Hi guys I don't understand something at the moment !

I had placed campfires in my mission and I could get close to them like half a meter !

Now I been editing a while and now they are hot again  ?

1: how does this happen

2: is there a way to make the fire not hot or extreme hot so I can walk the room in again ?

This is in the editor not the game itself yet !

With regards,

KillerBee

• Haha 1

Well it has been a while I had some time and I still have the issue with the campfire.

This is a original small campfire from bis.

I have tried it to replace it with the bigger fire ( this by selecting on the small fire the bigger fire , also from bis ).

Now when in the editor you can get close and almost can step on them no problem.

The problem starts when I save it too mutiplayer and run it on the server.

When you get at a distance you do get burned again.

Anyone have a solution ?

With regards,

KillerBee

Update:

I have removed the campfire fully than save the game and than reopend it and place a new campfire on it.

I have resaved it to mp and it still does that burning thing also unchecked the box simulate damge.

Okay I have been testing it all including the CBA Fireplace an dit all seems not to work.

Now I made a new mp trew in there 4 fireplaces and run it mp on the server and now it works fine !

The only thing I can come up with is that there is a old code from the old firepaces somewhere in the old mission that messes up the fireplaces.

Anybody has a idea what this might be ?

Maybe I need to remove a certain part of code that might make it all work again  ?

Thank .

maybe make an eventhandler HandleDamage and check if the damage is from a fireplace, if it is then check the distance of it, if the distance is greater than x then set your dammage back to what it was before you took damage

I have never run into this problem in Arma 3 with the campfires. I use them all the time and have gotten burned many times on accident. Did the new Arma patch come out yet, or are you running Dev branch? Could be a new bug. Could also be a mod you may be running. Otherwise go with gokitty's idea.

1 hour ago, AZCoder said:

I have never run into this problem in Arma 3 with the campfires. I use them all the time and have gotten burned many times on accident. Did the new Arma patch come out yet, or are you running Dev branch? Could be a new bug. Could also be a mod you may be running. Otherwise go with gokitty's idea.

First of all, what about mods ?

just throwing this out there, are you sure your arma just isnt bugged? verify your game cache and see if something changes.