pierremgi

Remote"attachTo" object doesn't fire on buildings

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to attach an object to a building, in MP, remotely (from a client with a visual result for any client).

Well, attachTo is a command supposed to be AG EG. So, where is the problem?

If, as a client, my addon is able to attach an object thru an event Handler, the object is just attached locally (on client PC which triggered the EH).

The other clients (or even hosted server) just can see the object on ground.

Furthermore, if i try to attach this object on a vehicle, that works for every clients! On a building, only on the client PC performing the EH.

I'm not sure there is a link with that: I remarked a difference between buildings and vehicles:

The owner of (empty) vehicles is server ( owner returns 2), but buildings are just "remote" (owner returns 0).

Any idea to attach an object to a building for any client?

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to attach an object to a building, in MP, remotely (from a client with a visual result for any client).

Well, attachTo is a command supposed to be AG EG. So, where is the problem?

If, as a client, my addon is able to attach an object thru an event Handler, the object is just attached locally (on client PC which triggered the EH).

The other clients (or even hosted server) just can see the object on ground.

Furthermore, if i try to attach this object on a vehicle, that works for every clients! On a building, only on the client PC performing the EH.

I'm not sure there is a link with that: I remarked a difference between buildings and vehicles:

The owner of (empty) vehicles is server ( owner returns 2), but buildings are just "remote" (owner returns 0).

Any idea to attach an object to a building for any client?

Odd, but since you're working with an addon you could create an invisible & no-collision item (p3d), don't know if there are any in default arma 3, and make that inherit from vehicle. Then attach the invisible 'vehicle' to the building and attach your object to the vehicle.

I think there may be more workarounds for this, if this is indeed a known problem.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

OK KK, thanks. It seems we cannot attach neither on edited building (It' worst in fact. Neither local PC (player attaching) nor other clients can see an attached object.

If I recap:

- attachTo works fine on vehicles (owner 2) (I didn't try all of them, like those issued from arma2), On all clients;

- works for local client on embedded in map buildings (Arma maps) (owner 0) but not for remote clients;

- doesn't work at all on edited buldings (Arma3 BI object like land_cargo_house_v1_f) (owner 2).

If this could be fixed on day...

Thanks