bardosy

[SP/COOP] Chesty Puller (CUP) port from Arma2

Chesty Puller USMC campaign ported from Arma2 to Arma3 by CUP.

ver 1.0

This is the port of legendary Chesty Puller USMC campaign to Arma3.

This is a mission pack (but contains missions of a campaign with storyline) playable as SP and COOP9.
It needed CUP mods (the CUP terrain is replaceable with old AiA if someone prefer that).

Story:
The 27th MEU prepare for invade and liberate Chernorus from the brutaly regime of Chedaki and help to CDF to defend the young democracy in this ex-USSR republic. A young marine officer - Lt. Robert Shelter - is waiting for his first combat assignment to follow his father and elder brother who fought in Kolgujev, Freya and Afghanistan.

This campaign is focused to the regular infantry combat with armored and air support. This is not the Razor Team's story.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Features:
- UPSMON script: it's mean smarter enemies and many randomness, new challenges, good replayablility
- Playable in COOP 9
- Weapon selection (if not during the briefing, it possible later from vehicles).
- Not one team against the federal Russian army style missions.
- Usualy lead one squad, but attack with other squads, but later you can lead multiple squads (High Command)
- Multiple playable roles (you can switch to the squad sniper or AT soldier)
- Not a very deep story with romance, but there are lovable/hateable characters
- You can disable fatigue by action menu (mostly the first vehicle, but sometimes commanding officer)
- You can add revive system - if you need more life - in the same action menu as disable fatigue

ADDONS:

* CBA A3

* CUP Weapons

* CUP Units

* CUP Vehicles

* CUP Terrains - Core

* CUP Terrains - Maps

Scipts:
AIS INJURY by psycho
FHQ TaskTracker

Ported missions:
1. Beachhead
2. Force Recon
3. Rescue

4. Always Faithful

5. Steam Roller

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Steam Workshop collection v1.0

Armaholic mirror v1.0

Download from dropbox v1.0

Campaign as MOD at Workshop

• Like 7

Armaholic mirror added to the first post.

About 4th mission (Always Faithful): It's harder to port. I don't know why, but the converting method is not so smooth as the previous missions. Objectives won't work yet and it's harder to test, because this mission is longer. But I'm working on it.

There are two other 'things' with this 4th missions: first, it's a High Command mission. So you have to command not just the rifle squad, but a higher unit (three CDF riflre squad, one armoured squad and a mobile AA truck). I remember from the Arma2 times, players not like High Command. Well, it's a little bit reduce my inspiration to working hard on a mission, what will not be enjoy.

The second issue, in this mission there are CDF units and CUP project didn't implement CDF yet, so CDF now looks like the americans in vanilla A3, but equipped with AKs. (When CUP will implement CDF, the mission will work fine, because I use the CUP classnames for CDF).

4th mission added.

Steam Workshop and Dropbox is up to date.

Change log:

* 4th mission (Always Faithful) added

* Weapon selection on briefing added to all missions

* Some animations added to missions

* FIX: ambushers use their IED correctly in 3rd Rescue mission

• Like 1

Yesterday I convert a lot of files to A3 in the last mission 'Steam Roller'. I hope I can finish it soon.

What do you think?

What of my Arma2 campaign will be ported next?

1. Op Mighty Justice (US Army campaign at Takistan)

2. Pirog (Russian campaign at Chernorus)

3. Other (I have two unpublished, squad sized, mission packs at Lingor and Duala)

• Like 2

I´d vote for the 2 unpublished campaigns on Lingor and Duala, but they´re not feasiable...then Pirog (loved that back on A2)

cheers!

• Like 1

I did so love Mighty Justice, so I`ll go for that :)

Sadly, my machine died an honourable death last week, and I`m waiting for parts for a new build, so can`t get stuck into CP yet. It will be the first thing I try on my spanky new machine though.

Anything by Mr. bardosy is worth it`s weight in gold.

• Like 1

Tovarisch "Pirog" spasiba.

