First cycle of 1.58 and server crash. 50 minutes of uptime.

Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/914k1mk63kzzznl/crash.zip?dl=0

Not only did your update ruin my client files, but it's also going to destroy my community due to yet another constantly crashing server bug.

I was patient before with your blunder over December and January with terrible crashes... but after working for 13 months on developing a server, to have it stable for one month before you guys destroy it again with terrible updates, I am not going to be patient this time. Get it sorted!!!

This is unacceptable.

:angry:  :angry: :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

EDIT:

It wasn't as bad as first seen... while the update did cause crashes to the server, it may have been because everyone was continually testing the new weapon swap while moving animation causing problems with the life server mod.

It also required me to completely uninstall and reinstall arma, as certain functions / options were completely missing on my vanilla client.

First cycle of 1.58 and server crash. 50 minutes of uptime.

Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/914k1mk63kzzznl/crash.zip?dl=0

Not only did your update ruin my client files, but it's also going to destroy my community due to yet another constantly crashing server bug.

I was patient before with your blunder over December and January with terrible crashes... but after working for 13 months on developing a server, to have it stable for one month before you guys destroy it again with terrible updates, I am not going to be patient this time. Get it sorted!!!

This is unacceptable.

:angry:   :angry:  :angry:   :angry:   :angry:  

Also not sure how these can be terrible updates, they are giving improvements to the game engine. Also did you report the issues that you have previously? Also what mods or addons are you using? As these certainly can effect game play, and may need to be altered so that they work with the latest update.

Also not sure how these can be terrible updates, they are giving improvements to the game engine. Also did you report the issues that you have previously? Also what mods or addons are you using? As these certainly can effect game play, and may need to be altered so that they work with the latest update.

"...not sure how these can be terrible updates"?

Really? They're not improving the game when the game cannot run. They may be adding in features, but when these features largely go untested and destroy servers... it's far from good!

It's an Altis Life server. ExtDB and Life_server are the only mods running on it.

Are you aware that the number of Altis Life servers that are even in circulation now since this time last year has dropped dramatically? It's because updates like this entirely kill communities. No one wants to join a server that can't even stay up for an hour, so players leave. The more players that leave (and go play other games by the way), means less players are likely to join servers half empty. The owners of the servers then realise that paying £100/month for a server that no one uses is a waste of time, and turns it off.

I spent two whole months providing crash logs, and re-assuring my community that Bohemia are working on the issues last time... Now, the very next update from the one that they fixed the last crashes, and it crashes again. Straight back to square one.

This isn't just the only problem by the way, this problem is just something that stops everyone from playing ArmA 3

The rest of the issues include; weapon glitches when switching/putting away, having units tagged in your HUD, binoculars that make your character slide everywhere, flying!!!

These issues were found in 50 minutes by 18 people... that's all it takes to find a game-breaking issue, and 4 issues/changes that are so ridiculous should have been found straight away by any testing team.

In my opinion, my community's staff's opinion and the opinion of the members of my community; this is a terrible update.

Hello,

thank you very much for your feedback, we are now looking into the crashdumps you have provided, so hopefully we will be able to find out what the problem might be.

With regards,

Razazel

Our Server crashes constantly with last log message:

2016/04/21, 19:59:38 Connected to Steam servers

"...not sure how these can be terrible updates"?

Really? They're not improving the game when the game cannot run. They may be adding in features, but when these features largely go untested and destroy servers... it's far from good!

It's an Altis Life server. ExtDB and Life_server are the only mods running on it.

Are you aware that the number of Altis Life servers that are even in circulation now since this time last year has dropped dramatically? It's because updates like this entirely kill communities. No one wants to join a server that can't even stay up for an hour, so players leave. The more players that leave (and go play other games by the way), means less players are likely to join servers half empty. The owners of the servers then realise that paying £100/month for a server that no one uses is a waste of time, and turns it off.

I spent two whole months providing crash logs, and re-assuring my community that Bohemia are working on the issues last time... Now, the very next update from the one that they fixed the last crashes, and it crashes again. Straight back to square one.

This isn't just the only problem by the way, this problem is just something that stops everyone from playing ArmA 3

The rest of the issues include; weapon glitches when switching/putting away, having units tagged in your HUD, binoculars that make your character slide everywhere, flying!!!

These issues were found in 50 minutes by 18 people... that's all it takes to find a game-breaking issue, and 4 issues/changes that are so ridiculous should have been found straight away by any testing team.

