True, but your group can use the mod without having to wait.

Who knows when @Adacas will hv time to come back and update this mod :)

• Like 1

We don't mind waiting. We are trying to figure out what exactly causes it rather. :)

There's an insignia selection on the model as well as in the config.

ece27c7956c68a16f345880dbd22c46c.png

So disregard my previous post.

Really good job Adacas !

I like playing arma with your mod.

I have one question, do you plan to add G3 uniforms (combat-shirt and pants with knee pads)

Thanks,

Keep up the good work ;-)

UPDATE on the mods situation

So at the beginning of the third semester I thought I'll have more free time. Well it turns out the third semester is the one where you really have to step it up with the studies. Assignments started flying in since the very first week. Now I know for sure that this job isn't for me alone. There is just way too much to handle for one person and work everything out efficiently. I'm bringing along a new face to help me out with the project @Cherkasov. His texture work is amazing and he'll help me out with that. Also @warden_1 will be helping out as well with the boring retopology and uv mapping part of 3D modelling  from time to time.

Now some things I want to mention about mod. I'm gonna go through all the old models I have and check them if they live it up to the new standards. So some stuff like JPC, FAST, AIRFRAMES will be in the T1GP. But their whole appearance will be updated as well making loadouts set-up looking not so overfilled with a lot of junk. Especially on the vests. 

That would be all for now. Thank you everyone who is still patiently waiting after all this time! 

• Like 21

Ah Cherkasov is the guy who worked on the Aspis Gear Pack. Really like his stuff, so I'm happy to see the two of you are cooperating on this (and warden_1 too of course). 

• Like 5

But their whole appearance will be updated as well making loadouts set-up looking not so overfilled with a lot of junk. Especially on the vests. 

What do you want to remove ?

I think right now they are really good

18 minutes ago, IvyMike said:

MilGP has the nicest loadouts out there, but I tend to use marksman and SAW loadouts more because they have closed magazine pouches and are less cramped (that small notepad is a little too much for me LOL).

So, I was happy when Adacas said he would change loadouts. 

This is not a request... but my opinion

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IvyMike said:

My mistake I didn't sound it that clear. What I intend to do is to remove some weight from the vests. Examples: dual stack magazines on the battle belts, some pouches on the back sides which in reality are not really accessible. I have been moving pouches on my JPC and battle belt until I found what it is working. 

Vests will still have those little details that made them good it is just that they will feature pouches that are actually has purpose and not just there to fill the empty molle space.

• Like 9

Soo... in other words: you'll make 'em less fobbit and more HSLD?

I'M SOLD! :don11:

3 hours ago, Adacas said:

My mistake I didn't sound it that clear. What I intend to do is to remove some weight from the vests. Examples: dual stack magazines on the battle belts, some pouches on the back sides which in reality are not really accessible. I have been moving pouches on my JPC and battle belt until I found what it is working. 

Vests will still have those little details that made them good it is just that they will feature pouches that are actually has purpose and not just there to fill the empty molle space.

Awesome, that was literally my only point of 'criticism' with the current setups (well, that and the old arma 2 radios). I love all the clutter, but the double stacked pouches were a bit overkill at times. Glad to see this minor issue addressed. 

• Like 1

Hey guys,

got a tiny preview for all of you, all subject to change obviously.

Spoiler

ba8929d1d5a0abd1aca455b73dabab42.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, Kacey Riley said:

is there any difference between the tier 1 gear pack and the Military Gear pack on steam??

tier 1 gear pack is not released yet

Hello!

I wanna have a try to model a new holster for the pistols, because those Serpa holster I used before are not being used by active duty personnel anymore cause of safety reasons. I need something that would work with most of the pistols that are in A3. Throw your suggestions and if someone owns it personally and can take pictures of for me so I could model it more accurately even better.  

19 hours ago, Adacas said:

Hello!

I wanna have a try to model a new holster for the pistols, because those Serpa holster I used before are not being used by active duty personnel anymore cause of safety reasons. I need something that would work with most of the pistols that are in A3. Throw your suggestions and if someone owns it personally and can take pictures of for me so I could model it more accurately even better.  

Is it the beginning of leg holsters ? O.O

2 hours ago, IvyMike said:

Is it the beginning of leg holsters ? O.O

Might be :)

It's hard to get decent looking leg drops, that work with all uniforms, without clipping, however a decent safariland 6354 would be nice to see

• Like 3

2 hours ago, road runner said:

It's hard to get decent looking leg drops, that work with all uniforms, without clipping, however a decent safariland 6354 would be nice to see

If I decide to do drop-leg holsters I'll fit them to the A3 BLUFOR uniform and I'll base my uniforms on that as well. But for every drop-leg vest variant I'll also make one without it. I'll just move it on the battle belt.

• Like 4

The thing with the drop holsters is that there is also many many folk who wear it wrong.  You can find many refs of it being improper ie: mid thigh or top of the knee.  This allows the firearm to flop around with the holster smackin your nuts when your run. 

Like this is the proper way, but how it will work with animating, uniform clipping etc is beyond my wheelhouse.

safariland-holster-mod-01.jpg

56 minutes ago, SnakeDocc said:

Would be sick to have some holsters on the front of chest rigs eg

Reveal hidden contents

uRmSbzT.png

There are a couple of these in the MGP mod so I'd imagine they'll find their way into Adacas's stuff once more

• Like 1