Now let me get changed out of my Adidas tracksuit  ;)

• Like 1

Democracy is democracy ;) So I started to convert Pirog. I almost done with the first mission. But I have to confess, it's a little bit disappointing: the main enemy is the CDF, but CDF is not implemented by CUP yet. It was a problem in Chesty Puller too, but in ChP there is only one mission with CDF. But in Pirog, every mission use CDF as enemies. And currently CDF soldiers are placeholders in CUP and they look like Americans in vanilla Arma3. And - I guess - they have the stronger body armor from 2035.

So, I will finish this first mission, publish it and ask you again about the continue. If you are not frustrated by 2035 US soldiers, I will continue. The other option is to spamming CUP guys to  motivate them to implement CDF and until they done, I port the Mighty Justice.

If I port this 1st mission of Pirog, I create all the tools for converting my Russian campaign. So when CDF is ready, I will port all the missions much quicker.

5th mission added. So the mission pack is complete. This is why set up the version to v1.0.

Steam Workshop and Dropbox is up to date.

Change log:

* 5th mission (Steam Roller) added

I hope you will still release (someday) those 2 unseen campaigns on Duala and Lingor, Icebrekr babies need more love, I mean, missions and campaigns lol

BTW, can we has Chesty Puller as a SP campaign, to be played on Campaign tabs? (just like your CSAT campaign?)

cheers!

• Like 1

i have downloaded the mission and the required addons, but i get some strange errors launching arma.

i have downloaded the mission and the required addons, but i get some strange errors launching arma.

Currently I change the AiA to CUP terrains, but it was worked with AiA for me.

So this is the MOD list what I use now in the launcher:

* CBA A3

* CUP Weapons

* CUP Units

* CUP Vehicles

* CUP Terrains - Core

* CUP Terrains - Maps

The last two is optionally changeable to All in Arma.

If you have other mods in the launcher, try to remove it temporarily. Maybe other mods conflicted with CUP.

• Like 1

I hope you will still release (someday) those 2 unseen campaigns on Duala and Lingor, Icebrekr babies need more love, I mean, missions and campaigns lol

BTW, can we has Chesty Puller as a SP campaign, to be played on Campaign tabs? (just like your CSAT campaign?)

cheers!

Obrigado!

I respect all of your support corporal_lib!

I started to port the Duala campaign before this Chesty and before CUP. But I cannot solve that problem, in Arma2 Duala has the Mob faction (angry civilians throwing stones). And in the second mission I need them very well (back in A2, I created a tier gas script to defend your team from Mob with non-leathal way) and Icebrekr promised he will implement this faction too, but probably he has difficulties because he forget it. (And there is no armed civilian neither in A3 Duala, just the two side regulars).

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184170-wip-spco-duala-campaign/

I see you were there, so you know that.

I have an other BAF campaign on Lingor, so I will check can I convert it to Arma3 or I used those missing irregulars.

But I have to confess, I reused some of the idea of this missions in vanilla A3 campaign: Dirty Dozen. Eg Greeks vs Latins mission is a reuse of one Lingor mission.

Oh, and by the way, both campaigns (Lingor and Duala) is very similar to Greek Dozen. Those were designed to COOP. It's playable in SP, but difficult and there are no such huge battles as in Chesty, Pirog and Mighty Justice. It's about a small team.

I really enjoyed to replay Chesty in Arma3 engine, and I enjoy testing first mission of Pirog. The great memories are come again. But Arma2 was not so long ago, so - just for fun - take my Arma1 campaign 'Perpetua' and port the first real mission - it's more similar to OFP campaign, so the first mission is not a fighting one, just an interactive intro. And porting missions from A1 is very hard. It was much more work than Chesty or Pirog. The script language changed so much, then I have to rewrite a lot of things. But it's great to play, because this was the only campaign of mine what have REAL voiceover. And when I hear their voice I remember that guys...