In my opinion, my community's staff's opinion and the opinion of the members of my community; this is a terrible update.

Thanks for the information, as you may not be aware there is a dev branch which is for testing before anything is committed to the main game.

I also was not aware that a number of Altis Life servers was less in circulation, however from my perspective this isn't a bad thing especially given the reputation of life servers, of using content without permission and how some servers organise their funding.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information, as you may not be aware there is a dev branch which is for testing before anything is committed to the main game.

I also was not aware that a number of Altis Life servers was less in circulation, however from my perspective this isn't a bad thing especially given the reputation of life servers, of using content without permission and how some servers organise their funding.

Not mine... the reason I'm so ticked off with this update is because our server has been in development since March 2015. I've coded all of the scripts and features myself, spending literally thousands of hours coding and testing them. It still isn't finished... but there's a good chance that if the few players we do have loyal to the server don't stick around because it constantly bombs out mid-cycle, it won't have a chance to be finished.

I'm aware of the dev-branch, but how many of the users that use dev-branch run Life servers? Are the updates tested with the most popular / used mods in advance of release?

Granted, some Life servers are probably better off not being available for those few communities that do wish to run proper ones, but you can't disagree stuff like this is really damaging to BI's reputation and to the game itself when friends have to say "You just have to bear with the game crashes, bugs and glitches" while trying to convince their friends to buy the game.

My game crash emedietly with the "Status_Acces_Violation"   and Vts_Weapon_Resting_Missing.Mods:CBA ,ACE,MCC

I think its fair to say, if a server becomes unstable after an update, remove all 3rd party addons and test to see how stable a vanilla server is.

It is unfair to state that the BIS patch is responsible for the state of affairs you now find yourself in when clearly you are running with 3rd party addons which are not supported by BIS, without taking such steps to test without them..

Having said that, I am also having stability issues with a vanilla set up and the logs will be forthcoming for that.

There has been constant issues with the A3 steam patching system which did not occur on Arma2

The default option for the CLIENTS should be "Update when i say you can" not "Automatically update when I start steam up"! 

Rolling back is an issue for the typical client player

Server admins can easily hold back on the update by postponing running the steam.cmd.

Up until A3, we never patched when a new update was released, we always waited for at least a week until the "hotfix" was out and all the addon content makers had updated their addons to work with the new version.

This is no longer a viable option

This is causing major issues for Milsim communities who tend to use a lot of 3rd party addons.

However, there is nothing stopping the 3rd party addon makers testing their work in the DEV branch to fix any issues that are likely to occur before the stable patch is released, or for "Addon" servers to also test in the Dev Branch prior to a stable release to forewarn of any pending issues.

The tools to do all of this are available, and should be used.

• Like 5

There has been constant issues with the A3 steam patching system which did not occur on Arma2

The default option for the CLIENTS should be "Update when i say you can" not "Automatically update when I start steam up"! 

Server admins can easily hold back on the update by postponing running the steam.cmd.

This is my problem. I can't tell everyone to not update their clients when an update is released, because other servers will update and they wouldn't be able to play them. I'd basically be saying "You play my server, and my server only!"

Likewise, keeping the update from the server would mean no new players can join, which is equally as bad for community growth. The server ​has to be updated.

Like you said, I could​ test it all in dev branch first... but I'm not running a business, I don't take donations (I couldn't care less about the money to be honest) and I actually want to play the game which is why I've invested so much time into creating a unique mission for it. I don't want to be sat testing every new update in a test environment waiting to confirm that an update to be released by B.I. isn't going to break my server.

I understand third party add-ons aren't under BIs support, but when an add-on is made, it's made to suit the game that currently exists, not one that exists in 2 years time. BI should look to make sure at least the most popular add-ons for their game don't break when they release an update. In the end, it's the mod community that are driving Arma 3's sales... the fact Arma is so customisable is what draws people to it... so wiping out their customer's work after each update isn't going to keep the sales up, regardless of how many updates they put out there.

^This!

Really bad move from Valve to remove that option :angry:

Why remove a option that was already there???

/KC

Another issue I have.

Here is a snippet from a 1.58 vanilla server.rpt where the server has fully initialised, but no player has connected and therefore the Description.ext for all the missions on the server have not been read.

Meaning only addon code has been processed.

