3

It is a nice example but wouldn't be a better idea to add this directly into the game?

Putting it straight into the game would be a great idea :)

• Like 3

Putting it straight into the game would be a great idea :)

The problem with that is then the developers have to officially support it through bug fixes or whatever else in the future.

The problem with that is then the developers have to officially support it through bug fixes or whatever else in the future.

But its already "officially supported".

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing this and any future official mod being released similar to how the Arma 1 and 2 packages were released to remove the need to update it and allow other modders to take on the project if that was ever needed.

What type of license are you applying to your work?

license is APL-SA

https://www.bistudio.com/community/licenses

copyright: Bohemia Interactive 

we want to make some tests with publishing on steam workshop and our launchers

• Like 6

Sure they could, but that would totally defeat the stated purpose: "It was released as an 'official mod' to help players discover the possibilities of custom content."

• Like 1

Nice work,

I have a few question related to the steam workshop implementation in Arma 3.

Do you plan improving it in the short term?

Here's a few things that could be interesting to see added or fixed.

• Mod loading directly from the workshop folder instead of the launcher copying them over to the Arma 3 folder. *Since some mods are quite large it would be nice not to store them twice.
  • The ability to select workshop collections in the launcher instead of just single mods.
  • Automatic mod loading and unloading in the in-game browser. *I know it's probably unfeasible but I'm asking anyway. 
  • Better mod recognition in the launcher server browser. Maybe something key based. Since a lot of mods are not on steam, comparing server keys and file signatures could be a good alternative *Note that I'm not 100% sure of the current inner workings of that part but I believe it's based on the meta.cpp steam id. Which obviously, a lot of mods don't have since they don't come from steam.
  • A button to alphabetically sort mods in the launcher. *OCD talking here.
  • Steam not preventing the launcher to start if another arma 3 executable is running. E.G: arma3server.exe

Thanks a lot for your great work, it is very nice to see a company maintaining and improving a game for so long after the initial release.

• Like 1

The problem is this new Official Mod, doesn't allow you to join servers that dont have it enabled.... can't be activated always. But it is a really nice addition. I suppose it can serve as a tutorial too.

Really nice.

Ok a mod that adds the P90 I like that because P90 is well a cool gun. Now for the mod itself the model is good but looks a little matte or dull, not sure how to say it exactly but the coloring and/or shading makes it seem just a little off when compared to other guns. But it's very subtle or I'm going crazy from lack of sleep or both. Now the recoil I think is great, it's a bullpup design firing a small round and is also well balanced. Also from remembering peopling shoot the P90 in videos and IRL, looks about right as well. Damage seems good to but wasn't paying much attention there, so my bad. Accuracy is insanely good, way to good because i don't think the P90 is a capable sniper weapon out to 1000 meters. Because the target was receiving very consistent hits in pretty much the same spot, so it needs that adjusted a bit. Also I hope it get it's own sound, because the place holder it's using which is the trg or mk20 I think doesn't fit it.

Will try it out more later since I had to join up with friends ina  game so had limited time. Because forgot to check out it's weight for gun and ammo, handling, penetration, and forgot what else.

• Like 1

I understand that Bohemia try to promote usage of Steam Workshop, but before doing this they need to fix some serious problems with it !!!

1. “Just click the Subscribe button†– not that easy at all ! It will work fine if you installed the ARMA 3 to Steam folder in drive C  only !!!    If you chose other disk to download ARMA 3 while first install, so most of the content from Steam (almost everything) will not be downloaded and appear in launcher !

Yeah you got it right – you press the “Subscribe†button and it turn to “V†sign and there is even a message at the bottom of steam window that say you - it “downloaded†but it not really download them and display in addon list !

(This is not only my problem, this it very common problem for a lot of users, just google it, I personally tried it on different PC’s, with different operating systems, with clean install, No MOD’s, Steam and ARMA3 latest versions always but no effect…)

2. Currently ARMA 3 workshop in Steam looks like a trash can!  Bohemia need to create some repost restrictions and rules to avoid multiplying items in steam.

It was great while Bohemia just began to use the Workshop, but now most of a content just repack of mod’s created by other mod makers, so anybody can just take any mod and repost it under his personal account, without any permissions and responsibility, they even don’t care to put a description and a screenshots.

For example, I just can take this new “ADR-97 weapon pack†mod and post it like my personal mod…

So if you are a new arma 3 player so you can download a lot of outdated mod’s instead of getting the original.

3. Launcher is not stable at all, sometimes it remove all installed addons from it list, delete them from HDD and then redownload all of them again.

4. I remember that it was some talking about payment system to addon makers via steam, some time ago…

So I think that Bohemia really need to implement such a system for ARMA 3 !

ARMA 3 it’s a game that strongly depend on a community created content, but as a big fun of ARMA 3, I just noticed that the about 80% of content (like mod’s and missions) just become abandoned by creators after some time…

I think it happen because all those time, skills and creativity that they spent to create a content doesn’t return them any profit, except some mental satisfaction, that “work†only for some first realeses …

If there will be an ability to earn some money for they hard work, I think it will cause significant grows of the number of a content and a quality of it.

• Like 3

Cool little addon, but you should've named it the RCP90 ;). If I could make a small suggestion it would be to shorten the suppressor. It's rather unwieldy at the moment, but then again all default arma 3 suppressors are. 