"Whole Lot of Altis" dynamic mission had this angry mod script (everytime you´d steal itens in front of civilans, they´d go mad and throw stones on you... I even got killed by them and had to respawn lol), but indeed, if it is much of a hassle to port those campaigns, let it be, but my suggestion still remains for a future reference on a new campaign: Lingor and Duala need some mission maker´s love (even Abramia), so I hope to see a new future campaign over there...

BTW, are the Greek Dozen finished? Or still some missions to go? Love that Bad Company knock off missions =)

Aways your fan, man!

Cheers!

Currently I change the AiA to CUP terrains, but it was worked with AiA for me.

So this is the MOD list what I use now in the launcher:

* CBA A3

* CUP Weapons

* CUP Units

* CUP Vehicles

* CUP Terrains - Core

* CUP Terrains - Maps

The last two is optionally changeable to All in Arma.

If you have other mods in the launcher, try to remove it temporarily. Maybe other mods conflicted with CUP.

i fixed the launch problem, thanks. But after playing for a while my save games wont load again :D no other way around then to restart the campaign, but i hope it is not a big issue later on in the game?

I vote for Pirog :)

Great to have you back Bardosy!

@corporal_lib:
I didn't decided what next. I ported the 1st Pirog and the 1st Mighty missions, to check what is missing. In Pirog there is no DCF in CUP, at Mighty there is no takistani civilians in CUP.
And I did ported the 1st mission of my Duala campaign, but when i want to continue with the second, I found those mob problem... I guess I will try the 1st Lingor mission today. ;)

I didn't finish the Greek Dozen, because that "bad company"-style has more stuff. I just take a break.
And that mnissionpack need some rework: many players ha a problem with the second mission.

@sgt gul:
I wanted to write, I didn't experience this. And it was true when I port this Chesty Puller and playtest the missions. All save and load work nice. But yesterday I experienced the same when I play with the ported 1st Pirog mission. When I load a saved state Arma3 crash to desktop. I have no clue why? I use many same script as in Chesty: eg injury system, task tracker and my automedic or infoshareing. These scripts work in loop and run continuosly. Any of these could cause some problem, but I don't know how could these crash the arma to desktop. I checked the RPT file and there was the log of crash but no trace what caused.
If I found the problem and it is in Chesty too, I could fix it.
Did you try load more saves? Or when you load the last save, it crashed? Yesterday I had no time to test this, but maybe not every save became corrupt. I know, it's not a solution to makeing too many saves, but if you can tell me what saves wont work and what saves works, maybe it could help me find why...

@Variable:
Thanks. I ported the first mission, just found some issues. Oh, and 1st mission of Pirog never was easy. It was hard in Arma2, but in Arma3 the enemy is harder. I die too many times... ;)
Somehow in Arma2 the attacking helicopters in the fist scene, instant kill a lot of CDFs, but now - in Arma3 - they are pretty useless and left us those enemies. But excelent mood the fight for that airport. ;)

• Like 2

@corporal_lib: I checked Lingor yesterday evening with my simplest mission and there is no drog cartel soldiers in Lingor A3, not even Icebrekr's FAP units mods. :( So currently I stay with Pirog a Mignty and let's hope Icebrakr will release Duala insurgency and Lingor drog cartels.

@corporal_lib: I checked Lingor yesterday evening with my simplest mission and there is no drog cartel soldiers in Lingor A3, not even Icebrekr's FAP units mods. :( So currently I stay with Pirog a Mignty and let's hope Icebrakr will release Duala insurgency and Lingor drog cartels.

So far, just the "drug packages" (cocaine pack item) was ported.... he´s focused on military forces...those armed civilians units seems to be delegated to second plan =(

Null sweat, Pirog and Mighty are keeping my gaming nights "hot" (military, not biblically lol)

cheers! 

• Like 1

Campaign format (all missions + outro put together in a campaign) is published on Workshop. When you subscribed, then you have to add it to Arma3 as a MOD. Link in the first post's bottom. If you want to see the campaign outro, you have to play the missions... ;) Get some!!! :P

• Like 2