I believe all of the following RPT log entries are pure BIS related. if they are not I apologise for pointing the finger

There is NO EXCUSE for a stable release to contain the following script errors

It takes all of 30 seconds to start a test instance up and read the rpt file before a stable release is made available to us

2:27:58 Error in expression <_difficultyEnabled && (difficultyOption _x > 0);

} foreach _difficulty;

if (_di>
22:27:58 Error position: <_x > 0);
} foreach _difficulty;

if (_di>
22:27:58 Error Missing )
22:27:58 File A3\functions_f\GUI\fn_showNotification.sqf, line 66
22:27:58 Error in expression <_difficultyEnabled && (difficultyOption _x > 0);
} foreach _difficulty;

if (_di>
22:27:58 Error position: <_x > 0);
} foreach _difficulty;

if (_di>
22:27:58 Error Missing )
22:27:58 File A3\functions_f\GUI\fn_showNotification.sqf, line 66
22:27:59 Error in expression <_setState;

call _fnc_setDest;

_task setSimpleTaskType _type;

_task setSimp>
22:27:59 Error position: <setSimpleTaskType _type;

_task setSimp>
22:27:59 Error Missing ;
22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\Tasks\fn_setTaskLocal.sqf, line 232
22:27:59 Error in expression <_setState;

call _fnc_setDest;

_task setSimpleTaskType _type;

_task setSimp>
22:27:59 Error position: <setSimpleTaskType _type;

_task setSimp>
22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\Tasks\fn_setTaskLocal.sqf, line 232
22:27:59 Error in expression <units];

(_prev call bis_fnc_taskReal) setSimpleTaskCustomData (_units call bis>
22:27:59 Error position: <setSimpleTaskCustomData (_units call bis>
22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\Tasks\fn_sharedObjectives.sqf, line 53
22:27:59 Error in expression <units];

(_prev call bis_fnc_taskReal) setSimpleTaskCustomData (_units call bis>
22:27:59 Error position: <setSimpleTaskCustomData (_units call bis>
22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\Tasks\fn_sharedObjectives.sqf, line 53
22:27:59 Error in expression <[displayNull]]
];

diag_codePerformance [compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
22:27:59 Error position: <[compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_codePerformance.sqf, line 28
22:27:59 Error in expression <[displayNull]]
];

diag_codePerformance [compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
22:27:59 Error position: <[compile _testCode, _params, _wantedCycl>
22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_codePerformance.sqf, line 28
22:27:59 Error in expression <Distance isEqualTo true) exitWith {_pos inArea _area};

_area params ["_apos", ">
22:27:59 Error position: <inArea _area};

22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_inTrigger.sqf, line 26
22:27:59 Error in expression <Distance isEqualTo true) exitWith {_pos inArea _area};

22:27:59 Error position: <inArea _area};

22:27:59 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_inTrigger.sqf, line 26
22:28:00 Error in expression <_iconPos", _pos];

if (difficultyOption "groupIndicators" > 0) then
{
if (_log) >
22:28:00 Error position: <"groupIndicators" > 0) then
{
if (_log) >
22:28:00 Error Missing )
22:28:00 File a3\functions_f_mp_mark\revive\fn_reviveIconControl_functions.sqf, line 46
22:28:00 Error in expression <_iconPos", _pos];

if (difficultyOption "groupIndicators" > 0) then
{
if (_log) >
22:28:00 Error position: <"groupIndicators" > 0) then
{
if (_log) >
22:28:00 Error Missing )
22:28:00 File a3\functions_f_mp_mark\revive\fn_reviveIconControl_functions.sqf, line 46
Attempt to override final function - rscminimap_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayloading_script
22:28:01 Error in expression <= vehicle player;
if ((difficultyOption 'mapContent' > 0) || (_veh iskindof 'air>
22:28:01 Error position: <'mapContent' > 0) || (_veh iskindof 'air>
22:28:01 Error Missing )
22:28:01 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDiary.sqf, line 444
Attempt to override final function - rscdiary_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaysinglemission_script
22:28:01 Error in expression <, _this, 1] spawn {diag_codePerformance _this}};

case 1: {[[], _inputCode] spaw>
22:28:01 Error position: <_this}};

22:28:01 Error Missing ;
22:28:01 File a3\ui_f\scripts\gui\RscDebugConsole.sqf, line 193

22:28:01 File a3\ui_f\scripts\gui\RscDebugConsole.sqf, line 193

22:28:01 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDebugConsole.sqf, line 193