Currently it seems like a direct copy of the Mk20 with a different skin. Are you guys going to create custom firing sounds and weapon stats for it?

Just wanted to put this up on here to make sure it doesn't get overlooked in all the comments on steam, it seems that the Weight setting is a little bit off at 0.8 lbs. It should be around 5.7 for the short barrel and 6.3 for the long barrel. After the 2nd mag while running ACE 3 it turns into a jam-o-matic. Other than that though, great mod, love having a P90 at the ready when crewing a chopper or vehicle. Not everyone likes the Steam Workshop but I'm glad that Bohemia is at least getting behind it. When it works fine everything is good, and it does help people who otherwise have no clue what they are doing get mods and allow them to experience Arma. I know of at least one guy in particular who's computer knowledge is entirely based off of and limited to what he needs to do to be able to run and play Arma 3 online.

I understand that Bohemia try to promote usage of Steam Workshop, but before doing this they need to fix some serious problems with it !!!

1. “Just click the Subscribe button†– not that easy at all ! It will work fine if you installed the ARMA 3 to Steam folder in drive C  only !!!    If you chose other disk to download ARMA 3 while first install, so most of the content from Steam (almost everything) will not be downloaded and appear in launcher !

Yeah you got it right – you press the “Subscribe†button and it turn to “V†sign and there is even a message at the bottom of steam window that say you - it “downloaded†but it not really download them and display in addon list !

(This is not only my problem, this it very common problem for a lot of users, just google it, I personally tried it on different PC’s, with different operating systems, with clean install, No MOD’s, Steam and ARMA3 latest versions always but no effect…)

2. Currently ARMA 3 workshop in Steam looks like a trash can!  Bohemia need to create some repost restrictions and rules to avoid multiplying items in steam.

It was great while Bohemia just began to use the Workshop, but now most of a content just repack of mod’s created by other mod makers, so anybody can just take any mod and repost it under his personal account, without any permissions and responsibility, they even don’t care to put a description and a screenshots.

For example, I just can take this new “ADR-97 weapon pack†mod and post it like my personal mod…

So if you are a new arma 3 player so you can download a lot of outdated mod’s instead of getting the original.

3. Launcher is not stable at all, sometimes it remove all installed addons from it list, delete them from HDD and then redownload all of them again.

4. I remember that it was some talking about payment system to addon makers via steam, some time ago…

So I think that Bohemia really need to implement such a system for ARMA 3 !

ARMA 3 it’s a game that strongly depend on a community created content, but as a big fun of ARMA 3, I just noticed that the about 80% of content (like mod’s and missions) just become abandoned by creators after some time…

I think it happen because all those time, skills and creativity that they spent to create a content doesn’t return them any profit, except some mental satisfaction, that “work†only for some first realeses …

If there will be an ability to earn some money for they hard work, I think it will cause significant grows of the number of a content and a quality of it.

When Steamworks attempted to implement the 'paid mods' model awhile back some of the biggest blowback was from the creator community here in the armaverse! And not just blowback, the majority of addon authors here were prepared to downright stop submitting content altogether. I don't know about other gaming communities, but the Armaverse is indeed a most special tight-knit community full of passionate members who do unbelievable hard work purely out of the love of the game and their appreciation for the title. Just hang around a little longer,,, you'll see what I mean.  It's a truly beautiful thing

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

When Steamworks attempted to implement the 'paid mods' model awhile back some of the biggest blowback was from the creator community here in the armaverse! And not just blowback, the majority of addon authors here were prepared to downright stop submitting content altogether. I don't know about other gaming communities, but the Armaverse is indeed a most special tight-knit community full of passionate members who do unbelievable hard work purely out of the love of the game and their appreciation for the title. Just hang around a little longer,,, you'll see what I mean.  It's a truly beautiful thing

I also love ARMA community. Believe me or not - i know/tried almost every mod that available for arma 3 and plenty of missions too, but i sadly noticed that most of those really great mods are abandoned - no support for amra updates, no changes and improvements, no bug-fixes, no posts and replies from mod-makers...     I really don see how payed mods can harm the community? If somebody personally wish to make content for free - so they are welcome, but if some prefer top earn some money for his work - why not ?

But let push the payment subject aside, the main idea of my post was that before Bohemia promote Steam Workshop, they need to take care of very serious problem like - Inability to download content from workshop, so the the whole idea of workshop is useless for people like me. And heavily contaminated workshop, that have no rules and restrictions and become more useless each day!

Some kind of moderation should be needed in Steam Workshop. People don't understand the categories for the stuff.

• Like 1

The Weapon looks great in the game but one thing that i really dislike about this weapon is the missing ASDG JR Compat.

The Arma community made a great job with making one standard system for Weapon Attachments and i think a official Mod should also use this System.

The Weapon looks great in the game but one thing that i really dislike about this weapon is the missing ASDG JR Compat.

I'd be very surprised if BIS were willing to add 3rd party dependencies and stuff like that, to something that is meant to demonstrate the one-click nature of the Workshop and Launcher.

Very easy to add with a small config addon though:

v9TDqs6l.png

Download:

ADR-97 Joint Rails compatibility @ Steam Workshop

ADR-97 Joint Rails compatibility @ DropBox

Will probably stick the config on workshop in a bit, if Publisher plays ball for once.

• Like 9

something that is meant to demonstrate the one-click nature of the Workshop and Launcher.

Nailed the reason for this mod right there.

• Like 2