22:28:01 Error in expression <
if (ismultiplayer && (difficultyOption "scoreTable" > 0)) then {
_sections set >
22:28:01 Error position: <"scoreTable" > 0)) then {
_sections set >
22:28:01 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayDebriefing.sqf, line 341
_sections set >
_sections set >
_sections set >
_sections set >
_sections set >
_sections set >
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayremotemissions_script

Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaystrategicmap_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaycommon_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaygarage_script
22:28:02 Error in expression <dler [
"draw3d",
{
if (difficultyOption "commands" > 0) then {
_sectors3D = miss>
22:28:02 Error position: <"commands" > 0) then {
_sectors3D = miss>
22:28:02 Error Missing )
22:28:02 File A3\ui_f\scripts\IGUI\RscMissionStatus.sqf, line 60
"draw3d",
{
_sectors3D = miss>
_sectors3D = miss>
"draw3d",
{
_sectors3D = miss>
_sectors3D = miss>
"draw3d",
{
_sectors3D = miss>
_sectors3D = miss>
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaycurator_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayattributes_script
Attempt to override final function - display3deneditcomposition_script
Attempt to override final function - display3deneditattributes_script
Attempt to override final function - display3deneditattributes_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayhostsettings_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaycommon_script
22:28:02 Error in expression <
_sections set >
22:28:02 Error position: <"scoreTable" > 0)) then {
_sections set >
22:28:02 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayDebriefing.sqf, line 341
22:28:02 Error in expression <
_sections set >
22:28:02 Error position: <"scoreTable" > 0)) then {
_sections set >
22:28:02 File A3\ui_f\scripts\GUI\RscDisplayDebriefing.sqf, line 341
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaydebriefing_script
"draw3d",
{
_sectors3D = miss>
_sectors3D = miss>
"draw3d",
{
_sectors3D = miss>
_sectors3D = miss>

Another issue I have.

Here is a snippet from a 1.58 vanilla server.rpt where the server has fully initialised, but no player has connected and therefore the Description.ext for all the missions on the server have not been read.

Meaning only addon code has been processed.

I believe all of the following RPT log entries are pure BIS related. if they are not I apologise for pointing the finger

There is NO EXCUSE for a stable release to contain the following script errors

It takes all of 30 seconds to start a test instance up and read the rpt file before a stable release is made available to us

Are these errors on your vanilla server you were talking about? I don't have any of these errors popping up.

I don't see the point in having a dev branch if the stable branch is being used for testing and bug fixing.

All the regular players that paid money for a finished game (not an early access game) have to suffer for this.

For me it doesn't matter anyway, my community died after the previous big update and I haven't touched the game ever since.

Are these errors on your vanilla server you were talking about? I don't have any of these errors popping up.

This was on a vanilla server yes, with a couple of serverside addons that wouldn't affect it

I couldn't be bothered last night to re-test or debug, like you I just felt a need to rant.

Nobody else seems to be having this issue so most likely its a local issue to me alone and i need to look into it more when I can find the motivation.

This was on a vanilla server yes, with a couple of serverside addons that wouldn't affect it

I couldn't be bothered last night to re-test or debug, like you I just felt a need to rant.

Nobody else seems to be having this issue so most likely its a local issue to me alone and i need to look into it more when I can find the motivation.

To be fair, I was ranting since the last time we had consistent server crashes, it took nearly two months to fix, and it was so demoralising half of the community left and didn't return :(

I think this one is due to the life_server mod's use of "shift+H" weapon sheathing, where it forces a switchWeapon to "". This glitches for players using the new weapon swap movement animations, as the model moves, but the animation is stationary.

The last series of crashes appeared to be due to animations as well (but I don't know for sure, it just seemed like it as a lot of animation debug lines were added throughout the perf binary releases)

FYI: everyone who has sudden fps/stability issues and use 3rd party allocator / system allocator or obsolete allocators, switch to default TBB4 allocator (none defined)

+ new performance binary: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-158-performance-binary-feedback/page-69?p=3012976#entry3012976

• Like 2

FYI: everyone who has sudden fps/stability issues and use 3rd party allocator / system allocator or obsolete allocators, switch to default TBB4 allocator (none defined)+ new performance binary: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-158-performance-binary-feedback/page-69?p=3012976#entry3012976

So does this mean just run the malloc blank? If not, what do I type into the launch parameters? Currently have it set to "system" which I was told to do when I was having crashes last time.

I really wish you guys would talk about how to do these things in ways us simpler minded people would understand. Probably not easy considering your line of work but please remember some of us are just milsim fans that don't know anything about computers.

So does this mean just run the malloc blank? If not, what do I type into the launch parameters? Currently have it set to "system" which I was told to do when I was having crashes last time.

I really wish you guys would talk about how to do these things in ways us simpler minded people would understand. Probably not easy considering your line of work but please remember some of us are just milsim fans that don't know anything about computers.

[...] switch to default TBB4 allocator (none defined)

Just remove it from your launch parameters entirely, and it will default to using the "correct" i.e. not broken one.

• Like 1

none defined = default = tbb4 ;)

• Like 1

FYI: everyone who has sudden fps/stability issues and use 3rd party allocator / system allocator or obsolete allocators, switch to default TBB4 allocator (none defined)

+ new performance binary: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-158-performance-binary-feedback/page-69?p=3012976#entry3012976

Thanks dwarden, it worked for me. Game is running smooth again.

I've had a couple of crashes with 1.58, both after a few hours of play. Both occurred when I pressed M to open the map.

I haven't specified any custom malloc, use no mods and I verified my Arma 3 files this morning.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59968028/ArmaReport_Log_20160425T054055.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59968028/ArmaReport_Log_20160425T120309.zip

Yesterday I used arma3client_performance_158_135689_v1. TBB4 switched off. But through time I received FPS 3-4. When FPS fell to "0", arma3 stopped a mistake. Report of a mistake.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4s4kov6ux5ampx/ArmaReport_Log_20160424T162139_Lex.zip?dl=0

Today. Mission passing \Demonstration-Snayper \came to the end with Arma3.exe error. FPS 50-90

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mz9acq5puxwbk2/AppCrash_arma3.exe_16e48d7e93d77ddce9794672cc8c23a5bd88fe6e_e0f028ed_149730cc.zip?dl=0

Name of the magazine: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 25.04.2016 13:59:54
Event code: 1001
The category zadachi:otsutstvut
Level: Data
Key slova:klassicheskiya
User: Ð/Д
Computer: DESKTOP
Description:
Container of a mistake 50, type 5
Event name: BEX
Response: There are no data
CAB identifier: 0

Problem signature:
P1: arma3.exe
P2: 1.58.135.689
P3: 5719dd3f
P4: StackHash_bdcb
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: PCH_2F_FROM_ntdll+0x0007718C
P8: c0000005
P9: 00000008
P10:

The attached files:
C:\Users\Lex\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFF7B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files can be found here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_arma3.exe_16e48d7e93d77ddce9794672cc8c23a5bd88fe6e_e0f028ed_149730cc

Analysis symbol:
Repeated search of the decision: 0
Report identifier: a7133bc7-fa78-4a8a-bf43-816d0fbf8eda
Condition of the report: 0
The hashed container: 94ab0b2f33090a2ce688d85f57be1a85
Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-25T10:59:54.171037200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1192</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>50</Data>
    <Data>5</Data>
    <Data>BEX</Data>
    <Data>Ðет данных</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>arma3.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.58.135.689</Data>
    <Data>5719dd3f</Data>
    <Data>StackHash_bdcb</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>PCH_2F_FROM_ntdll+0x0007718C</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00000008</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
C:\Users\Lex\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFF7B.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
    <Data>C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_arma3.exe_16e48d7e93d77ddce9794672cc8c23a5bd88fe6e_e0f028ed_149730cc</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>a7133bc7-fa78-4a8a-bf43-816d0fbf8eda</Data>
    <Data>0</Data>
    <Data>94ab0b2f33090a2ce688d85f57be1a85</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Name of the magazine: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 25.04.2016 13:59:41
Event code: 1000
Category of a task: (100)
Level: Mistake
Keywords: Classical
User: Ð/Д
Computer: DESKTOP
Description:
Name of the faulty appendix: arma3.exe, version: 1.58.135.689, time tag: 0x5719dd3f
Name of the faulty module: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time tag: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Shift of a mistake: 0x000000c2
Identifier of faulty process: 0x1a34
Time of start of the faulty appendix: 0x01d19edb5ba2ac61
Way of the faulty appendix: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arma 3\arma3.exe
Way of the faulty module: unknown
Report identifier: a7133bc7-fa78-4a8a-bf43-816d0fbf8eda
Full name of a faulty package:
Code of the appendix connected with a faulty package:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">